Survey shows most and least racist countries

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
UK, deep blue.

I like.
Reply 41
''Hi I'm doing a survey and would just like to know how racist you are''

''Holy s*** a talking swede!!!!''

I do not think this survey is accurate, there is racism and discrimination (both impossible to quantify).

Do I believe that some there are attributes of a person that are solely due to their race: yes.
Do I hate or discriminate a person due to their race: No.

There is a reason that the best sprinters in the world are black, and the best swimmers are white.

We are all a little racist,
It is the haters and discriminators that are holding the world back.

Peace, Love and Unity

JaLeRo
Reply 42
I once spoke to a French man and he couldn't wait to escape Paris for London in terms of the difference in attitudes, he then told me why cos he's gay, jewish and of Algerian descent. He said London is so much more tolerant than Paris.
Reply 43
Original post by tehFrance
Russia is a complete lie, go outside the big cities and the natives will most likely never have seen someone that is not of the same race (aside from the troubled regions). Norway to an extent surprised me, I guess all the racists are in the UK currently :lol: France doesn't surprise me although I thought it would have been higher.

Protip: You don't need to interact with members of another race to become a racist, the thing can just be instilled by your parents or whoever you look up to. Plus immigrants from Central Asia are spreading across the country and their presence becomes more noticeable each year and those from the Caucasus are notorious for their inability to integrate into a more or less progressive society.

Closet racism is a given in Russia and it is en route to become more openly expressed.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 44
I'm surprised at India

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bertie Wooster
Er, all the Arab countries need to be BLOOD RED for this survey to be the least bit accurate.

So says the person that says

Original post by Bertie Wooster
5. Foreigners who call themselves British simply because they have the British passport are unbearable.

Hypocrite!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2353422&page=2&p=42649171&highlight=#post4264917

I guess I'd count as a "foreigner" would I?
Reply 46
Original post by de_monies
Quoting you in for "Kiss" to see. Besides, Pakistanis I find, have a more favourable view of Britain than the USA

Thought I'd quote you in. Also, I do know one South African and whilst he's only the one, he's had no issues with race. The apartheid government of the past is not the one we have today, and governments don't always represent the people either

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22554709
Original post by Fusion
I once spoke to a French man and he couldn't wait to escape Paris for London in terms of the difference in attitudes, he then told me why cos he's gay, jewish and of Algerian descent. He said London is so much more tolerant than Paris.

Gay is fine, Jew is fine... Algerian isn't so fine, don't make France out to be full of anti-Jew and anti-Gay people. Arabs will always have an issue in France just like the Pakistanis are to the UK.
Tell me how does being racially tolerant mean that you are being suicidal? I'm surprised (but glad) that Pakistan is pretty damn tolerant of other races - not as much as the UK, but pretty good going at 6.5%

I wonder how the majority of Pakistanis would react if there was mass migration of white British Christians to their country, demanding Christian courts and thousands of churches being built.
Original post by Ray Barone
I wonder how the majority of Pakistanis would react if there was mass migration of white British Christians to their country, demanding Christian courts and thousands of churches being built.

Pakistan does have a lot of migration. It's home to the most refugees in the world, but of course you completely overlook that. Churches are built in Pakistan, and Pakistan isn't *really* run on any religious law.It has aspects of Islamic law, just as our law has aspects of Christian law, but in reality, a lot of Pakistani law descends from British law; the parliament is like ours as well.

And do remember that we did own Pakistan a few decades ago, so yes there would have been a fair few British Christians coming over,and tbqh the British did FORCE a lot of things to happen.

In modern day Britain, nothing has been forced, and we don't have any Islamic courts outside of marriage courts (Like the Beth Din courts), and as a democracy, we allow freedom of religion which allows mosques to be built

Though please keep spouting your ignorance.
Gay is fine, Jew is fine... Algerian isn't so fine, don't make France out to be full of anti-Jew and anti-Gay people. Arabs will always have an issue in France just like the Pakistanis are to the UK.

Tell me what is wrong with Algerian people, especially as they did help you guys in WW2 and according to Wikipedia, 78% of the population have a favourable view towards Pakistanis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Pakistanis#General
Tell me what is wrong with Algerian people, especially as they did help you guys in WW2 and according to Wikipedia, 78% of the population have a favourable view towards Pakistanis

Help? as a colony they were drafted in to fight for us, they have no choice. It isn't just Algerian, it is all Arabs in general. Oh yes Wikipedia as a source, whoop de doo :rolleyes:
Reply 52

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Pakistanis#General

hang on a sec, that 78% figure On wiki is just from a poll on tsr last year.
Help? as a colony they were drafted in to fight for us, they have no choice. It isn't just Algerian, it is all Arabs in general. Oh yes Wikipedia as a source, whoop de doo :rolleyes:

They also refused to hand over their Jews to Germany when they didn't need to. Also, Pakistan's army was entirely a volunteer force, so there was no drafting there. They made up about a third of the volunteer force, and to date, it is still the largest volunteer army in the world

TSR as a source:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1989591
They also refused to hand over their Jews to Germany when they didn't need to. Also, Pakistan's army was entirely a volunteer force, so there was no drafting there. They made up about a third of the volunteer force, and to date, it is still the largest volunteer army in the world

Don't mix up what I said about Algeria as me saying the same about Pakistan, I don't care for either country but I most certainly don't care for Pakistan or the people of Pakistan, I most certainly don't care about Pakistani military during WWII.

I will say that you need to learn to read before replying.

Also using TSR as a source is just as bad as using Wikipedia.
Original post by Joinedup
hang on a sec, that 78% figure On wiki is just from a poll on tsr last year.

So it is as well, but at least by you noticing that, tehfrance might be more willing to accept that source, rather than a Wikipedia source
Don't mix up what I said about Algeria as me saying the same about Pakistan, I don't care for either country but I most certainly don't care for Pakistan or the people of Pakistan, I most certainly don't care about Pakistani military during WWII.

I will say that you need to learn to read before replying.

You said you have a problem with Algerians, just as the UK has a problem with Pakistanis.

I mentioned WW2. You said Algeria was drafted in. They also were told to hand over their Jews to Germany. They didn't, despite Germany basically controlling France at the same time, and therefore having control over it's colonies. I made the argument that Pakistan over here wasn't drafted in, and was entirely a volunteer force

Well, I guess you don't care about the French military in WW2 then as well? Especially as Britain's leading generals said that the war might not have been won without the Indian army?

And the fact that we had to rescue you? Yes I went there

Also, tell me what's wrong with TSR as a source? There was a poll. People responded. It has quite a large student population, so if you want to be pedantic,then 78% of students have a favourable view

And with the washingtonpost source at the top, the UK is largely non racist any way (Less than 5%)
(edited 10 years ago)
You said you have a problem with Algerians, just as the UK has a problem with Pakistanis.

I mentioned WW2. You said Algeria was drafted in. They also were told to hand over their Jews to Germany. They didn't, despite Germany basically controlling France at the same time, and therefore having control over it's colonies. I made the argument that Pakistan over here wasn't drafted in, and was entirely a volunteer source

Well, I guess you don't care about the French military in WW2 then as well? Especially as Britain's leading generals said that the war might not have been won without the Indian army?

And the fact that we had to rescue you? Yes I went there

If you could comprehend what I wrote you'd understand that what I wrote about Pakistan has nothing to do with military during WWII, why do you find it so hard to comprehend? :s-smilie:

Germany had no control of the colonies, what a stupid statement, one that shows a clear lack of knowledge in regards to WWII.

I care about the French military, of course I do, I don't care about another countries such as Pakistan or now it appears India.

You never rescued France, sure your colonized ancestors might have fought on my soil but you never rescued us, likewise the British didn't rescue us, we (the French) did at the end of the day expel the Nazis from France, the resistance did more work in France than any other allied country, without the resistance, Europe would not be free.

France may have lost the original battle but we sure as hell won the war.
If you could comprehend what I wrote you'd understand that what I wrote about Pakistan has nothing to do with military during WWII, why do you find it so hard to comprehend? :s-smilie:

Germany had no control of the colonies, what a stupid statement, one that shows a clear lack of knowledge in regards to WWII.

I care about the French military, of course I do, I don't care about another countries such as Pakistan or now it appears India.

You never rescued France, sure your colonized ancestors might have fought on my soil but you never rescued us, likewise the British didn't rescue us, we (the French) did at the end of the day expel the Nazis from France, the resistance did more work in France than any other allied country, without the resistance, Europe would not be free.

France may have lost the original battle but we sure as hell won the war.

No, but I made it about military after I mentioned that Algeria helped you guys. You mentioned that Algeria was drafted in. Initially you made the link between "French people dislike Algeria, just as British people dislike Pakistanis" so I kept on the general line, considering that you linked the two together

I then mentioned that the Pakistan army was a volunteer force

I also didn't say that Germany controlled your colonies. I implied that they'd have more influence than the French considering that now France was colonised by Germany

Right OK. Then do you care about the UK army then?

I was referring to "we" as Britain, not Pakistan. If France and only France got rid of the Nazis, is that why you required help from the allies?

http://www.historynet.com/world-war-ii-the-liberation-of-paris.htm

Is that why top British generals said that the war would not be won without the help of the Indian army? If any thing, you can thank the Indian army who was there from day one, helping the allies

France enlisted the help of the allies, quite a bit later

The liberation wasn't even that important either apparently :biggrin:
[video="youtube;MQ7nXdWVtRo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ7nXdWVtRo[/video]
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending