The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
the question with water bottle and tap bottle
The last part was like 46 boxes find the expectation so i did 46 times the answer i got in my last question anyone did the same?
Reply 201
Did anyone else get like 14000 for the variance or something like that, 145541 i know it had 14 in the start and it was a big number, not sure if thats right but it did seem like a massive number.
For the last part of the last question, I got so confused. Was it saying probability of hitting 3 in 6 throws? But if she hits 3 in the first 3, she stops.....so P(B*B*B in first 3) + (If 1B in first 3, 2 in next 3) + (2B in first 3, 1 in next 3)..

e.g.
BBB
BNNBBN
NBNBBN

etc?
Reply 203
Original post by Mahinder
the question with water bottle and tap bottle
The last part was like 46 boxes find the expectation so i did 46 times the answer i got in my last question anyone did the same?

48*0.8684 to get your answer.
Reply 204
Original post by juniorx
oh **** looks like i made a mistake then

aaargh i just calculated it now and it is 5.62x10-3. I'm not sure and can't remember if it i put 5.62 or 5.82 :confused:
Original post by Blobar
Did anyone else get like 14000 for the variance or something like that, 145541 i know it had 14 in the start and it was a big number, not sure if thats right but it did seem like a massive number.

I got that too! I wasn't sure if it was right....
Reply 206
Original post by superxo2
For the last part of the last question, I got so confused. Was it saying probability of hitting 3 in 6 throws? But if she hits 3 in the first 3, she stops.....so P(B*B*B in first 3) + (If 1B in first 3, 2 in next 3) + (2B in first 3, 1 in next 3)..

e.g.
BBB
BNNBBN
NBNBBN

etc?

Nope sorry thats wrong because it said if she hits one in the first 3 throws then she just stops

so

BBB NNNBBB
if it was BNNBBN she'd just stop after BNN
Reply 207
Original post by Blobar
48*0.8684 to get your answer.

yeh thats what i did
Reply 208
I almost did it wrong since I carried on from my 50 bags from the previous question so was doing P(X=0) 50C0 (0.9)^50, lucky I had time to go through all the question again and saw my mistake! Phew!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Blobar

yesss i got a number that started with 1455... it was a big number!:tongue:
Reply 210
how did u do your tree diagram and what did subsequently mean i think i got it all wrong haha
Reply 211
omfg i think i got the same as u for the var x
Original post by Blobar
Nope sorry thats wrong because it said if she hits one in the first 3 throws then she just stops

so

BBB NNNBBB

oh!! I misread the question !!
Reply 213
Original post by Blobar

so

BBB NNNBBB

i nearly made that mistake and wasted 20 mins before i reread the question and actually understood it. :colondollar:
Reply 214
Original post by superxo2
oh!! I misread the question !!

Don't worry it was a toughie, when I first read it I wasnt even going to bother with it but I had like 20 minutes left lol so kinda forced myself into it.
Reply 215
Original post by Attz_09
how did u do your tree diagram and what did subsequently mean i think i got it all wrong haha

What mean? The questions were what is the probability she hits atleast one and what is the probability she gets exactly one.
Reply 216
someone plz remind me wtf question 3 was ?????
do you think the grade boundary will be lower or higher than jan 2013? it was 57/70 I think in Jan!
Reply 218
Original post by tumblrgirl
do you think the grade boundary will be lower or higher than jan 2013? it was 57/70 I think in Jan!

About same I reckon.
Reply 219
Original post by Mahinder
someone plz remind me wtf question 3 was ?????

the P(X=r) one I think. First question was mean and sd, 2nd one was the bags stuff, 3rd one envelope one and E(x) and var (x).

Latest

Trending

Trending