The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by The H
Sweet :smile:
I just left it like that because the mark scheme agrees with it

Cool :P, what angles did you get for tan=-1?
Reply 121
Original post by Alifff
is that in c1? which question is it?

No it was core 2
Original post by nholliday95
You might be right I don't think I am, but I was on for ages and couldn't figure out any other answer... can you remember how you did it?

it was a confusing method so i think i got it wrong but anyhow i got (85/2)^0.5 so i made it (170/4)^0.5 and took the quarter out to a half haha
Original post by The H
No it was core 2

pheww haha i got scared for a moment :smile:
Reply 124
How many marks was the u3 question worth???
Original post by nimbusquaffle
on the transformation question, wasn't the x value the same and it was only the y that changed postion. i put a translation (0,-7)

Think about it this way. From (x+1)^2 +y^2 = 49 to (x-5)^2 + (y+7)^2 = 49, the co-ordinates of the centre of the circle move from (-1, 0) to (5, -7). This implies a shift to the right of 6 units in x and 7 down in y. This is represented by the vector [6, -7]. Hope this helps.
Reply 126
and there is a question to ask u find that angle in radians, u just make your calculator into ike radian mode and do sin rule dont u
Reply 127
Original post by ash9002
How many marks was the u3 question worth???

I think it was 2
Reply 128
Original post by wanjianyi
and there is a question to ask u find that angle in radians, u just make your calculator into ike radian mode and do sin rule dont u

Yep, and because it was an obtuse angle, you had to take the original answer away from 180 degrees. I think i got 1.7 or something like that :smile:
Reply 129
Original post by Lauraloo1
I think it was 2

Will just drop one mark for putting in 3/2 instead of 2/3 then? Got 116 instead of 56 as a result of that :/
Original post by $oulja
for my translation, i don't remember what i put... either (-6,7) or (6,-7). i think i'd lose 1 mark there if i got that wrong. thinking of it now, i think i actually did put (6,-7) can only hope for the best now.

By merely stating translation you will get a mark, unless if they specified it was a translation in the question, which I don't think thy did. Hope you get the grade you want man.
Original post by Equality4all
Think about it this way. From (x+1)^2 +y^2 = 49 to (x-5)^2 + (y+7)^2 = 49, the co-ordinates of the centre of the circle move from (-1, 0) to (5, -7). This implies a shift to the right of 6 units in x and 7 down in y. This is represented by the vector [6, -7]. Hope this helps.

i think you are right as i might have read the question wrong so did the translation backwards and got (-6, 7)
Reply 132
Original post by ash9002
Will just drop one mark for putting in 3/2 instead of 2/3 then? Got 116 instead of 56 as a result of that :/

aww that sucks :frown: hopefully they'll give you a mark for method :wink:
Original post by ash9002

How did you show that p was 3/2
U know for the 9th question of tanx=-1 my teacher said do the inverse of the positive value only so i did and got 45degrees so i got 180 - 45 and 360 + 45, X = 135, 405 Anyone else remember this and then for the very last one i got summit like 14degrees and cant remember the other 2 values U had to factorise i got summit like (3cos(theta)-2) (2cos(theta)+3) Anyone else confirm or better ?
Reply 135
In core 2, what was the answer for the transformation question with (2,-0.9) I forgot the numbers :/
Reply 136
Hi does anyone remember the 'K' question i remember getting 2^3 at the end but i can't remember the exact Q.. anyone else get 3? :s-smilie:
Can someone please do a mark scheme with questions please
Original post by Alifff
i think you are right as i might have read the question wrong so did the translation backwards and got (-6, 7)

Unless I misread the question aha :P I had 50 minutes or so to check my work and the wording of the questions, so I do hope I haven't messed that one up. How do you think you did overall?
Reply 139
Original post by Sweatynerd
Hey guys this is about the c1 exam, can anyone explain the answer to the complete the square one where there was a coefficient in front of the x? Like the question at the end where it said out it in the format 1/2root m (which is an integer)??? Or at least say what they got? Cheers

you had 2x^2+6x+5=0. 2(x^2+3x)+5=0
so complete the square for X^2+3x gives you (x+3)^2-9
so final is: 2(X+3)^2-4=0 as -9+5=-4.

should of gotten 1/2root5.

Latest

Trending

Trending