AQA CHEM5 A2 Chemistry - 19th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Original post by laurawoods
there was no rounding involved !

Ok, I'll try the calculation later
there was no rounding involved !

you get the answer when delta g = 0 as t = 462.7, thus at 463 it will not be feasible, hence it is only feasible when t is less than or equal to 462.7 not 463, so they used 462 as a whole number.
Original post by Extricated
you get the answer when delta g = 0 as t = 462.7, thus at 463 it will not be feasible, hence it is only feasible when t is less than or equal to 462.7 not 463, so they used 462 as a whole number.

Ah! what an idiot I am ! and u are a true genius! thank u !
Original post by erniiee

that is OK ! another person on here tried it and I understand now! :smile:
Reply 364
Could someone tell me what the Isa is out of? The total marks? The total marks for the paper? The total marks for the practical ? The total Psa marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by erniiee

Hello,
You know when we are using colorimeter and we make samples of known concentrations, why do we add the ligand (in the mark schemes they say 'to intensify the colour'. But I don;t totally understand this! :smile: THANKS !
Original post by Extricated

Hello, do we use a Pt electrode when things in the cell are in aqueous or gas state?
Original post by ryanj18
Could someone tell me what the Isa is out of? The total marks? The total marks for the paper? The total marks for the practical ? The total Psa marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Total=50 raw marks = 60 UMS
ISA practical=8 raw marks
ISA written exam=30 raw marks
PSA=12 raw marks
This is my last exam.
When I put my pen down at 10.45am on 19th of June, I KNOW it will be the best feeling in the world
Original post by geoffster
anyone here done the transition metal isa, im doing it this week.

Hello, I am doing it this week too! When are you doing the written paper?
Reply 370
that is OK ! another person on here tried it and I understand now! :smile:

Hello,
You know when we are using colorimeter and we make samples of known concentrations, why do we add the ligand (in the mark schemes they say 'to intensify the colour'. But I don;t totally understand this! :smile: THANKS !

Ok.

Some ligands have a more intense colour so are used to replace the normal ligand e.g. water, so the colour change is more quantitatively identifiable.
Original post by brittanna
Total=50 raw marks = 60 UMS
ISA practical=8 raw marks
ISA written exam=30 raw marks
PSA=12 raw marks

Hello, pls can you help me with understanding where I went wrong in this question :

Ammonium iron (II) sulphate crystals have the following formula:
(NH4)2SO4.FeSO4.nH2O. In an experiment to determine n, 8.492g of the salt were dissolved and made up to 250 cm3 of solution with distilled water and dilute sulphuric acid. A 25 cm3 portion of the solution was further acidified and titrated against potassium manganate (VII) solution of concentration 0.0150 moldm-3. A volume of 22.5 cm3 was required. Determine n.

This was my working out:

Moles of MnO4- ions= 0.0003375 moles
Moles of Fe2+ = Ans*5= 0.0016875 moles
Moles in 250 cm3 = 0.016875 moles
Moles = Mass / Mr so (8.492/0.016875)= 503.2..
Then, work out the Mr of the thing from the question and I get 302. Substract 302 from the Mr --> 201.2
The divide this by 18.
I got 11 as the nearest whole number.

But mark scheme is saying 12. What did i do wrong? thanks for all the help in advance! :smile:
Original post by erniiee
Ok.

Some ligands have a more intense colour so are used to replace the normal ligand e.g. water, so the colour change is more quantitatively identifiable.

thank you! :smile: pls can you have a look at the calculation (titration) question I posted below too? thanks! Brittanna seems to be offline now, i think!
Original post by Rumschpringe
This is my last exam.
When I put my pen down at 10.45am on 19th of June, I KNOW it will be the best feeling in the world

Hello, pls can you help me with understanding where I went wrong in this question :

(NH4)2SO4.FeSO4.nH2O. In an experiment to determine n, 8.492g of the salt were dissolved and made up to 250 cm3 of solution with distilled water and dilute sulphuric acid. A 25 cm3 portion of the solution was further acidified and titrated against potassium manganate (VII) solution of concentration 0.0150 moldm-3. A volume of 22.5 cm3 was required. Determine n.

This was my working out:

Then, work out the Mr of the thing from the question and I get 302. Substract 302 from the Mr --> 201.2
The divide this by 18.

But mark scheme is saying 12. What did i do wrong? thanks for all the help in advance!
Reply 374
Could someone explain how to draw an electrochemical cell diagram for this reaction 2H2(g) + O2(g) ---> 2H2O(l) thanks!
Reply 375

This was my working out:

The divide this by 18.

But mark scheme is saying 12. What did i do wrong? thanks for all the help in advance!

This was a pretty simple mistake, but a really common one. Basically you've tripped up on the easy bit of getting the Mr of the crystal wrong, its 284.1 and this taken away from 503.23 = 219
219/18 = 12 :smile:
Original post by Dalts
This was a pretty simple mistake, but a really common one. Basically you've tripped up on the easy bit of getting the Mr of the crystal wrong, its 284.1 and this taken away from 503.23 = 219

Hello, how come the Mr of the crystal is wrong, what have i done wrong?
Original post by Dalts

oh cool cool ....i get it know! I was just being incredibly stupid! :smile:
Original post by Dalts

Please can u go through this question also with me ...I am struggling?
25.0 cm3 of a 0.1 moldm-3 solution of KNO2 is completely oxidized by 50.0 cm3 of 0.0200 moldm-3 potassium manganate (VII) solution. To what oxidation number was the N oxidized?
Reply 379
anyone done the empa yet? i mean task3, im so scared for it, any hints/tips would be great!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending