The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6320
Original post by mynameishello
People I'm doing the OCR GCSE Religious Studies, and I was wondering if someone could help out with the answer structure for (d) and (e) questions

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you read like the last 20 or so posts you should find one of us does the exam .... I think bluffroom... So he maybe could help?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Haha they love us too much. Plus many people find that teaching is what they love best after all their academia and so they return to school.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Surely being a lecturer would be a better option then... no need to deal with annoying kids, and a chance at some real research/academia.

Unless of course they were unable to get such a job :colone:
Original post by MangoFreak
I can't take part in that on fundamentally ideological grounds :lol:

:colonhash:

You people :shakecane:
Reply 6323
Original post by Jina
Haha they love us too much. Plus many people find that teaching is what they love best after all their academia and so they return to school.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They could just go into academia? I have no idea why people would want to teach, but that's probably just me!

Original post by MangoFreak
I'm curious as to what you mean by "better" jobs :pierre: :tongue: I presume you mean better as judged by yourself.

Yes, judged by me, but I'm not really sure what specific jobs they would do, just not working in a school with horrible teenagers, low pay and government targets/OFSTED stuff looming over your head!
#MorningLackOfRevision
I've wanted to become a teacher :s-smilie: still might
Reply 6326
Original post by L'Evil Fish

I wouldn't want to become a teacher, definitely not after being in my school! Plus I can't explain things to save my life!

My French Teacher said at this point if he had the option he wouldn't become a teacher
Original post by Vionar
I wouldn't want to become a teacher, definitely not after being in my school! Plus I can't explain things to save my life!

Yeah, but as a teacher you could change things...

Anyway, I'd want to teach too much...

A Level:
Chemistry
French

GCSE:
Geography
Physics
Mathematics

:tongue: which I'd not be allowed... Although I'd even want maths a level but definitely wouldn't happen!

If I did a Natural Sciences degree... With: physics, chemistry, earth sciences and maths... Surely that would qualify me to teach those?

And French I could sit some of those exams...?

A Level:
Chemistry
French

GCSE:
Geography
Physics
Mathematics

:tongue: which I'd not be allowed... Although I'd even want maths a level but definitely wouldn't happen!

If I did a Natural Sciences degree... With: physics, chemistry, earth sciences and maths... Surely that would qualify me to teach those?

I think the rule about teaching is that you need to have done the qualification equivalent or above what you are teaching.
Eg, with your A level in Maths, you could teach A level and below
I think that's how it works.
Reply 6330

A Level:
Chemistry
French

GCSE:
Geography
Physics
Mathematics

You can't really change the students!

I doubt you'd have enough time to teach all those subjects, let alone do all the other work teachers have to do! On the off chance I would become a teacher, I definitely wouldn't want to teach below GCSE, and probably not GCSE. I guess it would be possible for you to be qualified to teach the subjects, whether you'll physically be able to is another matter!
THANK GOD ITS FRIDAY!:yeah::woo:
-History
-Maths
-English
-Physics
-Biology

:work:
Reply 6332
Original post by MattFletcher
THANK GOD ITS FRIDAY!:yeah::woo:
-History
-Maths
-English
-Physics
-Biology

:work:

That looks like a **** day for you.

Double Chem
Double English *cries*
Maths - free period
History

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina

Double Chem
Double English *cries*
Maths - free period
History

Posted from TSR Mobile

History and Maths are good, English isn't that bad, Biology at the end might kill though :frown:
Reply 6334
History
RS
Lifeskills
Physics
PE

:colonhash:
Original post by Jina

Double Chem
Double English *cries*
Maths - free period
History

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow. Double English:frown:

English
Science
Business- Free
Maths
ICT- Free

Other than English, I got a pretty good day:smile:
Maths
Spanish

Latin
English

Chemistry
History

Cricket

LoL
LoL
LoL
LoL

as if you guys have free periods :colonhash:
IBers have like 2-3 free periods per week versus A levelers who have like 7-8 :frown:
Reply 6337
Original post by Bude8
Maths
Spanish

Latin
English

Chemistry
History

Cricket

LoL
LoL
LoL
LoL

as if you guys have free periods :colonhash:
IBers have like 2-3 free periods per week versus A levelers who have like 7-8 :frown:

We do! They put us in a room with a supply teacher and while I distract the guy to talk to me ... The rest play bus stop and dares.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6338
Original post by MattFletcher
History and Maths are good, English isn't that bad, Biology at the end might kill though :frown:

I live for my Biology lessons.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Physics
Chemistry
Free period x2
ICT
Maths

Using the TSR app ~ Smile, you are amazing!

Latest