The Student Room Group

surveyor life

I am going to uni this year to study business management, but I have stumbled across surveying (particularly residential property or rural surveying). It sounds like a good career path for me after a RICS accredited masters. Even though, is it possible to go straight from business management to a trainee surveying position?

However, I'm struggling to picture daily life as a surveyor. Like what do you actually do daily? Is it primarily in an office, doing what in particular? How often are site visits? Is it monotonous or different every day?

Also, I would love to move abroad or travel frequently in my job. I see that surveying is advertised as being a job in which you can travel and also a much-needed job globally, so is easier to transfer from country to country. I'm just wondering in what sense is it global? Like how often are properties international despite your company being based in the UK (if that makes sense)? Is it common in the profession to travel often, or is it more occasional? And is it long amounts of time in the country, or shorter more-frequent visits?

Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending