The Student Room Group

BSc (Hons) Applied Accounting from Oxford Brookes

I was wondering, how is a degree in BSc (Hons) Applied Accounting from Oxford Brookes compare with a degree in Acc&Fin from other universities such as Bristol, Bath, Durham, Exeter, Lancater?

In terms of 'prestige' and employment?

Thanks
Original post by farfalla
I was wondering, how is a degree in BSc (Hons) Applied Accounting from Oxford Brookes compare with a degree in Acc&Fin from other universities such as Bristol, Bath, Durham, Exeter, Lancater?

Thanks

Clearly not as "prestigious" in terms of university name but if you have good ECs, answer all the competency questions well and interview well then there is absolutely no reason that you won't get a job the same as everybody else. A degree is a degree at the end of the day.
Reply 2
Original post by Hedgeman49
Clearly not as "prestigious" in terms of university name but if you have good ECs, answer all the competency questions well and interview well then there is absolutely no reason that you won't get a job the same as everybody else. A degree is a degree at the end of the day.

The applied accounting degree also means you are Acca part qualified, as only Acca students can only do this degree
Reply 3
Original post by daindian
The applied accounting degree also means you are Acca part qualified, as only Acca students can only do this degree

Yeah I know that. I was pondering the idea of either getting a degree and then study for Acca or go directly with Acca and get the Oxford Brookes degree.
Reply 4
Original post by Hedgeman49

I was pondering the idea of either getting a degree and then study for Acca or go directly with Acca and get the Oxford Brookes degree. What are your thoughts?
Original post by farfalla

Thanks

If I were you, I would go for Bristol. ACCA won't really differentiate you from other graduates given you have had a degree - as I witnessed two ACCA advanced candidates on my AC were rejected.

While you can benefit much more from a prestigious degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Isn't this the degree you basically get for free for doing the ACCA? You do like one essay or something?

It's ridiculous if you ask me, devalues the time people spend getting actual degrees.
Reply 7
Doin the Oxford Brooke's degree means you don't get the uni experience, you don't have separate economics or statistics modules and you have no coursework.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending