The Student Room Group

How many hours are you revising each day?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
How is everyone revising for chemistry? I'm doing the OCR course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 221
Original post by upthegunners
Right I am going to get that for sure then! :biggrin:

Thanks for you input :biggrin: The text book is really bad at explaining things

Yeah, all I'm going to use is the CGP book from now on, supported by past papers.
Reply 222
Hey guys, ive been finding these youtube videos helpful for revision :smile: a channel with the name BiologyBytes1 covers most of the chapters.
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
OMG you're so lucky! I wish I could be in a similar position :redface:, wanna swap? :tongue:

Haha, I quite like my exam timetable :wink: It's a bummer though that they are all within 8 days.
12-15 hours a day

I have 10 exams though
I'm kinda worried after seeing how much revision everyone has done! XD I did all of my homework last week and was planning to do revision this week but I can't think of where to start. Last year I did a total of about 10 hours of revision across 5 AS subjects and somehow got 5 As, but I have a feeling I won't be as lucky this time :/
On average, about 15 minutes a day which is disgusting considering I have 8 A2 exams to revise for :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 227
Original post by ItsImran
How is everyone revising for chemistry? I'm doing the OCR course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

OCR A or B? :smile:
I should probably start soon...
Reply 229
Right I am going to get that for sure then! :biggrin:

Thanks for you input :biggrin: The text book is really bad at explaining things

I also checked the specification against the CGP book, all of it is in the CGP book, in the same order as the specification lol :biggrin:
Original post by LaughingGas
I also checked the specification against the CGP book, all of it is in the CGP book, in the same order as the specification lol :biggrin:

That's awesome because I just ordered it tonight there :biggrin: Thanks for advising me to get it! I have the chemistry one already and its great so I am sure the biology one will be just as good!

sooo..how was your day of hard to the core revision? :lol:

is this the one I should be ordering?:smile: http://www.amazon.co.uk/AS-Level-Biology-Revision-Guide/dp/1841469572
(edited 11 years ago)
4-5 hours a day, will change when go back to college though :smile:. I'll probably be doing 2-3 a day after college, not including studying while in college.
Reply 232
That's awesome because I just ordered it tonight there :biggrin: Thanks for advising me to get it! I have the chemistry one already and its great so I am sure the biology one will be just as good!

sooo..how was your day of hard to the core revision? :lol:

is this the one I should be ordering?:smile: http://www.amazon.co.uk/AS-Level-Biology-Revision-Guide/dp/1841469572

Yeah it's a good book, my day was okay, did 4 hours, but it was slow work haha, this should be the one to get: http://www.amazon.co.uk/AS-Level-Biology-Complete-Revision-Practice/dp/1847621228/ref=dp_ob_title_bk :smile:

I'm not sure about the one you ordered though, I read the spec of your one, says it was published in 2004?

On the link I sent you, click "look inside" to look at the contents and its all the spec, right there :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Yeah it's a good book, my day was okay, did 4 hours, but it was slow work haha, this should be the one to get: http://www.amazon.co.uk/AS-Level-Biology-Complete-Revision-Practice/dp/1847621228/ref=dp_ob_title_bk :smile:

I'm not sure about the one you ordered though, I read the spec of your one, says it was published in 2004?

On the link I sent you, click "look inside" to look at the contents and its all the spec, right there :smile:

Just cancelled it and got the one you linked me too :smile: thanks :biggrin: just hoped they havent dispatched the first one :lol:

I did about 3 hours tonight..it's so hard on a school night :frown: Did not get home until late as well :frown: Did an F211 paper, an M1 paper and a Chemistry paper. :biggrin: I still don't feel that is enough though :s-smilie:
Reply 234
Just cancelled it and got the one you linked me too :smile: thanks :biggrin: just hoped they havent dispatched the first one :lol:

I did about 3 hours tonight..it's so hard on a school night :frown: Did not get home until late as well :frown: Did an F211 paper, an M1 paper and a Chemistry paper. :biggrin: I still don't feel that is enough though :s-smilie:

Don't overload yourself on school nights bud, I will probably go back doing 2 hours, as I will be doing work at school as well. 3 papers is a lot haha, more than I have done on a school night. What did you get for F211 btw? :smile: Mine is being remarked as we speak...
Don't overload yourself on school nights bud, I will probably go back doing 2 hours, as I will be doing work at school as well. 3 papers is a lot haha, more than I have done on a school night. What did you get for F211 btw? :smile: Mine is being remarked as we speak...

First time doing it :confused:

Have never done a Biology Alevel public exam before...

So worried :colondollar:

And yea I guess you're right haha. Only so much goes in :lol: 3 Past papers a night is my aim :biggrin:
Reply 236
First time doing it :confused:

Have never done a Biology Alevel public exam before...

So worried :colondollar:

And yea I guess you're right haha. Only so much goes in :lol: 3 Past papers a night is my aim :biggrin:

Really? Oh I sat mine in January, it's not so bad :rolleyes:, the paper in Jan was different to all the past papers, gave everyone a shock. If you can get your hands on it then that would be great, some trick questions were asked in that paper. My remark should go up 3-5 marks though (fingers crossed!) haha.
Really? Oh I sat mine in January, it's not so bad :rolleyes:, the paper in Jan was different to all the past papers, gave everyone a shock. If you can get your hands on it then that would be great, some trick questions were asked in that paper. My remark should go up 3-5 marks though (fingers crossed!) haha.

But you got 87UMS?:O

Yea, all my exams were very different in january

That's what really worries me about summer

I think the exam boards are really doing there best to make exams as different as possible from past papers from some absurd reasons

:frown: It really sucks ass
6 hours. Starting tomorrow. Sundays off for exam practice. FML

AS student btw
Reply 239
But you got 87UMS?:O

Yea, all my exams were very different in january

That's what really worries me about summer

I think the exam boards are really doing there best to make exams as different as possible from past papers from some absurd reasons

:frown: It really sucks ass

I didn't get 87 UMS :biggrin: I got around 60, which means if I go up 3 or so marks it pushes me up to a B, my technique was wrong in the exam, teachers said I had the knowledge, but I didn't apply the technique. They found 3-5 marks though when they marked my script so hopefully it will go up. I used the OCR book for that January exam and I reckon that's where I dropped my grade, the way it explains stuff in that book is silly. The CGP book is the way forward. :smile:

We should ask each other questions based on revision for F211 and F212 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending