The Student Room Group

AQA AS Unit 1 French exam 21st May 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sn96
Thank you :smile: Would that mean there's a chance of it balancing out a bit / getting a C if I have completely messed up?

Hopefully :smile: how did you find the exam overall?
Original post by maddyt08
How much did everyone else write for their essays? Reading that people wrote 4 sides is worrying me - I wrote, and have written for all my essays, about 2, or a bit less. Is this too little?

I wrote 2 sides as well and I've got good grades for essays writing that much. I think it's quality that's most important rather than quantity :smile:
Original post by sn96
Thank you :smile: Would that mean there's a chance of it balancing out a bit / getting a C if I have completely messed up?

Hopefully :smile: How did you find the exam overall?
Reply 283
Also madr grandant mistake :'( the subjunctive was in the teading though! :biggrin: and the last qn in grammar was imperfect+conditional right? Then the others were masculins, s'agir, positive, monoparentales, aient...
Reply 284
Will the grade boundary for an A be any lower than say 85? I think thats thr liwest ive ever seen it and this was deffo the hardest paper considering all my mocks :'( at least the essays were good, the last listening wn marriage, birth divore etc and the cafe and speed dating were just awful though :'( i found those the hardest, and timeeeee was a big problem, ahhhhh hopefully still an A, id be gutted if i got a b considering i havent in the mocks :'( such a hard paper
Reply 285
Original post by squishysquid
Hopefully :smile: How did you find the exam overall?

I'm not really sure... I thought the listening went quite well, it's just a couple of the reading parts and that question 9 that shook me... Am thinking that there're probably a lot more silly mistakes I made in it....

For the essay question I managed about 4 sides, but didn't really have time to look over it so it might have been quite repetitive. I think I might have messed up a few of the tenses in there too :frown:

I've got a History exam tomorrow too... None of my exams this year seem to have gone to plan though :s-smilie:
Reply 286
I only wrote 3 pages here which for me made time an issue for the other sections, but usually i write 2 and half and ive gotten 30/35 for that so hopefully all is good, a long as you're points are relevant, to the qn, well expressed, range of structures and a few eye catching vocab words then you should be fine
Original post by sn96
I'm not really sure... I thought the listening went quite well, it's just a couple of the reading parts and that question 9 that shook me... Am thinking that there're probably a lot more silly mistakes I made in it....

For the essay question I managed about 4 sides, but didn't really have time to look over it so it might have been quite repetitive. I think I might have messed up a few of the tenses in there too :frown:

I've got a History exam tomorrow too... None of my exams this year seem to have gone to plan though :s-smilie:

I'm sure you have done better than you think :smile: I wrote 2 pages for the essay but I have quite small writing, so I hope I've done ok. Good luck for your History exam tomorrow :biggrin:
Reply 288
Anyone got uniform answers?
Reply 289
Can anyone remember answers from the café breaks one?
Original post by tomj45
There there, we all made that same mistake:console:

I feel a lot better now, thank you :wink:
I thought the uniform was a bit deceptive

I can remember the bottom one on the first page being P/N and I think the top one of the second page was N. The one I was confused about was the one where he started complaining about le systeme actuel but didn't really mention uniform- I put P because he didn't like the current non uniform so he must think that uniform is good?
Does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme? It would help a lot :smile:
I found the listening question in which you had to write in french quite difficult, also the grammar question was pretty difficult compared to the previous years!
I'm determined to remember all the grammar questions! So far I've got:
comprendre -compris
reconnaitre - reconnu
s'agir - s'agir
monoparental - monoparentales
grandir - grandissant
avoir - aient
eviter - eviterait
masculin - masculins
can anyone help me to remember the last two?
Original post by bourboncreams
comprendre -compris
reconnaitre - reconnu
s'agir - s'agir
grandir - grandissant
avoir - aient
eviter - eviterait
masculin - masculins

There was a pourraient in there somewhere and a positive
Reply 295
Original post by bourboncreams
comprendre -compris
reconnaitre - reconnu
s'agir - s'agir
grandir - grandissant
avoir - aient
eviter - eviterait
masculin - masculins

Ahh, are these definitely right? I think I put reconnu :biggrin:
I've heard the others were 'positif --> positive' and I think another one was 'pouvoir'? I put pourraient for the latter but not sure if it's right? *It was a future question*
Also, does anyone know the context that positif was in? (The sentence surrounding it? Still can't remember what I put for it, but guessing if there was an obvious -e ending I'd have put positive...)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 296
Original post by squishysquid
I'm sure you have done better than you think :smile: I wrote 2 pages for the essay but I have quite small writing, so I hope I've done ok. Good luck for your History exam tomorrow :biggrin:

Hopefully! Some of the answers coming up here seem to remind me of things I might have put, so maybe I did a bit better :') And I'm sure that's fine - mine seemed a bit rambling on, and I put a line space in between paragraphs so that spaced it out a little too ^_^ Thanks!
Original post by milworthy
There was a pourraient in there somewhere and a positive

ah yes thank you!
Reply 298
Yeah the above grammar question postings are complete and those are the correct answers (I think I got 9/10, stupid "grandir" :banghead: )
Reply 299
Original post by linguis
You do realise that if it ends in AL then in the plural it changes to AUX? So the correct answer was Monoparentaux

I thought it was feminine plural?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending