The Student Room Group

computer science ucas

What universities would accept ABC for computer science and might I get an offer for an ABB or BBB course?
Original post by kiwiko
What universities would accept ABC for computer science and might I get an offer for an ABB or BBB course?

Hi @kiwiko

My name is Matilde and I work in Admissions at Oxford Brookes University.

I wanted to make you aware that at Oxford Brookes admissions to our BSc (Hons) in Computer Science, accredited by the British Computer Society (Full CITP, partial CEng), is conditional on achieving 112 UCAS tariff points, which in A Levels, for instance, is equivalent to BBC. This, however, does not mean we do not accept a different combination of grades: as long as the overall sum of your grades adds up to 112 and you meet our specific entry requirements, we will make you an offer. If this sounds interesting to you, please have a look at our course page here: https://www.brookes.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/computer-science

If your passion goes beyond computer science, we also offer Computer Science for Cyber Security, which you can find more about below:
https://www.brookes.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/computer-science-for-cyber-security

I hope this helps, if you require further information or have further queries do reach out to us using [email protected].

Best wishes,
Matilde
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by kiwiko

You might get an offer from ABB or BBB universities but nobody can guarantee that. It is worth a risk of 2 or 3 of these with 2 or 3 less risky options. You could also just apply to 2 or 3 options now and then decide when you get replies whether to try higher options or go for lower graded unis if you get rejections
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by swanseajack1
You might get an offer from ABB or BBB universities but nobody can guarantee that. It is worth a risk of 2 or 3 of these with 2 or 3 less risky options. You could also just apply to 2 or 3 options now and then decide when you get replies whether to try higher options or go for lower graded unis if you get rejections

Thank you that was very useful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending