The Student Room Group

Chemistry ISA

I got a B in my last one, not sure what mark, and I got B's in all my exams,:frown: and my plan is to retake everything, because my target is an A. I want to prioritize the ISA and aim for 100 UMS in that, because each ISA mark is kind of like a 'super-mark' in a way, as there is a bigger difference between 40 and 41 than 90 and 91 in an exam for example. Does anyone have any help or advice on how to prepare for an ISA? thanks in advance:smile:
Reply 1
I got a B in Chemistry, but my teachers won't let me resit! :frown:
But in my physics ISA I went to my teacher and he gave me all the answers, and then when I did the ISA I had the sheet next to me (cheating, yes), and got the A.
If they are nice go ask:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Sean Robinson
I got a B in my last one, not sure what mark, and I got B's in all my exams,:frown: and my plan is to retake everything, because my target is an A. I want to prioritize the ISA and aim for 100 UMS in that, because each ISA mark is kind of like a 'super-mark' in a way, as there is a bigger difference between 40 and 41 than 90 and 91 in an exam for example. Does anyone have any help or advice on how to prepare for an ISA? thanks in advance:smile:

Learning key terms such as accuracy, validity reliability and precision is very important.
By the way UMS applies for all your exams not just the ISA. It is standard that one raw mark equates to more than one UMS.
Reply 3
Original post by hanjapan
I got a B in Chemistry, but my teachers won't let me resit! :frown:
But in my physics ISA I went to my teacher and he gave me all the answers, and then when I did the ISA I had the sheet next to me (cheating, yes), and got the A.
If they are nice go ask:smile:

They are NOT nice! lol, infact, part of the reason i've came here for help is that my teacher can barely talk English, hence the reason I didn't do too well in my first try. In fact, the class average was about a D!
Reply 4
Original post by Sean Robinson
They are NOT nice! lol, infact, part of the reason i've came here for help is that my teacher can barely talk English, hence the reason I didn't do too well in my first try. In fact, the class average was about a D!

Haha well the D isn't good, but the ISA is only worth about 20% I think. If I were you I would just concentrate on the exams! :biggrin:
Reply 5
Haha well the D isn't good, but the ISA is only worth about 20% I think. If I were you I would just concentrate on the exams! :biggrin:

The ISA is worth 25% of the total. The exams tend to be easier to get High UMS in, the ISAs always let me down :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by joostan
The ISA is worth 25% of the total. The exams tend to be easier to get High UMS in, the ISAs always let me down :biggrin:

Is it 25% even for AS-level ?
Reply 7
Is it 25% even for AS-level ?

No its 20% for AS, have I misremembered, I thought this was a GCSE thread :s-smilie:
Reply 8
Original post by joostan
No its 20% for AS, have I misremembered, I thought this was a GCSE thread :s-smilie:

No it may be GSCE thread I was just wondering if it's the same for different years, sorry
Reply 9
No it may be GSCE thread I was just wondering if it's the same for different years, sorry

Oh. No. For AS it's 20% Thank God :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest