The Student Room Group

Anyone been to Sk:n?

I have some acne scars/pigmentation that won't go away. Used Freederm Overnight Serum, Quinoderm, Clearasil Ultra Blemish+Marks Treatment Cream, and many other products over the counter but none worked.

I can't decide if I want a skin peel, isolaz, or maybe laser resurfacing treatment. Should I go for one treatment of each, or several treatments for one thing?

I have a feeling the consultation I've booked will end up nudging me for the most expensive combination of treatments rather than what's cheapest but works best.
Hi there, I can't help you too much but I would say don't worry about them nudging you into the most expensive treatment. I went to Sk:n an they actually told me that I didn't even need the treatment I wanted, so they will give you honest unbiased advice.
Reply 2
Original post by sarahthegemini
Hi there, I can't help you too much but I would say don't worry about them nudging you into the most expensive treatment. I went to Sk:n an they actually told me that I didn't even need the treatment I wanted, so they will give you honest unbiased advice.

Can I ask you whereabouts you went - which clinic? And did you have the consultation with a nurse, doctor or medical director?

As soon as I can afford it, this is the first thing on my list.
Original post by rachel.h
Can I ask you whereabouts you went - which clinic? And did you have the consultation with a nurse, doctor or medical director?

As soon as I can afford it, this is the first thing on my list.

I went to a clinic in Northamptonshire, and my consultation was with a beauty therapist person I think.
Reply 4
Original post by sarahthegemini
I went to a clinic in Northamptonshire, and my consultation was with a beauty therapist person I think.

Found this post on the net and it seems really useful. Just in case anyone wants to know about skin peels. I have some facial hair and have plucked them out. Maybe my scars are caused by the tweezers, maybe acne. Not sure... The Phenol peels is probably what Sk:n calls Innerpeel. Might give that a shot. Can't afford for laser hair removal as well so I'll leave that out for now and just shave.

"Chemical peels are classified into 3 different strengths: Superficial, medium-depth and deep peel. An example of a superficial peel is a glycolic, AHA peel or BHA peel. These peels are said to be effective at lightening acne scars. You should plan on having about 6 superficial peels to be equal in strength to one medium depth peel. A medium depth peel such as the Obagi Blue peel or a TCA peel will give you more pronounced results and deeper peeling. Phenol peels are the deepest and often done under sedation. A phenol peel will remove wrinkles and acne scars but will also remove all signs of pigment in your skin.

Perhaps you should start with a milder peel and see the results before moving on to a stronger medium-depth peel. A superficial chemical peel should not cause scaring, unless you pick at the skin that is peeling off your face. It is imperative that you let your skin heal and do not speed the process of peeling by picking."
Reply 5
Had my free consultation with a nurse (smoking hot nurse!) and I was just given general information and now I have to book a £140 consultation session with a medical director doctor next month. Ouch, and just missed the 20% spring discounts. Dammit!
Reply 6

hi girls
i am advice to face cover from cloth because in present time most important to care skin because all area increase compdision
so skin care is very important from pollution
then cover fce any cloth.

Quick Reply

Latest