The Student Room Group

How many hours are you revising each day?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Boy_wonder_95
When you say mechanics do you mean Mechanics 1 or 2?
Just wondering as I might be doing the same one as you :colondollar:

I do MEI (ocr) M1
Original post by loveslinus
I do MEI (ocr) M1

Oh goodluck! I sat M1 this Jan and I've got M2 this summer :redface:
Original post by dav22
Trying 4-5, I have 8 exams, although 1 being general studies :rolleyes:

what grades are you aiming for? :smile:
Reply 203
Original post by upthegunners
what grades are you aiming for? :smile:

got A's in January so hopefully I can do that again, but I only had 3 exams in January so a little nervous :rolleyes: what about you? :redface:
Original post by dav22
got A's in January so hopefully I can do that again, but I only had 3 exams in January so a little nervous :rolleyes: what about you? :redface:

Oh well done on that :biggrin: I got an A and a B in Physics and Chemistry respectively

One raw mark of an A in Chemistry:lol: So I am repeating it and then all together I will have 8 exams

I hope to get AAAA, but I have no idea if I will or not :redface:
Reply 205
Oh well done on that :biggrin: I got an A and a B in Physics and Chemistry respectively

One raw mark of an A in Chemistry:lol: So I am repeating it and then all together I will have 8 exams

I reckon you will get those grades, you have the motivation to work like me and you have proven you can get an A in a subject, so why not the others? :smile:
My revision starts again tomorrow, oh what fun, should finish around 4 though, I always wake up early. :smile:

What time do you start and finish revising?
Reply 206
As long as it takes for me to complete the tasks I set.
Original post by LaughingGas
I reckon you will get those grades, you have the motivation to work like me and you have proven you can get an A in a subject, so why not the others? :smile:
My revision starts again tomorrow, oh what fun, should finish around 4 though, I always wake up early. :smile:

What time do you start and finish revising?

That's really good encouragement! Thank you very much! :biggrin: And the exam same to you. :smile:

Well, I start school again tomorrow:rolleyes: But I get home around 4. That means I'll try and put in 4 solid hours before bedtime around 11. Which should be easily doable! :P

Over Easter I got up at about 11 (yes I am lazy) and revised until about 6/7 with loads of breaks (probably too many) but I always make sure I get 4 solid hours done. After that I just toy about with some Maths or something :tongue:

But come this satuday I want to be really knuckling down..so I'll probably get up at 9 and do 4 hours ( with breaks) which will take me to around 3/4pm and then Ill revise from about 6 to bed time (which will amount to another solid 4 hours) Just remember plenty of breaks! And yea, thatll be about 8 hours in total of super effective revision. :biggrin:
I haven't started revising.... :frown:
24 hours every day.

Sleep is for the weak.
Reply 210
Original post by chelseafan
I haven't started revising.... :frown:

Same!

Sadly haven't even opened my books. Must start soon....

:frown:
Reply 211
That's really good encouragement! Thank you very much! :biggrin: And the exam same to you. :smile:

Well, I start school again tomorrow:rolleyes: But I get home around 4. That means I'll try and put in 4 solid hours before bedtime around 11. Which should be easily doable! :P

Over Easter I got up at about 11 (yes I am lazy) and revised until about 6/7 with loads of breaks (probably too many) but I always make sure I get 4 solid hours done. After that I just toy about with some Maths or something :tongue:

But come this satuday I want to be really knuckling down..so I'll probably get up at 9 and do 4 hours ( with breaks) which will take me to around 3/4pm and then Ill revise from about 6 to bed time (which will amount to another solid 4 hours) Just remember plenty of breaks! And yea, thatll be about 8 hours in total of super effective revision. :biggrin:

Nice, sounds like a good plan, as I only have 4 exams 4 hours seems good for me, though I may add an extra hour for biology, the F212 unit is pretty hard. I usually wake up at 9 and start at 10 and finish at around 4 (with breaks). I go back to school on the 15th. That will still give me a month and a bit to revise more content. :rolleyes:

When I go back i'll try to get 4 hours done, depends on how I feel during after school. :smile:
Reply 212
I got 9 exams coming up for A2 + some AS retakes, I feel like I've not revised much even though I do some revision everyday... I feel screwed up =(
Nice, sounds like a good plan, as I only have 4 exams 4 hours seems good for me, though I may add an extra hour for biology, the F212 unit is pretty hard. I usually wake up at 9 and start at 10 and finish at around 4 (with breaks). I go back to school on the 15th. That will still give me a month and a bit to revise more content. :rolleyes:

When I go back i'll try to get 4 hours done, depends on how I feel during after school. :smile:

Yea, good plan... but only good if I pull it off! :biggrin:

I have been dedicating the majority of my time to F212. Finished my note taking on it today! I like it so much more than F211. F211 is a lot harder for me :frown: You're so lucky you get a longer holiday! :[s]tongue[/s]:

The exams I am most worried about are F211 and Chemistry edexcel unit 2:colondollar:
Reply 214
2 - 3 hours with regular breaks.
Reply 215

Well done! And aw, that's annoying but you can make up for it in your next chemistry exam :smile: You can do it!! But same :') like I literally had no clue what results I was going to get on results day :colondollar:
Reply 216
Yea, good plan... but only good if I pull it off! :biggrin:

I have been dedicating the majority of my time to F212. Finished my note taking on it today! I like it so much more than F211. F211 is a lot harder for me :frown: You're so lucky you get a longer holiday! :[s]tongue[/s]:

The exams I am most worried about are F211 and Chemistry edexcel unit 2:colondollar:

I do like finishing notes, but I finished them too early for the January modules. I think I finished all my notes late November or something. Do you use the CGP revision guide by any chance for biology? :smile:
I do like finishing notes, but I finished them too early for the January modules. I think I finished all my notes late November or something. Do you use the CGP revision guide by any chance for biology? :smile:

wow :O Nope but I actually made a thread about one hour ago to ask if they were any good? :O Do you mind telling me? :colondollar: thanks :smile:
Reply 218
wow :O Nope but I actually made a thread about one hour ago to ask if they were any good? :O Do you mind telling me? :colondollar: thanks :smile:

They're very good for biology, I have one, my friend also has it. I didn't use it entirely for Jan modules and I regret that lol. My friend only used the CGP book and he achieved a high A, he never used the text book(OCR Heinemann). I got a B with the OCR Heinemann. A lot of people say, "it's not detailed enough", but it clearly is because they cut out all the details you don't need for the exam (they get straight to the point) and what they write tends to be the answer in the mark scheme. I would highly recommend it mainly because it can get you an A, and it's only 105 pages to learn (F211 and F212 combined)!

It's best to combine it with past papers though, that works.:biggrin:
They're very good for biology, I have one, my friend also has it. I didn't use it entirely for Jan modules and I regret that lol. My friend only used the CGP book and he achieved a high A, he never used the text book(OCR Heinemann). I got a B with the OCR Heinemann. A lot of people say, "it's not detailed enough", but it clearly is because they cut out all the details you don't need for the exam (they get straight to the point) and what they write tends to be the answer in the mark scheme. I would highly recommend it mainly because it can get you an A, and it's only 105 pages to learn (F211 and F212 combined)!

It's best to combine it with past papers though, that works.:biggrin:

Right I am going to get that for sure then! :biggrin:

Thanks for you input :biggrin: The text book is really bad at explaining things

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending