The Student Room Group

Films that everybody else likes , but you don't

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Skyfall, I got about half way through and just turned it off. Its so dull and predictable.
avatar, twilight and the woman in black
Reply 22
I'll second Superbad. Just incredibly not my sense of humour.
Original post by callmemorbid
avatar, twilight and the woman in black

Twilight is awesome!! Im literally watching it now ha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
My sisters keeper, it tried too hard to be a depressing film and it just made it not enjoyable at all...
Original post by aja89
(500) Days Of Summer.

Utter ****e but throw a few Smiths references in and you're away with the hipsters.

This x 10000000
Reply 26
The avengers! To me it was just a pretty average superhero film, didn't get the hype at all

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Iamyourfather
Inception, Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, Avatar, Avengers, All 8 of the HP films, I Am Legend and The Pursuit of Happyness.

was just about to say this! :smile: honestly don't get the hype.
Reply 28
People saying LOTR, on what basis?

I get if it's just not to your taste, but other than that, what's so wrong with them? If anything they're a great example of how to do fantasy.
I'd have to say The Hunger Games. It was a good enough book, but I didn't think it transferred to movie well. Not to mention, it's really confusing if you haven't read the book and aren't sure what it's about. It doesn't really bother to explain much of anything that happens.
I'd also have to agree about some of the HP films. I thought 1 and 2 were pretty well done, and part 1 of number 7 was decent, but the other ones were either mediocre or downright bad.
Shawshank Redemption - OK, its not poo, but why is this constantly referred to as one of the best movies of our time? What set's it apart from other prison films?

Star Trek - pretty avearge sci-fi
Original post by GarnetStone
I'd have to say The Hunger Games. It was a good enough book, but I didn't think it transferred to movie well. Not to mention, it's really confusing if you haven't read the book and aren't sure what it's about.

not to mention, it was completely ****
Most stuff by Tarantino
Original post by scrotgrot
Most stuff by Tarantino

Agreed. I really dislike his comic book violence and not because I think it is glorifying violence but because the playfulness is just dull. A director like Cronenburg does unreal violence so much better, his is visceral but still gritty.

When I found out about the Tarantino Universe I wasn't impressed either even though the person who told me expected my mind to be blown by it. I don't see why that should give any of the movies more weight just because he and his fans have made up a private fantasy around them all.

Reservoir Dogs was pretty good though.
Reply 34
Original post by Fusion
The Dark Knight srs?
Many mafia gangster films
Will Ferrell films
Pulp Fiction srs?
Greent Street

srs?
Anchorman :getmecoat:

I didn't find it anywhere as near as funny as EVERYBODY makes it out to be.
Reply 36
Original post by Hanvyj
The tree of life.

Oh my that film made me mad. I asked if I could have my money back half way though, couldn't 'if I just didn't like the film'. It wasn't a bloody film it was a pile of trash.

I also agree on Napoleon Dynamite, I remember being in a room full of people laughing at it just thinking - why is this funny?

Completely agree it was awful! I gave up watching it with my family and ended up just walking up to the TV and taking the DVD out after 5 minutes, and everyone signed saying thank god that I had done that...

I also agree with 500 days of summer and I think it is called Whip it?- A soo boring, as a child I hated Finding Nemo but I do not mind it now...

Who ever said Harry Potter, I think I want to kill... I am not saying that just to follow trends but the graphics and special effects are amazing, the directing is superb ontop of the actors who seem to be born just to play those roles... it seems as though someone has recreated my vision of Rowling's books when I read them. It was as if her words had been brought to life...

EDIT: sorry for the rubbish grammar it is late....
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 37
[INDENT]
Original post by bananaterracottapie
was just about to say this! :smile: honestly don't get the hype.

I agree with the rest, but do not bring Will Smith into it.... Also it is spelt Happiness,if you going to slash W.S at least spell it right!
Reply 38
Original post by tehforum
srs?

Very
Original post by Tabzqt

watch video before negging/attacking me

Watched it all. The guy is a moron, and he clearly knows less than your average SATs student about plot and narrative.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest