The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jina
:/ Around two years ago... But I'm muslim and I believe every soul has its given time, so it was his time to leave us. :frown:

Ahh I'm surprised you didn't have too much of a hard time there. Yeah, KSA can be very contradictory on some things. Lol I saw the shari'a police on a youtube video, they went round during prayer times in a shopping mall and made everyone go pray. Did you have churches where you lived?

Ahh... I'm glad you had a relatively easy time living there. I hope to go someday, obviously with a male relative haha.

Really? That's great.... I hope things do change for the better. Its a great country with amazing history. Did you manage to see any of the Princes/Kings palaces... I heard they're massive...

Aw, may his soul rest in peace :frown: ...

Yeah, for the near future a male companion would be pretty beneficial. Saudis are generally nice people though and you should definitely go. Do you intend on going to a Haaj one day?

Ohh, I've driven past a few but never actually visited any... Man, that oil wealth makes me jelly :colone: They're HUGE, made with decorated with actual gold, hordes of sports cars surrounding them... I wish someone put Sheikh next to my name so I could join in... haha :biggrin:
Reply 3341
Original post by Princepieman
Aw, may his soul rest in peace :frown: ...

Yeah, for the near future a male companion would be pretty beneficial. Saudis are generally nice people though and you should definitely go. Do you intend on going to a Haaj one day?

Ohh, I've driven past a few but never actually visited any... Man, that oil wealth makes me jelly :colone: They're HUGE, made with decorated with actual gold, hordes of sports cars surrounding them... I wish someone put Sheikh next to my name so I could join in... haha :biggrin:

Amen! :smile:

Haha a male relative will always be the ruling, it's the shari'a.
Saudi's tend to treat my ethnic group a little badly, Bangladeshi's are like their workers and I've heard horrid stories of arab treatment of other ethnic groups. I intend to go on the smaller Hajj, the main one is a massive commitment but all in good time. I'd also love to visit all the historical sites and desert areas... Non-muslims arent allowed in Makkah and medina though are they, those places are beautiful (from pictures :tongue:)

The oil wealth makes me water haha. Ahh i saw a TV show on "billionaire boy racers" (spoilt arab guys basically buying al these amazing cars)... I'm a girl and I drooled! Haha they certainly struck gold with all the oil. Haha Sheik is just the title, my name could have been Sheik jina and I'd still be ... Poor me. My actual dream (shh) is to go to the Arab countries and just snag an oil rich guy... -_- Don't judge! Lol
Original post by Jina
Amen! :smile:

Haha a male relative will always be the ruling, it's the shari'a.
Saudi's tend to treat my ethnic group a little badly, Bangladeshi's are like their workers and I've heard horrid stories of arab treatment of other ethnic groups. I intend to go on the smaller Hajj, the main one is a massive commitment but all in good time. I'd also love to visit all the historical sites and desert areas... Non-muslims arent allowed in Makkah and medina though are they, those places are beautiful (from pictures :tongue:)

The oil wealth makes me water haha. Ahh i saw a TV show on "billionaire boy racers" (spoilt arab guys basically buying al these amazing cars)... I'm a girl and I drooled! Haha they certainly struck gold with all the oil. Haha Sheik is just the title, my name could have been Sheik jina and I'd still be ... Poor me. My actual dream (shh) is to go to the Arab countries and just snag an oil rich guy... -_- Don't judge! Lol

Yeah, non-Muslims can't go. It's not fair.. oh well I'll just stick to my wall of Jerusalem and chill. :cool:

Truthfully, without that oil those guys would still be stuck in a desert land with no prospects - no offence. I never knew sheikh was a common title, I thought it was only for those of royalty or relatives of royalty. You learn a new thing every day huh? I wouldn't blame you if I was female I would do the same :colondollar: maybe you'll get a ring of islands as a wedding gift, who knows? haha :rolleyes:
Reply 3343
Yeah, non-Muslims can't go. It's not fair.. oh well I'll just stick to my wall of Jerusalem and chill. :cool:

Truthfully, without that oil those guys would still be stuck in a desert land with no prospects - no offence. I never knew sheikh was a common title, I thought it was only for those of royalty or relatives of royalty. You learn a new thing every day huh? I wouldn't blame you if I was female I would do the same :colondollar: maybe you'll get a ring of islands as a wedding gift, who knows? haha :rolleyes:

Haha... I need to find out why that is. Quite interesting...

Why would I take offence to that comment? It's true, they'd all be bedouins. I guess their test in life is how they spend their wealth and something tells me they're going about it the wrong way. Lol
Haha I guess traditional Sheik was a title for royalty... My friends name is Sheik and my maths teacher went mad one day trying to understand why she had a title. Lol You'll see that a lot of religious men also have the Sheik title.

Haha, you could also attract a rich heiress? Haha... Ring of islands, ring of diamonds... Anything. *dreams*

Which country did you prefer most: USA, UK, KSA or ... Was it China? :smile:
Original post by Jina
Haha... I need to find out why that is. Quite interesting...

Why would I take offence to that comment? It's true, they'd all be bedouins. I guess their test in life is how they spend their wealth and something tells me they're going about it the wrong way. Lol
Haha I guess traditional Sheik was a title for royalty... My friends name is Sheik and my maths teacher went mad one day trying to understand why she had a title. Lol You'll see that a lot of religious men also have the Sheik title.

Haha, you could also attract a rich heiress? Haha... Ring of islands, ring of diamonds... Anything. *dreams*

Which country did you prefer most: USA, UK, KSA or ... Was it China? :smile:

Hands down Hong Kong, they cook food like it's no one's business. The weather, diversity and not to much the accessibility (Mountain climbing one day; surfing the other). It's all round fantastic and pollution isn't as bad as Beijing.

Not to mention I'm an Otaku (person in love with anime for those who are clueless :smile: ) so a major fan of south-east asian culture especially Japanese, Korean and Chinese tehe I would LURVE to live in all three at some point in my life. :tongue:

What cities or countries have you travelled to? You lived in England all your life or moved around like moi? Ooh what's your favorite (sorry for the American spelling, force of habit) city and where would you want to live when you're older?
Reply 3345
Hands down Hong Kong, they cook food like it's no one's business. The weather, diversity and not to much the accessibility (Mountain climbing one day; surfing the other). It's all round fantastic and pollution isn't as bad as Beijing.

Not to mention I'm an Otaku (person in love with anime for those who are clueless :smile: ) so a major fan of south-east asian culture especially Japanese, Korean and Chinese tehe I would LURVE to live in all three at some point in my life. :tongue:

What cities or countries have you travelled to? You lived in England all your life or moved around like moi? Ooh what's your favorite (sorry for the American spelling, force of habit) city and where would you want to live when you're older?

The East Asian countries seem amazing.... The landscapes there must be one of a kind! Haha Otaku.... Bude would know what you mean... He's forever reading manga. What's the difference between Manga and Anime? Haha by Korea i assume you mean S.Korea.... Everyone's hating on N.Korea lately... No idea why. -_-

Haha I've been to Bangladesh and Belgium for holidays, both amazing and very different countries. I wish i could move around like you though! Life must be exotic, how do you manage to find the time to study and take exams?! I've pretty much been in London since the day I was born.

Haha do you say rubber or eraser... ?
Ahh... I'd love to travel to lots of different places (USA, Norway (northern lights!) Germany, Morocco, ireland and Scotland).... I'd like to live permanently innnnnn.... North african perhaps or America...

You planning on moving anywhere anytime soon? And where do you plan to live.. Other than the 3 cities you've mentioned already.
Original post by Jina
The East Asian countries seem amazing.... The landscapes there must be one of a kind! Haha Otaku.... Bude would know what you mean... He's forever reading manga. What's the difference between Manga and Anime? Haha by Korea i assume you mean S.Korea.... Everyone's hating on N.Korea lately... No idea why. -_-

Haha I've been to Bangladesh and Belgium for holidays, both amazing and very different countries. I wish i could move around like you though! Life must be exotic, how do you manage to find the time to study and take exams?! I've pretty much been in London since the day I was born.

Haha do you say rubber or eraser... ?
Ahh... I'd love to travel to lots of different places (USA, Norway (northern lights!) Germany, Morocco, ireland and Scotland).... I'd like to live permanently innnnnn.... North african perhaps or America...

You planning on moving anywhere anytime soon? And where do you plan to live.. Other than the 3 cities you've mentioned already.

:eek: How do you not know the difference between manga and anime???
Well, manga is usually a comic-like book with pictures and mini-blocks of text explaining the story and anime are just animated *cartoons* with sub-titles or with an English voice-over. /Otakuness over

Belgium is lovely, this might sound awkward but have you seen the peeing boy statue. the locals say he "reigns" over the city of Brussels :wink: haha

No, I don't think I'm moving again. Most moves last 3-4 years but I have been in Scotland for 6, hence my british passport - recent citizen FTW! Also, we moved mainly because of my day's career as he worked in the oil and gas industry, so we were posted to quite a few places. Unfortunately, he passed away three years ago. :frown:

So you've been to Belgium but not Scotland? What? It's a couple of hours away by train jeez. I don't plan on staying in one place, I would like to move every 5 or 6 years in my career. Since the situation calls for it I will drop my bucket list of cities to live in:

Hong Kong
London
San Francisco
Paris
Dubai
Taiwan
Sydney
Melbourne
Geneva
Zurich
Los Angeles
Tokyo

Also, I'm trying to set myself up for studying in the states for my degree preferably at a top uni there. So for me in the next two years I might end up in Cali(Stanford/USC), Boston (Harvard/MIT), New Jersey(Princeton), Chicago(Northwestern/Uchicago), Durham, North Carolina(UNC-CH/Duke) or Nashville(Vanderbilt)
Looks like you guys don't need me anymore to keep the thread running :moon:
Aur0r0r0or0ro0, why up so early?
Keen bean :pierre:

I need to start sleeping at 11 and waking up at 7 again ._.
morning guys :smile: today = last minute homework day
Reply 3351
Original post by sarahiscool
morning guys :smile: today = last minute homework day

Ugh tell me about it, science coursework final hand-in on Tuesday and I'm nowhere close to finishing it!
And I have an English essay to write...and geography past paper questions....aaaaaaaah!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm back to school on Wednesday, going to mop up all of my revision tomorrow and the day after T_T
Reply 3353
UPDATE: productivity levels have dramatically dropped since my last post, as I have now discovered Formula One is on, and I'm still in my bed being lazy!

Emma, Queen of Procrastination.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3354
Original post by Bude8
I'm back to school on Wednesday, going to mop up all of my revision tomorrow and the day after T_T

I've been back since last Monday!-.-
Literally my whole time in school has been spent trying to finish the courses off, we are not even close to finishing Geography!:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emma.b
I've been back since last Monday!-.-
Literally my whole time in school has been spent trying to finish the courses off, we are not even close to finishing Geography!:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think we've finished every course now, and we only have 2 and a half more weeks so I guess they'll be for revision etc.

What board are you for Geography? I might be able to help
You might end up having to teach yourself Geography :tongue:
Today, I finish... My physics research :colonhash:
Reply 3357
Original post by Bude8
I think we've finished every course now, and we only have 2 and a half more weeks so I guess they'll be for revision etc.

Known anything about Edexcel Geography?
Original post by zed963
Known anything about Edexcel Geography?

Nope, I do AQA
But you know who the boss is at Chemistry :wink:
Reply 3359
Original post by Bude8

I'm CCEA for Geography, I think my exam is towards the start of June!
I know, I'm dreading it. Bought myself the CCEA textbook just in case, but the case study detail is awful - going to have to do my own research!

Latest