The Student Room Group

Sqa grade boundaries 2023

hello all,

results day in scotland is only 6 days away and i was wondering if anyone has any ideas on what the grade boundaries will be like this year. Do you think they will be more similar to 2022 or 2019?

the sqa said that theyll be sensitive to grading due to the ongoing effect of the pandemic however i’m still worried.

I hope the grade boundaries are more similar to 2022
(edited 8 months ago)
I think it will go down for certain subjects that were considerably more challenging than last years exams such as Nat 5 maths and higher maths for example. For the majority of subjects however I think grade boundaries will be roughly like the ones last year. Good luck on the 8th
Original post by SaulGoodman198
I think it will go down for certain subjects that were considerably more challenging than last years exams such as Nat 5 maths and higher maths for example. For the majority of subjects however I think grade boundaries will be roughly like the ones last year. Good luck on the 8th

great, thank you so much! hopefully they are similar to the grade boundaries in 2022.

interestingly i found maths pretty easy however physics was really difficult so i hope the boundary is lowed for physics (and french as that was bad too)
Reply 3
I am waiting on exam results too!!

I’m waiting on results for Application of Mathematics - National 5

Good luck on results day! I need a ‘B’ to get into the university I want.

I think for considerably harder subjects such as Mathematics the grade boundary will vary on how challenging the paper was.

I think it’ll roughly stay the same.
Original post by rhiifuu
I am waiting on exam results too!!

I’m waiting on results for Application of Mathematics - National 5

Good luck on results day! I need a ‘B’ to get into the university I want.

I think for considerably harder subjects such as Mathematics the grade boundary will vary on how challenging the paper was.

I think it’ll roughly stay the same.

Hi there! Thanks for the response and good luck for results day too! I hope you get the best results for Applications of Mathematics! Hopefully the grade boundaries stay the same :smile:

Irrelevant but applications of maths actually seems harder than normal maths, I looked at an applications of maths past paper and it looked pretty difficult even though I am quite good at normal maths
Reply 5
Original post by michellekumah1
Hi there! Thanks for the response and good luck for results day too! I hope you get the best results for Applications of Mathematics! Hopefully the grade boundaries stay the same :smile:

Irrelevant but applications of maths actually seems harder than normal maths, I looked at an applications of maths past paper and it looked pretty difficult even though I am quite good at normal maths

I’ve never studied the “standard” mathematics eg National 5, Higher.

But, Applications for National 5 when I had been taught seemed more suitable for me. I have heard mixed things with students saying exactly the same as yourself.

I hope you get the results you want and good luck!
Reply 6
Original post by michellekumah1
hello all,

results day in scotland is only 6 days away and i was wondering if anyone has any ideas on what the grade boundaries will be like this year. Do you think they will be more similar to 2022 or 2019?

the sqa said that theyll be sensitive to grading due to the ongoing effect of the pandemic however i’m still worried.

I hope the grade boundaries are more similar to 2022

Probably best asked and answered in the Scottish Qualifications forum rather than GCSE
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=41
Reply 7
Grade boundaries are out on sqa website

Quick Reply

Latest