The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

City University postgraduate applications

Has anyone received any offers yet for City? If so, how long roughly did they take to get back to you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have an offer for their MSc Economic Regulation and Competition. Applied early November and got the offer late November.
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by alishaikha
I have an offer for their MSc Economic Regulation and Competition. Applied early November and got the offer late November.

Congrats! How did they notify you of the offer? By email..?
Reply 3
Original post by eloise1
Congrats! How did they notify you of the offer? By email..?

Thanks! :smile: But unfortunately I won't be taking up the offer.

Yeah, they emailed me the offer letter diectly. If I remember correctly they don't have a tracker.

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 4
Do you know if its flexible gaining an LLM in Energy Litigation as i'm international but only that my transcript isnt quite good and am completing my degree in june. someone got any clue?
Reply 5
I would say apply and see what happens. They gave me the offer even without my recommendations. I was surprised.
Reply 6
It will depend on the School and its applications policy - e.g. Informatics (my school) trys to turn around things within days. If you contact the relevant postgraduate team, they will be able to tell you what their norm is.

George (Admissions tutor, School of Informatics)
Reply 7
Hey guys,

i want to apply at cass b-school for for the MSc energy, trade & finance course. i'm also interested in durhams MSc internatinal banking & finance. My goal is to break into IB, preferably the big names. Which university would you recommend for careers prospects in this field?

thanks
Anyone applied for city journalism courses and had interviews or offers yet?
Reply 9
I have an offer for Cass MSc Investment Management. I applied on Monday, they confirmed that they have received all documents on wednesday and I received the offer this morning.
Reply 10
Original post by seekinggraduates

I think it depends on what course you want to do. I was told when I called up that they have different closing dates for application.
Reply 11
Original post by seekinggraduates

I've been asked to come along for an interview on April 9th, for the Broadcast Journalism MA. Any word for you yet?
I have an offer for Magazine Journalism. I had my interview on Thursday and got an email on Friday. I'm currently looking at halls, does anyone know if there are halls specifically for postgrads? The City site has a section for them but none are actually exclusively for pgs.
Reply 13
I also have an offer for Magazine Journalism. I had my interview on the Tuesday and got an email by Wednesday. I have applied to Alliance House, as all the other postgrad accommodations seem to be studios which are a little more expensive!
I've just accepted my place in one of the en suite rooms in Alliance House. I went and visited Stoke Newington last weekend, didn't get a proper look around the accommodation but the area was a lot nicer than I was expecting. Which type of room did you go for?
Reply 15
I have an offer for MSc Energy, Trade and Finance. Anyone else?
Reply 16
Original post by ArtAnna
I have an offer for MSc Energy, Trade and Finance. Anyone else?

I've accepted mine. Seeing you in September?
Reply 17
Original post by Samuel107
I've accepted mine. Seeing you in September?

Great! I wasn't actually expecting anyone to answer so quick!
Most probably yes, but I didn't accept the offer yet... Out of curiosity, did you have other options? Why did you choose this program?
Reply 18
Original post by ArtAnna
Great! I wasn't actually expecting anyone to answer so quick!
Most probably yes, but I didn't accept the offer yet... Out of curiosity, did you have other options? Why did you choose this program?

Wanted a programme in a top London school that marries Energy and Finance. It was between Imperial's Metals and Energy Finance and Cass. Decided to only re-apply to Cass (had my offer withdrawn in 2012).

What's you background? You seem to be considering some alternatives.
Reply 19
Original post by Samuel107
Wanted a programme in a top London school that marries Energy and Finance. It was between Imperial's Metals and Energy Finance and Cass. Decided to only re-apply to Cass (had my offer withdrawn in 2012).

What's you background? You seem to be considering some alternatives.

I have a Bachelor degree in Management. I was considering few other top London business schools, but since they don't have specific program with a focus in Energy, I was applying to MSc in Management. I have applied to LBS, LSE and few other schools in other countries. And now I have to make a tough decision whether to go for a more specific program or not. I have to decide before 16th of May, so I will let you know! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending