The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway Geography 2013

Hello to all geographers thinking of starting Royal Holloway in 2013!

Thought it would be good to have a thread for geography royal holloway so we could all get to know each other before September :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey I found it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey, im doing geography and geology joint honours. Hope to firm it in the coming weeks! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by CR-19
Hey, im doing geography and geology joint honours. Hope to firm it in the coming weeks! :smile:

Wow I was going to Choose this course but after much reflection decided that I'd stick with bsc geography as I don't have maths a level and maybe do some geology modules as my optional ones :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by winningjojo
Wow I was going to Choose this course but after much reflection decided that I'd stick with bsc geography as I don't have maths a level and maybe do some geology modules as my optional ones :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea thats the thing I liked most of all, that you can pick and choose modules you want to do which is great :smile: . I don't think you need maths a level for my course, I don't do it.
Reply 5
Original post by CR-19
Yea thats the thing I liked most of all, that you can pick and choose modules you want to do which is great :smile: . I don't think you need maths a level for my course, I don't do it.

No you don't but the guy on the open day said there was a fair amount of maths but my A in gcse was fine as long as I did a "mathsey science " like chemistry (which I do) just frightened me a bit because literally that A was 90% luck and 10% knowledge haha!
I also realised that the only geology that really grabbed my attention was the tectonic stuff and that prehistoric stuff really wasn't for me ! It still interests me as a subject so the fact there are "free" modules from other departments is great!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
A
No you don't but the guy on the open day said there was a fair amount of maths but my A in gcse was fine as long as I did a "mathsey science " like chemistry (which I do) just frightened me a bit because literally that A was 90% luck and 10% knowledge haha!
I also realised that the only geology that really grabbed my attention was the tectonic stuff and that prehistoric stuff really wasn't for me ! It still interests me as a subject so the fact there are "free" modules from other departments is great!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah fair enough, I wasn't given the impression there was a huge amount of maths stuff but I do biology anyway which is kind of mathy I guess. Just hoping my results are good enough on Thursday so I can firm it!
Reply 7
Original post by CR-19
A
Ah fair enough, I wasn't given the impression there was a huge amount of maths stuff but I do biology anyway which is kind of mathy I guess. Just hoping my results are good enough on Thursday so I can firm it!

I'm sure they will be! I was going to have it as my insurance choice because the grades were lower but I love it so much think it has to be my firm!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Heeyyy
Hoping to do Bsc Geography :smile:
Reply 9
Visited the department today loved it! Roll on September! What accommodation is everyone looking at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Megan.S
Heeyyy
Hoping to do Bsc Geography :smile:
Nice! Do you have an offer yet?
Reply 11
Visited the department today loved it! Roll on September! What accommodation is everyone looking at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Williamson, tuke and butler look pretty awesome. Cheap and you get a double bed too! Definitely going self catered. Do you know if rhul counts as a London uni in terms of the maintenance loan?
Original post by CR-19
Williamson, tuke and butler look pretty awesome. Cheap and you get a double bed too! Definitely going self catered. Do you know if rhul counts as a London uni in terms of the maintenance loan?

It does get the London loan - said at one of the presentations. I'm going for. Williamson butler and tuke too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by CR-19
Nice! Do you have an offer yet?

Indeed I do! Get my results today aaaah!
Thinking of founders ! :smile: not sure yet though Williamson tuke and butler look pretty lush!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Well, I may not be joining you all at rhul unless I ace my retakes. Results were pretty awful including a U in biology :frown:
Awh no! Ace your retakes! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys don't be put off by today's results we can still get there!!

I have my A for geog :biggrin: but I got a B and an E in chemistry and a C in French so hopefully with retakes I'll get A geog A englit B Chem and C French.

To everyone who had amazing results WELL DONE!! To everyone who's a bit disappointed - there is still time let's ace the summer we have real motivation now!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Guys don't be put off by today's results we can still get there!!

I have my A for geog :biggrin: but I got a B and an E in chemistry and a C in French so hopefully with retakes I'll get A geog A englit B Chem and C French.

To everyone who had amazing results WELL DONE!! To everyone who's a bit disappointed - there is still time let's ace the summer we have real motivation now!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, very true. So motivated to work now, won't have much of a life these next 3 months! I know a few people who got into unis if they were one grade below offer so still a good chance for most.
Reply 19
Hey everyone, I'm Emily and I've made Royal Holloway my firm choice for BSc geography :smile:
Got a B in my geography results today which isn't too bad, hoping to shift it up to an A in June though. Well done on everyone else's results!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending