The Student Room Group

Unis that offer Dentistry

Hello :smile: im looking to go to university in 2014 and im a hopeful dentist :smile: i was just wondering because there are only like 13 unis for dentistry and I was just wondering what is the best university for dentistry?? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Glasgow! We're second on the Guardian's league table (http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/table/2012/may/22/university-guide-dentistry) and top of The Complete University Guide table (http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Dentistry).
Original post by fuzzycloud
Glasgow! We're second on the Guardian's league table (http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/table/2012/may/22/university-guide-dentistry) and top of The Complete University Guide table (http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Dentistry).

I was thinking along the lines of kings, queen marys and newcastle lol but Glasgow seems quite good :smile: and if your Scottish which im presuming that you are, you have no tuition fees to pay whereas i will still have to pay 9k a year :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by That_Clever_Guy
I was thinking along the lines of kings, queen marys and newcastle lol but Glasgow seems quite good :smile: and if your Scottish which im presuming that you are, you have no tuition fees to pay whereas i will still have to pay 9k a year :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha oh well! Have a look at those links I posted and see where the universities come, especially in relation to student satisfaction. To be honest with dentistry it doesn't make a huge difference which uni you go to.
Haha oh well! Have a look at those links I posted and see where the universities come, especially in relation to student satisfaction. To be honest with dentistry it doesn't make a huge difference which uni you go to.

Thanks anyway :smile: btw are you studying dentistry or a dentist hopeful?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Thanks anyway :smile: btw are you studying dentistry or a dentist hopeful?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep I'm studying in Glasgow!
Yep I'm studying in Glasgow!

Thats good man :smile: if you dont mind me asking, what did you get in your AS grades? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Thats good man :smile: if you dont mind me asking, what did you get in your AS grades? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I'm from Scotland so I did highers and advanced highers. I got AAABB in 5th year (highers) and ABB in 6th (one higher and two advanced highers).
Reply 9
It really doesn't matter what university you go to for dentistry, so you're better off looking for where you'd stand the best chance of getting in and would enjoy yourself at.

Having said that, I've heard that graduating from KCL provides an advantage if you wish to practice in London (as many dental employers in London tend have supposedly graduated from there themselves), though I'm not sure how true that is.
Original post by Vian
It really doesn't matter what university you go to for dentistry, so you're better off looking for where you'd stand the best chance of getting in and would enjoy yourself at.

Having said that, I've heard that graduating from KCL provides an advantage if you wish to practice in London (as many dental employers in London tend have supposedly graduated from there themselves), though I'm not sure how true that is.

Cheers man thanks for your advice :smile: yeh i was looking at KCL but we will have to wait and see :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
In terms of league tables: Glasgow & KCL. But in terms of reality, anywhere you get a place is good enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ModernLove
In terms of league tables: Glasgow & KCL. But in terms of reality, anywhere you get a place is good enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your advice :smile: much appreciated :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
If dentistry is anything like medicine, then go where you want to go....not because of some silly league table.
Original post by frogs r everywhere
If dentistry is anything like medicine, then go where you want to go....not because of some silly league table.

Yehh i know what you mean :smile: because dentistry and medicine are pretty much the same wherever you go expect Oxbridge lol :smile: but i was thinking somewhere like leeds manchester or newcastle but i will see what happens :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Manchester, Glasgow and King's College London is the best dentistry university for study.
Reply 16
They are all the same mate. Dentistry is dentistry no matter where you go. Just need to get one offer and that's all

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Dev*
They are all the same mate. Dentistry is dentistry no matter where you go. Just need to get one offer and that's all

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Lol :smile: cheers man

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest