BTECH PE: 5
English language : 2
English literature: 2

Business, had a terrible teacher
English language and literature , had a supply for half the year
Media studies: Dont know what happened, but got an 8 in the last mock

Im also willing to put in ALOT of hardwork and sacrifice alot
Reply 2
I reckon it depends on how well you think you are capable of doing - the fact you are willing to put the time and effort in tells me that you'll do fine. Just keep a plan of action together and follow it. Nothing's impossible!! Mainly work on the things you struggle with.
Maths and English are super important and work on whatever you are looking to do for 16+ options.
Sorry to hear you have a rubbish teacher in Business, as long as it stops affecting your grade and you know how to improve it you'll be fine - but it'll be a huge climb!! Good luck :smile:
(edited 9 months ago)
See what you did wrong in your mocks and make a note of them so that you won't do the same thing in your next mocks. Keep repeating this each time you do a set of mocks.
You can also go through the syllabus and rate each topic based on how good you think you are on it. Then revise the topics with the worst ratings and reevaluate.

-Kao (Lancaster Maths & Stats Student Ambassador)
for english, watch videos from mr bruff or mr salles because they have some great stuff!! you can learn quotes and analysis beforehand if you find it easier.
download the syllabuses for your courses online and highlight the bits you struggle with so that you can target your revision.
do lots of past papers to improve your exam technique. there are mark schemes online, or you could ask your teachers to mark them for you.
Reply 5
Original post by PenguinLover560
Im going into yr 11 and these were my grades in my last mock of yr 10
Please tell me if you have any super tips to boost my grades

Maths: 6+
Biology: 6+
Chemistry: 7
Physics: 7
Media Studies : 3
Business Studies : 1
Geography : 6
BTECH PE: 5
English language : 2
English literature: 2

Business, had a terrible teacher
English language and literature , had a supply for half the year
Media studies: Dont know what happened, but got an 8 in the last mock

This is year 10, so you have not had much exposure to exams yet, so there is time to improve on these.
So things like past papers, asking the teachers the content needed for English and reading it and understanding inside and out (think daughter did inspector calls if i remember and she made notes in a second hand book). You tube can be so good for learning. Primrose kitten, shes pretty good. I like the amoeba sisters for biology gcse with the cartoons. its silly but helps remember.
Also note all the content thats needed, all the modules. And work on your weakest ones.Any thing from acronyms, relatable drawings round the notes to help you remember. Biology I remember drawing round my little brother on a big piece of paper and put all human biology notes on there from parts of the brain, to the gut. Then stuck it on bedroom wall. Anything to make the notes stand out and stick in the mind. I remember the eldest loving songs on you tube like ''we are your lungs'' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-plG8W8JZ0o that too also helped stick lol

Quick Reply

Latest