The Student Room Group

When to start revising for AS level exams in May?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Tbx
I wish I had your dedication in sixth form, I do like 2 hours a day at uni :/

when did u start at a level?
Reply 21
Original post by Tbx
I wish I had your dedication in sixth form, I do like 2 hours a day at uni :/

Original post by Robbie242
Heh but do remember, with this amount of time dedicated to studying I do lose out on some aspects of student life (not that sixth form student life is that significant) but its like you have 3 choices with alevels and degrees; social life and good grades, good grades and sleep or sleep + social life etcetc. I literally have no social life apart from at lunch time and breaktime :P So there are sacrifices but its worth it in the end imho

what uni are you aiming for?
Reply 22
Original post by llitt
Oh I'm doing AQA USA 1890-1945 and AQA French Renaissance
Aha your USA history ends just around the time mine starts USA-1840-1868 (all the civil rights campaigns etc) and ooh French Renaissance sounds interesting personally I hate USA, so boring!
Reply 23
Original post by llitt

what uni are you aiming for?

I'm aiming mainly for Cambridge, but I would love to go Bristol or Warwick as other options, for Maths that is :P I didn't give two ****s at gcse but alevels are so much more interesting and rewarding
Reply 24
Aha your USA history ends just around the time mine starts USA-1840-1868 (all the civil rights campaigns etc) and ooh French Renaissance sounds interesting personally I hate USA, so boring!

I love it! Want to study US history with Modern history at UEA!!!
I'm doing A2s, but I'm bored so I'm replying to this anyway. At the start of the Easter holidays is when I always start. I haven't got any resits to do either, which is a bonus.
Reply 26
I'm aiming mainly for Cambridge, but I would love to go Bristol or Warwick as other options, for Maths that is :P I didn't give two ****s at gcse but alevels are so much more interesting and rewarding

I am aiming for UEA and Kent. I need to revise, but not as rigorous as you. You need A*AA, I need AAB-ABB. I am going to start revising tomorrow but not full on until Easter holidays!
Reply 27
Original post by Maid Marian
I'm doing A2s, but I'm bored so I'm replying to this anyway. At the start of the Easter holidays is when I always start. I haven't got any resits to do either, which is a bonus.

did u start then at AS?
Reply 28
Original post by llitt
I am aiming for UEA and Kent. I need to revise, but not as rigorous as you. You need A*AA, I need AAB-ABB. I am going to start revising tomorrow but not full on until Easter holidays!
Sounds like a good plan! :biggrin: and yeah I don't know what happened in January I was getting A's before the exams and that only correlated into c1 maths... anyway nice Uni choice and course aha, I could not put up with more modern history so I commend you for taking it at uni (dropping history this year, I hate the randomness of the exam questions on the exam day soo much)
Reply 29
Sounds like a good plan! :biggrin: and yeah I don't know what happened in January I was getting A's before the exams and that only correlated into c1 maths... anyway nice Uni choice and course aha, I could not put up with more modern history so I commend you for taking it at uni (dropping history this year, I hate the randomness of the exam questions on the exam day soo much)

What are your plans post-university?

I love history. However, I am not as good at French Ren. as I am at USA :P I am top of my politics class, average in my other lessons :frown: Top in USA class, above average in French Ren.

I revised the night before my politics mock and got an A. Doesn't that suggest revising early isn't necessarily beneficial?
Original post by llitt
did u start then at AS?

Yup.
Reply 31
Original post by Maid Marian
Yup.

Ok, thanks!

what grades did you get? :smile:
Um, I was planning to start at Easter... this thread had concerned me a bit :redface:
Reply 33
Original post by iheartdjokovic
Um, I was planning to start at Easter... this thread had concerned me a bit :redface:

Me too, but depends on what grades you're aiming for! What are you aiming for!?!
A month before is a good rule of thumb, but if you want to start earlier then go for it.

Just don't burnout before your exams.
Reply 35
Original post by Scratchyjam
A month before is a good rule of thumb, but if you want to start earlier then go for it.

Just don't burnout before your exams.

That's why I am worried about starting TOO early :wink:
Original post by iheartdjokovic

same here! Im now like great...im already going to get crap results :s-smilie:
I'm in A2 and have 5 exams,

3 A2 units (bio chem and physics)
2 AS resits (bio and physics)

I'm going to start heavy revision within the next week as soon as the biology EMPA and physics ISA's are all over and done with.
Reply 38
Original post by llitt
What are your plans post-university?

I love history. However, I am not as good at French Ren. as I am at USA :P I am top of my politics class, average in my other lessons :frown: Top in USA class, above average in French Ren.

I revised the night before my politics mock and got an A. Doesn't that suggest revising early isn't necessarily beneficial?
Depends on the subject, revising the night before for maths or economics will not work, nor will it for history as there's far much more content than personal elaboration. Politics I assume is the least-content heavy out of your alevels if its that easy to get an A.

Post-uni I'd like to go into something incredibly boring like statistics or predicting companies investment gain or something to generally play an important role (through mathematics) in a business/firm yeah wooo I'm a barrel of fun :cool:
Original post by llitt
Ok, thanks!

what grades did you get? :smile:

A - Maths
A - Biology
A - Geography
D - Physics
B - General Studies

Yeah, I dropped Physics :biggrin: Couldn't do it at all.

Quick Reply

Latest