The Student Room Group

Grade Boundaries for the GCSE Linear Maths exam today?

My Brother got his results back today and I was wondering how many UMS/Marks was needed for a C grade!

Thanks
Reply 1
Assuming it's Edexcel, the grade boundary for a C (Foundation paper) is 147/200 raw marks and for a C (Higher paper) it's 63/200. The UMS aren't on the document for some reason, sorry :smile:

http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Documents/1303%20GCSE%20Grade%20Boundary%20composite.pdf
Reply 2
Original post by laylarose
Assuming it's Edexcel, the grade boundary for a C (Foundation paper) is 147/200 raw marks and for a C (Higher paper) it's 63/200. The UMS aren't on the document for some reason, sorry :smile:

http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Documents/1303%20GCSE%20Grade%20Boundary%20composite.pdf

Hi! Thanks for the help! On my brothers paper it says he got 34 under points and Under Grd 1 it says D. And yes it is the foundation paper and on edexcel

Any ideas?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Any ideas anyone?
Reply 4
Original post by Robbanner
Any ideas anyone?

i got my grade back as well. did absolutely no revision and got a c. i think you needed over 40 points to get a c.
Reply 6
Original post by asiansloth
i got my grade back as well. did absolutely no revision and got a c. i think you needed over 40 points to get a c.

Thanks mate, how sure are you?
Thanks mate, how sure are you?

im pretty sure it's 40 and over because everyone i know who get marks in there 30's were all d's.
Reply 8
Any ideas anyone?

If he took foundation then 147 marks out of 200
There's no such thing as UMS for a linear syllabus. UMS is only required for a modular syllabus where results from different exam sittings need to be adjusted to a common standard.

The regular results slip does not give his raw mark score, he will need to ask his teacher for it unless the school has already provided it separately. His teacher can also print out a results plus analysis of his 2 papers showing exactly which questions he got marks for and which he did not so that he gets some guidance on what topics to focus on for his resit.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
Are UMS marks the like paper marks?

Quick Reply

Latest