The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL MAY 2013 M1 PAPER - End of Humanity

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Georgiina_Tee
Lol I did that question like 4 times im like wait will come to me I ended up with like 3 unknowns...
And I dont think you were suppose to model i the babies as two separate particles it said when he moves or something IDK..

Kudos to that, I got M, X, 10 - X, and ****ing Y

**** this **** man, on the paper I drew a particle on fire with edexcel's name on it.

GG edexcel.
Reply 21
Conditional moments had never came up before that is why it was a surprise, it was also quite hard to grab two equations to find the mass and distance x meters, I thought it was a fair question though, you just had to read between the lines and do some experimenting
Reply 22
Original post by Robbie242
Conditional moments had never came up before that is why it was a surprise, it was also quite hard to grab two equations to find the mass and distance x meters, I thought it was a fair question though, you just had to read between the lines and do some experimenting

I suppose the problem I had was that A. It was 14 marks and B. It knocked out my confidence for the other questions which weren't all that bad -sigh-
Looks like M1 retake...
Reply 23
Why haven't I see this thread before !! Finally some people i can sympathise with !!! I did all the past papers and alot of revision and then to be treated with this paper from hell !! I think ive thrown my A level in maths down the drain !!!! Completely ****ED it !!
Reply 24
Original post by v.007
Why haven't I see this thread before !! Finally some people i can sympathise with !!! I did all the past papers and alot of revision and then to be treated with this paper from hell !! I think ive thrown my A level in maths down the drain !!!! Completely ****ED it !!

THANK YOU!
What's wrong with people these days, some actually say the paper was a breeze. **** it.

GG Maths A level hahaha, ohwell maybe S1 next year? I HOPE X)
Original post by Lord Frieza
THANK YOU!
What's wrong with people these days, some actually say the paper was a breeze. **** it.

GG Maths A level hahaha, ohwell maybe S1 next year? I HOPE X)

A BREEEZE?!?! A BREEEEZZEEEE?!?!?

The only thing that was breezy was the stupid wind flying through the bloody window that they left open in the freezing exam hall.:mad::wink:
Reply 26
Original post by Heypopsicle
A BREEEZE?!?! A BREEEEZZEEEE?!?!?

The only thing that was breezy was the stupid wind flying through the bloody window that they left open in the freezing exam hall.:mad::wink:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL hahahaha!!

That was funny...

But why the **** do they always leave the door open, and I'm ALWAYS the one to sit at the damn door ¬¬
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL hahahaha!!

That was funny...

But why the **** do they always leave the door open, and I'm ALWAYS the one to sit at the damn door ¬¬

Exactly. The lucky bugger that got sat next to the radiator was probably nice and toasty during the M1 paper (i.e. hell)
Reply 28
Hey guys i am from Malaysia and the M1 paper was really hard. Did S1 today and it was literally nothing like my mocks or other past years. What is going on with Edexcel?! Why are they torturing us -__-
Original post by BenAdamson
Yep, I've been getting over 95% in timed past papers/mocks and then this exam comes along and it feels like it's completely misrepresented how well I should've done in the exam.

It makes me really angry, feels like all of the revision was wasted because all of the questions seemed to have a 'twist' to the normal style. Maybe somebody else wrote this paper, as I usually recognise the different scenarios in the questions that are common to all the papers. With this one, I didn't recognise how to work towards the solutions.

Hopefully the grade boundaries will go down, I've spoken to about 10 other people and they've all said the same thing!

Thats what i thought too, this paper required much more thinking compared to past m1 papers, i left out 27 marks, hoping to now get at least 40-45, c?
Reply 30
Original post by shahedkhan11
Thats what i thought too, this paper required much more thinking compared to past m1 papers, i left out 27 marks, hoping to now get at least 40-45, c?

Don't worry! It's over now. Just hope boundaries favour us this year!
Original post by v.007
Don't worry! It's over now. Just hope boundaries favour us this year!

yeah thanks, hopefully i get atleast 80-90 ums in c1 and c2
Reply 32
How right you are guys D:
Reply 33
How right you are guys D:

Tbh compared to S1 I'm expecting a lower boundary than usual, about 75% of TSR found the exam hard, perhaps if were lucky 56/75 for an A?
Reply 34
To be honest I'm sure the boundaries aren't going to fluctuate much . But I'm sure if we do well in the core modules we can even out the mess we made with m1
Reply 35
I found the paper fairly okay. I didn't find it as such hard and I hope I didn't lose more than 2,3 marks in this paper.
Reply 36
Original post by Robbie242
Tbh compared to S1 I'm expecting a lower boundary than usual, about 75% of TSR found the exam hard, perhaps if were lucky 56/75 for an A?

A lot of people around my area are expecting those deadly drop grade boundaries ie 49/75 which in terms of the hardwork put in is fair. But you're right, it seems there were quite a few people ready for these conditional moments. I honestly won't be surprised with D/C, I just hope the exam next year fixes up. It's evident these M1 exams are getting progressively harder.

Ohwell the past is the past x) I'm glad you felt you done alright, I hope you get top UMS man you deserve it!
moments question ****s me off the most, seeing as i can see by the diagrams i did it right. how the **** did i get 20.8 kg for the rod then! ****ty little mistakes piss me off!and you dont get follow through marks in m1 (or hardly ever) so its goodbye to a load of marks! out of 4 exams all on last monday, mechanics had to be last didnt it!
Reply 38
Original post by laurence231
moments question ****s me off the most, seeing as i can see by the diagrams i did it right. how the **** did i get 20.8 kg for the rod then! ****ty little mistakes piss me off!and you dont get follow through marks in m1 (or hardly ever) so its goodbye to a load of marks! out of 4 exams all on last monday, mechanics had to be last didnt it!

You won't get the A1 marks if there isn't follow through but you will get the M1 marks if it was done correctly, you'll only loose total about 6 Marks if you calculated wrong mass and used it throughout.
November 2003 question 6 was very similar to the moments question this time.

Force on the pulley we've had several times.

What else didn't you like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending