The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by RoastHam
Ah great minds think a-like! We should lead a revolution against this needless destruction!

I got this off BBC news, and it actually makes sense now I know. :smile:

''When blank pages appear in the middle of exam papers, they are there because the following question goes over a double page, and you will need to see both pages at the same time to answer the question. Therefore, blank pages usually only appear on the recto (right-hand side), and it is very odd to see a blank page on the verso (left-hand side) of the paper, although this has been reported as happening in paper with tables of contents, such as the GCSE English Literature paper in the UK.''
Original post by krisshP
I got 56.9 :biggrin: right at the end. Only at the end I realised you're supposed to calculate moles of magnesium carbonate to get the moles of CO2, then just times moles by 24,000cm3 to get the answer. I messed up first, but then writ at the end I got the correct answer. Would I get full marks or not since my working out was messy, but my final answer was clear, and it does usually say award full marks for a correct answer?

Thanks

In my opinion examiners are actually really good at understanding handwriting and messy working, my handwriting is atrocious but i do well in exams so they obviously don't as teachers say just mark it wrong if it's messy
Reply 142
One question was about writing a reaction. It was worth only 1 mark and it did NOT mention anything on state symbols. I wrote the reaction, but didn't put state symbols since I was a bit unsure with what the state symbols would be or that reaction and I didn't want to risk showing incorrect state symbols. Is this okay?
Reply 143
Yeah from what I've looked up in the revision guide/book I can only find about 2 or 3 other marks I've dropped, so should be fine (although may Cambridge hopes have been diminished)

Well... You never know, you still might get an A from the coursework and unit 2. Can I ask what you got for this exam in January?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 144
Coursework is ridiculous, I think 90% 54/60 for an A, when really 90% 48/69 should be an A. There's so much cheating anyway. So why even have this F333 unit, it makes no sense and to be fair with you dumb people somehow get top marks :eek:
Hey what did everyone get for the years from the half life question? I got something like 26000 years ?!
Reply 146
Original post by krisshP
Lol then they talk about CO2, but what about all CO2 caused by these exam boards in wasting trees and paper. Someone should write on the blank page
What a bloody waste o trees and paper. This causes greater CO2 levels. Hence greenhouse effect occur.......

Hahah

Exactly! Haha that's a great idea, if there is a blank page in F332 I shall do that! Hopefully the chief examiner sees it and gives a public apology!
Reply 147
What did people were for the thermal stability question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SyedaK
What did people were for the thermal stability question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Urm I wrote about using limewater and testing the time it takes for it to go milky, the longer time the higher the thermal stability- bot sure if thats what they asked for- also said Sr is more thermally stable than Mg as thermal stability of Carbonates increases down group 2

What did everyone else write ?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 149
Original post by krisshP
Did you do Edexcel biology

Yep! You too?
Pretty nice paper.

Original post by Ikklemini
Urm I wrote about using limewater and testing the time it takes for it to go milky, the longer time the higher the thermal stability- bot sure if thats what they asked for- also said Sr is more thermally stable than Mg as thermal stability of Carbonates increases down group 2

What did everyone else write ?

Yup, sounds good :yep:
Reply 151
does anyone know what the answers to the last two questions of the paper were?
Reply 152
Original post by JamesMartinez
I got this off BBC news, and it actually makes sense now I know. :smile:

''When blank pages appear in the middle of exam papers, they are there because the following question goes over a double page, and you will need to see both pages at the same time to answer the question. Therefore, blank pages usually only appear on the recto (right-hand side), and it is very odd to see a blank page on the verso (left-hand side) of the paper, although this has been reported as happening in paper with tables of contents, such as the GCSE English Literature paper in the UK.''

Ah, I suppose that makes sense, I still think they shouldn't have put questions on the back page though, but oh well it'll be fine.
Reply 153
Ah, I suppose that makes sense, I still think they shouldn't have put questions on the back page though, but oh well it'll be fine.

Yeah you'll be fine I bet, and back page questions are a joke, they're asking to catch people out and it's annoying.

Ah yes I nearly missed the questions at the back too! It's quite annoying that they did put it at the back
Reply 155
Original post by SyedaK
Well... You never know, you still might get an A from the coursework and unit 2. Can I ask what you got for this exam in January?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I got full marks in coursework, so just need to do really well in unit 2. My school doesn't enter Y12 students for January exams, so I'm taking all exams for the first time, but I got 54 in Feb mock and had been getting 57/58 in past papers.
Original post by krisshP
One question was about writing a reaction. It was worth only 1 mark and it did NOT mention anything on state symbols. I wrote the reaction, but didn't put state symbols since I was a bit unsure with what the state symbols would be or that reaction and I didn't want to risk showing incorrect state symbols. Is this okay?

Should be OK :smile:
Reply 157
Yeah, I got full marks in coursework, so just need to do really well in unit 2. My school doesn't enter Y12 students for January exams, so I'm taking all exams for the first time, but I got 54 in Feb mock and had been getting 57/58 in past papers.

Then you definitely have a strong change to go Cambridge. And wow! Full marks - I got 45/60 :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 158
On the thermal stability I wrote something ridiculous about how the mass of that substance will decrease more if the thermal stability is lower... think I'll get any marks for it? xD I completely forgot about limewater. I think that I got the mark for saying that strontium is more thermally stable, though.

Also, I got confused on the beta radiation one. >.< Just had a stupid moment and decreased the mass number by one rather than the proton number. I don't think I'll get any marks for that. xD
Does anyone remember what the final few questions were on the back page? Starting to worry that I missed a whole page, I was so exhausted for this exam :confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending