The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Peaches & Cream
How revision going everyone? Or not, perhaps? :tongue:

It's one of those days where you blink and the whole day is gone :tongue:

I need to get into work mode
Original post by Jina
That is so true! They're taken on trips and kept happy, taken on residentials just so they commit to getting a C. :/ but thankfully, we also have streaming in our school so the top set classes are allowed access to A-A* content.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't really have a problem with sets because everyone has similar abilities, but when it comes to classes with mixed abilities such as history we only really focus on getting Cs, the teacher doesn't push us to get A - A*s.
Who's staying at their school for 6th Form?
Reply 1803
Original post by Elm Tree
I don't really have a problem with sets because everyone has similar abilities, but when it comes to classes with mixed abilities such as history we only really focus on getting Cs, the teacher doesn't push us to get A - A*s.

Not being rude to my friends, but those who are C grade in my class don't ever pay attention so our amazing teacher teaches us ... And when we're set a task, he goes over to them. You should talk to your teacher if you feel you're not being given access to higher level content.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1804
Who's staying at their school for 6th Form?

Me! Best school ever! Haha you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Not being rude to my friends, but those who are C grade in my class don't ever pay attention so our amazing teacher teaches us ... And when we're set a task, he goes over to them. You should talk to your teacher if you feel you're not being given access to higher level content.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I should, shouldn't I :tongue:
Original post by Jina
Me! Best school ever! Haha you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, I'm leaving mine :party2:
Reply 1807
Nah, I'm leaving mine :party2:

Why?! Isn't it good?

My school is on a mission, they show us graphs and persuade us to stay, saying it's the best sixth form in *area*...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Why?! Isn't it good?

My school is on a mission, they show us graphs and persuade us to stay, saying it's the best sixth form in *area*...

Posted from TSR Mobile

It used to be decent but all the good teachers are leaving - literally like 10 teachers will have left in this year ONLY
I'm staying. My teachers over the next 2 years are OP.
Reply 1810
It used to be decent but all the good teachers are leaving - literally like 10 teachers will have left in this year ONLY

That's what happened to the science and History department last year. We lost *counts* .. 6 or 7 amazing science teachers last year... :frown: Science department is now poopy and consists of newly graduated teachers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
That's what happened to the science and History department last year. We lost *counts* .. 6 or 7 amazing science teachers last year... :frown: Science department is now poopy and consists of newly graduated teachers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're good for trolling
Original post by Bude8
I'm staying. My teachers over the next 2 years are OP.

which uni do you want to go to?
which uni do you want to go to?

ur mum's house @@@

Cambridge
Original post by Bude8
ur mum's house @@@

Cambridge

see you there :wink:
see you there :wink:

at ur mum's house? ok