The Student Room Group

Films that everybody else likes , but you don't

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Django Unchained and and the LOTR series.
Not that I hate these movies but they are rated in the top movies of all time by most people I know and these people would happily watch them again at a movie night or something. Whereas, I don't find these grossly entertaining so would rather not 'waste my time' watching these films again.
Reply 41
Free Willy... i thought it was going to be about gays... some stripy shark instead
Reply 42
Original post by Albino
My sisters keeper, it tried too hard to be a depressing film and it just made it not enjoyable at all...

Can't work out which button is for spoiler tags on my tablet, so if you're planning to watch this movie soon, scroll past me.

Would have been so much better without the twist of cancer girl wants to die. Really wish it had just been that the sister wanted to be more than a spare parts bin, you can love someone and not want to scoop out your organs for them.
Original post by Iamyourfather
Inception, Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, Avatar, Avengers, All 8 of the HP films, I Am Legend and The Pursuit of Happyness.

Wow, you just mentioned an basic summary of several of my all-time favourite films. Never watched 'Avatar' or 'I Am Legend' though.

'Pulp Fiction' being the acclaimed best film of all time is certainly a stretch, I found it to be rather tedious. Uma Thurman dances around in a 50's cafe with John Travolta, Samuel L. Jackson iconically discussing his unhealthly lust for cheeseburgers, Bruce Willis doing something (I forget, it was too forgetable) and Tarrantino making a pointless Hitchcock-esque signiture move for a film director appearance rambling on about something possibly unrelated to the plot. It just lead me to think to myself "What is the point of all this?".

I'd get lambastered for saying it, but then again I liked Deuce Bigalow alot more than the so-called "best film ever" and then I'll get scrutinised for lacking taste in "good cinema". :angry:

Oh and I'm a Nolan buff, but I must admit I found 'Momento' overrated actually.
Reply 44
Original post by Lakesx

I agree with the rest, but do not bring Will Smith into it.... Also it is spelt Happiness,if you going to slash W.S at least spell it right!

Wrong. It's spelled 'Happyness' in the title...:angry:
Reply 45
The Godfather, it insists upon itself.
Reply 46
It's 5:30am so I can't be bothered to check if it this has been mentioned already, but here goes.

Nearly everything by Tarantino.

Grr.
Original post by TheMightyAcorn
Wow, you just mentioned an basic summary of several of my all-time favourite films. Never watched 'Avatar' or 'I Am Legend' though.

'Pulp Fiction' being the acclaimed best film of all time is certainly a stretch, I found it to be rather tedious. Uma Thurman dances around in a 50's cafe with John Travolta, Samuel L. Jackson iconically discussing his unhealthly lust for cheeseburgers, Bruce Willis doing something (I forget, it was too forgetable) and Tarrantino making a pointless Hitchcock-esque signiture move for a film director appearance rambling on about something possibly unrelated to the plot. It just lead me to think to myself "What is the point of all this?".

I'd get lambastered for saying it, but then again I liked Deuce Bigalow alot more than the so-called "best film ever" and then I'll get scrutinised for lacking taste in "good cinema". :angry:

Oh and I'm a Nolan buff, but I must admit I found 'Momento' overrated actually.

Funny, I really like Pulp Fiction, Samuel L. Jackson made the film for me. Django is underwhelming, considering the hype.

I guess opinions clash at times. I'd take my opinions with a pinch of salt, I probably could be talking ****.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 48
Original post by Swanbow
The Godfather, it insists upon itself.

:lol: I c wut u did thar
Reply 49
Original post by OU Student
I've not seen a single film that's been mentioned so far.:redface:

Missing out if you havent watched Hangover IMO :tongue:
Original post by Lakesx

I agree with the rest, but do not bring Will Smith into it.... Also it is spelt Happiness,if you going to slash W.S at least spell it right!

Will Smith is a pretty average dramatic actor imo. His acting is very put on and contrived to me - I don't believe his acting. His gifts lie in comedy and music.

But who cares what I say? He's making millions off dramatic acting.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 51
Original post by confuzzled92
Shawshank Redemption - OK, its not poo, but why is this constantly referred to as one of the best movies of our time? What set's it apart from other prison films?

This the ending is what makes people love it so much.

Original post by Lakesx
[INDENT]

No it isn't
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by IlexBlue

Is your sig from '5 Centimeters Per Second'? I love that film!

Have you seen 'Voices of a Distant Star'? It's a really a captivating and powerful movie considering it's only 25 minutes long!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 53
Original post by scotttb
This the ending is what makes people love it so much.

The ending in the book is such a cliff hanger, certainly not like the film.
Reply 54
Original post by IlexBlue

Lets see if others get the reference hah.
The Harry potters... *yawn*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Original post by Short Story Long
I just read the tittle of this thread as having something to do with 'flimsy cat poo'. I need glasses.

I have nothing else to add.

You're not alone. I actually have my glasses on and misread that :colondollar:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 57
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
Watched it all. The guy is a moron, and he clearly knows less than your average SATs student about plot and narrative.

what doesn't he know? back up your statement instead of just leaving it like that...
the fact still remains that toy story 3 was just a rehash of toy story 2. That was the main criticism of it.
Reply 58
The new Bourne film. And Forrest Gump.
Original post by tjf8
The new Bourne film. And Forrest Gump.

Don't bring Forrest into this!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest