The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Dyed hair is hot. True fact.
Reply 21
Perhaps not ugly, but they can be annoying and/or immature.
Reply 22
Original post by Umbra
Anyone else notice (be it on facebook, msn or video games) all the girls who use smileys like =3 and >.> all watch anime, have dyed hair (to try and look like an anime character) are ugly, are teenagers, are tomboys, play video games and share other characteristics?

Seriously, every time I see one of them (do they have a name?) I know what's up... I don't think I've ever seen a girl use one of those smileys and NOT have this personality

I know a girl who uses those emoticons a lot, has dyed hair, is obsessed with anime, and pretty much does everything you mentioned in that post. She also happens to be the most attractive person I know. Seriously, she's really beautiful. (And no, we're not dating, so I have no ulterior motive for saying that.)

And the word you're thinking of is probably "weeaboo". But they don't tend to like being called that :tongue:
I like to think I'm not ugly (apparently I'm quite pretty but idk...) but I have to agree with the OP to a certain extent. I love anime (my username makes that pretty clear), I use those emoticons all the time, and I do enjoy videogames :3 I'm not too sure why that annoys you though, loads of people have these interests but they have other interests too, you should get to know someone before you immediately dismiss them as being annoying people that you wouldn't get along with, everyone's different! :smile:
Original post by Umbra
Ok not all ugly, but they share a lot of these qualities. The smileys especially suck

I do agree with the qualities except for the ugly bit I'm not gonna lie all the girls I know that are like this are attractive :lol:
Reply 25
Original post by Anime Lover
I like to think I'm not ugly (apparently I'm quite pretty but idk...) but I have to agree with the OP to a certain extent. I love anime (my username makes that pretty clear), I use those emoticons all the time, and I do enjoy videogames :3 I'm not too sure why that annoys you though, loads of people have these interests but they have other interests too, you should get to know someone before you immediately dismiss them as being annoying people that you wouldn't get along with, everyone's different! :smile:

It's because it's a stereotype people play to. I don't like any group people try to be a part of, be it scene kid, emo, hipster, chav, etc. Maybe you think that's not the case but I find it hard to believe these weeaboos or whatever share all these qualities by coincidence.

Original post by JordanS94
I do agree with the qualities except for the ugly bit I'm not gonna lie all the girls I know that are like this are attractive :lol:

Lucky you. I'll trade you some of mine
Reply 26
I know the kinds of girls you mean. I've heard people say similar things, but personally I think it's pretty hit-and-miss, sometimes I really dig it. Also, as long as it isn't used mostly as a way of getting male attention, girls who play video games are the best kind of girls.

I used to use things like -_- and xD quite a lot when I was younger, I guess I just needed to grow out of it. "xD" in particular I severely regret my overuse of, perhaps because the only other person I know who still uses it is annoying as ****.
Original post by Schichtoe
Dyed hair is hot. True fact.

Oh hi there you. :biggrin:

Mine's going blue pretty soon I reckon. I'm a little bored of purple and pink.

OP, I use XD etc sometimes, and I'm not ugly. Perhaps not drop-dead gorgeous, but not ugly. And I certainly do not wish to be Japanese. Maybe you should stop stereotyping - you never know when someone will do it to you and be wildly inaccurate.
Reply 28
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons

OP, I use XD etc sometimes, and I'm not ugly. Perhaps not drop-dead gorgeous, but not ugly. And I certainly do not wish to be Japanese. Maybe you should stop stereotyping - you never know when someone will do it to you and be wildly inaccurate.

Haha hi!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wbAIQWE4fk

Start of this video, you mean like that? I've never been more in love with anyone than I am in love with her in that character. :x Do it like that and I'll be your bitch forever.
Reply 29

Stereotypes are based on actual groups of people. Just because it's not PC to stereotype doesn't mean they don't exist
Original post by Umbra
Stereotypes are based on actual groups of people. Just because it's not PC to stereotype doesn't mean they don't exist

When did I say they didn't exist? But they shouldn't be encouraged. It's not nice to stereotype, particularly when they're simply not right. I'm not religious, but "Judge not, lest ye be judged" seems to be apt here.
Holy **** I've used :3 before..
**** I must be an ugly girl
Haha hi!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wbAIQWE4fk

Start of this video, you mean like that? I've never been more in love with anyone than I am in love with her in that character. :x Do it like that and I'll be your bitch forever.

Oooh, that sort of colour :biggrin: It used to be that colour anyway, so I'm going back to it.
Reply 33
urglayyyy
Reply 34
Oooh, that sort of colour :biggrin: It used to be that colour anyway, so I'm going back to it.

Urgh, you. Get in my bed. Right now.
Urgh, you. Get in my bed. Right now.

:biggrin: If only I had this effect in real life. :unimpressed:
Reply 36
Original post by pixelfrag
Holy **** I've used :3 before..
**** I must be an ugly girl

Sorry to be the one to inform you

When did I say they didn't exist? But they shouldn't be encouraged. It's not nice to stereotype, particularly when they're simply not right. I'm not religious, but "Judge not, lest ye be judged" seems to be apt here.

You can judge me if you want. I don't try and fit a certain image
I didn't even know they had any connotation to Japan.

I use them cause they look better than normal smilies. Most of my friends do too and none of us watch anime. :dontknow: Sorry, OP.
Original post by Umbra
Anyone else notice (be it on facebook, msn or video games) all the girls who use smileys like =3 and >.> all watch anime, have dyed hair (to try and look like an anime character) are ugly, are teenagers, are tomboys, play video games and share other characteristics?

Seriously, every time I see one of them (do they have a name?) I know what's up... I don't think I've ever seen a girl use one of those smileys and NOT have this personality

Ur an idiot hahahahahaha
Original post by Umbra

You can judge me if you want. I don't try and fit a certain image

Neither do I.

Latest