The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vionar
Oh we all hate our voices! (generally) Mine is horrendous, Fishy hates being detected as Asian, we just can't be pleased with voices. It doesn't suck, that's what your mouth is for. :sexface: But I like it, and almost any UK accent you could put in front of me, except maybe Blackpool or certain inner-city ones.

I want to hear Shadab's.

:ahee: that it is :colone:

I dislike quite a few accents in the uk...
Reply 3721
Original post by Bluffroom
I want to hear Shadab's.

:ahee: that it is :colone:

I dislike quite a few accents in the uk...

So do I, hopefully I won't make him feel bad this time!

You know it.

Meh, I like most Welsh, Irish, Scottish, 'farmer' accents, and yours, and Aurorororo's but I'm not too sure about BudeyWudey's... the whole being like a huge robot is a bit creepy. Outside the UK, I love Scandinavian and Dutch people speaking English! But that could be because half my family are Dutch.
Reply 3722
I have a tinge of cockney in my accent...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3723
Come at me. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vionar
So do I, hopefully I won't make him feel bad this time!

You know it.

Meh, I like most Welsh, Irish, Scottish, 'farmer' accents, and yours, and Aurorororo's but I'm not too sure about BudeyWudey's... the whole being like a huge robot is a bit creepy. Outside the UK, I love Scandinavian and Dutch people speaking English! But that could be because half my family are Dutch.

If I must say myself I hate farmer accents (I'm around way too many as it is and they all exaggerate it too), I hate scouse, brummy hmm and a few others. I liked Aurorororororeeeee's because it was very British (as in what we expect from British accents and not what Americans/Canadians think of our accent)

I really love scandinavian accents also! My friend who lives in Norway has an amazing accent and Tim Berg has an amazing accent if I do say so myself.
Original post by Jina
I have a tinge of cockney in my accent...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Record it then and put it on souncloud?
Okay, fine I'll record me reading a book... Although when I read my accent is different :redface:

Here goes... TKAM!

hahahahahahahahahaha what?:confused::eek:
Original post by sarahiscool
guys, im on to essay three of the day ... i deserve a medal

Go you:yeah::woo:
Original post by MattFletcher
hahahahahahahahahaha what?:confused::eek:

Go you:yeah::woo:

Seriously, I don't even know.
Seriously, I don't even know.

Seemed legit
Reply 3730
Record it then and put it on souncloud?

Loool do you hate the cockney accent? I'll do it some other time. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Loool do you hate the cockney accent? I'll do it some other time. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I never said that. I want to hear your accent!
Original post by Elm Tree
Seemed legit

haha it's funny, but so weird :confused:
Reply 3733
If I must say myself I hate farmer accents (I'm around way too many as it is and they all exaggerate it too), I hate scouse, brummy hmm and a few others. I liked Aurorororororeeeee's because it was very British (as in what we expect from British accents and not what Americans/Canadians think of our accent)

I really love scandinavian accents also! My friend who lives in Norway has an amazing accent and Tim Berg has an amazing accent if I do say so myself.

Excessive-can't-understand-it accents are awful anywhere! Scouse is ok, if it's not too strong. He does have a nice one, it is quite un-stereotypical-y British, but I'm sure I've heard it before!

I don't know what it is, they just sound really nice! I think they sound almost homely.
Original post by Vionar
Excessive-can't-understand-it accents are awful anywhere! Scouse is ok, if it's not too strong. He does have a nice one, it is quite un-stereotypical-y British, but I'm sure I've heard it before!

I don't know what it is, they just sound really nice! I think they sound almost homely.

That's what I meant - he has a proper regionless accent and it's lovely.

Yeah they do sound amazing. I could shack up with an intelligent Scandinavian male model if the situation arose :yep:
Reply 3735
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Okay, fine I'll record me reading a book... Although when I read my accent is different :redface:

Here goes... TKAM!

You're supposed to say the things Aurorororororo posted!
I really hate it! How can you like my voice it sucks :emo:

:unimpressed: the vocaroos which sound like evil villains? Yes, monotonous

I'm sorry for not using SoundCloud :colonhash:

Original post by Vionar
I didn't mean everything BudeyWudey, I like basically all accents and dialects then. :colonhash:

Don't say it then, noob. And call me that at your own peril.
Original post by sarahiscool
supermarkets,whsmith,macdonalds,clothes stores, small restaurants/cafe's or babysitting i guess , problem is is that i'm not even in the country for half of the summer ,so seeing if where my mum works will give me a job for a couple of weeks is my only option other than babysitting

Original post by Jina
Haha i applied for a job but i dont even know what/where it is! Need to go see my careers coordinator, he hasn't replied. -_-

Cool thanks guys :wink: Macdonalds :love: would love to work there. :tongue:
Original post by Bude8
I'm sorry for not using SoundCloud :colonhash:

Don't say it then, noob. And call me that at your own peril.

try your real accent :unimpressed:

I was rather upset a couple days ago when I said hi on skype and you went all angry :cry2: - I was just being sociable. :hide:
I don't know what accent I have, apart from it being southern.

Come at me...?

Latest