The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
What did everybody get for the equation of the normal?
U know for the 9th question of tanx=-1 my teacher said do the inverse of the positive value only so i did and got 45degrees so i got 180 - 45 and 360 + 45, X = 135, 405 Anyone else remember this and then for the very last one i got summit like 14degrees and cant remember the other 2 values U had to factorise i got summit like (3cos(theta)-2) (2cos(theta)+3) Anyone else confirm or better ?
Reply 102
Original post by Lauraloo1

I think i got y-11=(-4/9)(x-4)
Original post by Equality4all
For Q1, p was -3, k = 10, D = (-7, -4).
For the surds question, x = 1.5 and for part b the answer they were looking for was 8 - (15)^0.5.
The complete the square question was 2(x+1.5)^2 + 0.5 and the length of AB was 0.5(10)^0.5.
Dividing the polynomial by x+3 gave x^2 - 3x + 5.
The integral was 31.5 or 63/2 and the area of the shaded region was 27.
The point furthest away from the x-axis was (5, -14) and the translation was by vector (6, -7).
The last question was 20/7 ( < or =) k (< or =) 4.

on the transformation question, wasn't the x value the same and it was only the y that changed postion. i put a translation (0,-7)

X=4 Y=20 normal -4/9 So Y-20=-4/9(x-4)
Reply 105
What did people get for the C1 question with P and Q what were your co ordinates for Q?
Original post by Science211
You only had to find the value of k not solve the inequality.

The answer was k = (-20)/7 and k= 4

there wasnt a negative answer for me
Reply 107
Original post by The H
I think i got y-11=(-4/9)(x-4)

Yep i got this too, i just put it in the other form.
Original post by nholliday95
Also, for question 5)b)ii), it asked you to use the coordinates that we got from part a)ii) (-3,-13) or something I think,
and find a minimum value putting it into 1/2√n

any done that one? And did you get 1/2√100?

i got 1/2(170)^.5
Reply 109
Original post by nholliday95
Nah I thought that too until I did a past paper this morning before the exam and it came up, yet I still used the area of a triangle like on this paper annoyingly

I did this as well but I'm fairly sure it's right - which is why they asked you to work out a point (P or K if I recall correctly) which came out to be 33 in the previous question. You could then use that and minus the area under the curve to find the shaded area which came out to be a whole number - 18 if I remember correctly.
Original post by Alaafia
What did people get for the C1 question with P and Q what were your co ordinates for Q?

Q (2,33)
Reply 111
Original post by Equality4all
For Q1, p was -3, k = 10, D = (-7, -4).
For the surds question, x = 1.5 and for part b the answer they were looking for was 8 - (15)^0.5.
The complete the square question was 2(x+1.5)^2 + 0.5 and the length of AB was 0.5(10)^0.5.
Dividing the polynomial by x+3 gave x^2 - 3x + 5.
The integral was 31.5 or 63/2 and the area of the shaded region was 27.
The point furthest away from the x-axis was (5, -14) and the translation was by vector (6, -7).
The last question was 20/7 ( < or =) k (< or =) 4.

for my translation, i don't remember what i put... either (-6,7) or (6,-7). i think i'd lose 1 mark there if i got that wrong. thinking of it now, i think i actually did put (6,-7) can only hope for the best now.
Reply 112
I found the paper OK. I just got stuck on the logarithm and the very last question of the paper :/
Original post by PatrickM
Fairly sure that trapezium's aren't covered for Core 1. Pretty sure that they're introduced at Core 2.

actually i did trapezium shape in GCSEs
Original post by Alifff
i got 1/2(170)^.5

You might be right I don't think I am, but I was on for ages and couldn't figure out any other answer... can you remember how you did it?
Reply 115
Yep i got this too, i just put it in the other form.

Sweet :smile:
I just left it like that because the mark scheme agrees with it
Reply 116
For C2, can someone say how did they do the integral question?
Original post by The H
Sweet :smile:
I just left it like that because the mark scheme agrees with it

is that in c1? which question is it?
totally bombed in core 1, god help me for core 3 and 4! :frown:
Hey guys this is about the c1 exam, can anyone explain the answer to the complete the square one where there was a coefficient in front of the x? Like the question at the end where it said out it in the format 1/2root m (which is an integer)??? Or at least say what they got? Cheers

Latest

Trending

Trending