The Student Room Group

Should I resit my A-levels?

I was hoping to study Geography at KCL with a BBB but unfortunately I got a BCC.

For History I got a B but for Geography and Computer Science I got C's, though I'm 6 marks off a B for Comp Sci and 10 marks off a B for Geography. Despite this, there's no guarantee I'll improve my grades or get offered a place again at KCL or QMUL if I do resit.

Should I attempt a resit of my exams or go through with my confirmed clearing spot at Royal Holloway University?
Reply 1
Original post by GonRo
I was hoping to study Geography at KCL with a BBB but unfortunately I got a BCC.

For History I got a B but for Geography and Computer Science I got C's, though I'm 6 marks off a B for Comp Sci and 10 marks off a B for Geography. Despite this, there's no guarantee I'll improve my grades or get offered a place again at KCL or QMUL if I do resit.

Should I attempt a resit of my exams or go through with my confirmed clearing spot at Royal Holloway University?

Resit, use 30 grand wisely.
Reply 2
Original post by GonRo

Don't worry they're not Oxbridge, you'll get offers and even if you don't on results day you can apply through adjustment.
Original post by Labib98
Don't worry they're not Oxbridge, you'll get offers and even if you don't on results day you can apply through adjustment.

Adjustment no longer exists.
Original post by GonRo

Are you happy with the course at RHUL?
Reply 5
Original post by GonRo

How well did you think you’d done this time, and if you resat do you realistically feel you could do better? Grades are going to remain on the pre pandemic lines from now on so the inflated grades of the last few years are things of the past. If you honestly feel that with an extra year you could do better, and that RH isn’t for you, then do it. Loads of people take a gap year for a multitude of reasons and you’ll always find a uni ready to accept you with your achieved grades.
So what would make you happiest!

Quick Reply

Latest