The Student Room Group

AQA AS Unit 1 French exam 21st May 2013

Scroll to see replies

I did the tv question , our class spent a lot of tome on media so everyone chose this or cinema however the holidays one seemed simple to answer.
Never heard close test but I assume that's the grammar section, which was I think quite nasty with subjunctive and present participle for grandir (anyone else manage grandissant? Lucky guess paid off here). The reading was good as was the listening even if that Senegalese director was crazy.
Reply 81
The si clause was an imperfect + conditional wasn't it? So it would of been 'eviterait'?
Reply 82
Original post by amy.2209
Yeah I thought that one was quite tricky. I was confident with 'femmes' for the sentence about pregnancy but other than that I'm not 100% sure. I didn't use 'apparaitre' or 'disapparaitre' I chose 'moitie' for the sentence about smokers and 'maladie' for the sentence at the bottom of the first page, allergique for the one about a severe reaction, 'vertus' for the first sentence and I can't really remember the others off the top of my head! How about you?

Yeah I was confident with femmes and maladies too! I can't remember much else but I didn't use, probleme, disapparaitre, vertus (what does that mean?!) or temps. :smile:
It look me ages to work out in the listening about the film that she was talking about AIDs!
Reply 83
What did everyone put the first listening question? About drinking? Why young drink a lot, then the other consequences of excessive drinking?
Reply 84
And for the grammar section?
Reply 85
Original post by sh7171
What did everyone put the first listening question? About drinking? Why young drink a lot, then the other consequences of excessive drinking?

For the first one:

Tensions with their parents

Failure at school

Sorry I can't remember

The shocking story was:

Young girl died

She was only 12

She drank an enormous amount of alcohol (or something like that?)

For the consequences:

Unprotected Sex

Violent fights

Car aacidents

Addictions

Reply 86
Original post by sh7171

Why young people drink:

Feeling alone

Tension between parents

Leaving school with no qualifications

The shocking incident:

A young girl had died

Drank an enormous amount of alcohol

She wasn't even 12

Consequences of excessive drinking:

Addiction

Unprotected sex

Car crashes (Road accidents)

Violent fights

(edited 10 years ago)
Oooh good and bad. Listening was good, reading was good too (although that question on dating... Grr)
Writing, nice questions I think... Did the one on TV, might have been slightly repetitive but I thinks it's okay.

Does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme? Would be interested in what you put for the dating question, phone question and any other listenings which I'n forgetting about... Xx ooh for the listening on alcohol, was it tensions with parents, a feeling of being drunk and lots of schoolwork?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
Original post by William24
The si clause was an imperfect + conditional wasn't it? So it would of been 'eviterait'?

That's what I did, with an accent on the first e! The En + present participle confused me, I wrote grandant rather than grandissant - feeling like such an idiot right now!
Reply 89
Original post by FH1
That's what I did, with an accent on the first e! The En + present participle confused me, I wrote grandant rather than grandissant - feeling like such an idiot right now!

Exactly the same, I wouldn't worry too much about it!
I would of thought sport would have come up :frown: So gutted when it didn't :frown:

They threw a little subjunctive in there as well...."aient"...god...unfair...

ce n'est pas juste!!!
Reply 92
Original post by FH1

Can't believe I put grandant! I reckon lots of people will have missed the subjunctive though?
Reply 93
Original post by beckiiiiiiii
I would of thought sport would have come up :frown: So gutted when it didn't :frown:

I thought it would've too, but I actually much preferred holidays. There is so much more to write. I expect if sport had of came up it would of been about trend sports vs. traditional sports or something about the Olympics most likely.
Reply 94

I know but 1 mark always makes the difference doesn't it?! And after the exam I thought oh finir has the present participle of finissant (why didn't I think like that in the exam?)

And I feel like the only one who did the holidays question for the essay!
Reply 95
Original post by BingTaoBing
They threw a little subjunctive in there as well...."aient"...god...unfair...

ce n'est pas juste!!!

Is this for the 'il faut' one? Oui, je suis d'accord! C'est totalement injuste!
Reply 96
Original post by FH1
I know but 1 mark always makes the difference doesn't it?! And after the exam I thought oh finir has the present participle of finissant (why didn't I think like that in the exam?)

Quite a few people at my school did holidays!
I thought it would've too, but I actually much preferred holidays. There is so much more to write. I expect if sport had of came up it would of been about trend sports vs. traditional sports or something about the Olympics most likely.

Yeah, I had loads to write- I don't write a lot usually, and I wrote more than usual- got to be a good thing right? What points did you make?
Reply 98
Original post by FH1

I did the Holidays essay too! :smile:
Reply 99
Original post by Goosegogs
Quite a few people at my school did holidays!

To be honest only 3 people in my school do A Level French and they both chose TV, they think I'm crazy for choosing holidays but it was a simple advantages/disadvantages question!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending