The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by juniorx
no sorry, it was 5.62x10^-3

I deleted that, i got 0.0056, but wrote the wrong one in here, but they would allow 0.0056 instead of 0.00562 right?
Reply 481
Original post by sarjan100
I deleted that, i got 0.0056, but wrote the wrong one in here, but they would allow 0.0056 instead of 0.00562 right?

Yes you have given it to 4sf which is the recommended accuracy. It is wise to just note down the exact result before though just be sure to get the method marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tempz
Yes you have given it to 4sf which is the recommended accuracy. It is wise to just note down the exact result before though just be sure to get the method marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sweet
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 483
Original post by tempz

Posted from TSR Mobile

what about standard form. For example you put 5.62x10^-3
How did everyone find it?:smile:
Reply 485
Original post by Priyanka32
How did everyone find it?:smile:

generally it was one of the easier papers, although i know many people quoting it as ****ing easy (but i wouldn't go that far!!)
Anyone know if you write out more decimal places in the answer (like 5 dp) you could get marked down? ( saying they haven't told you in the question to round to no. to dp)
what did you say about whether the outlier should be ignored, for that weight of babies q
Reply 488
Original post by juniorx
what about standard form. For example you put 5.62x10^-3

Standard form is fine as well, as long as its not to a huge number of sf you should get the mark but they have been harsh since 2011 and been taking away marks for what they call "over specification of answers"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 489
Original post by Priyanka32
what did you say about whether the outlier should be ignored, for that weight of babies q

Any answer should get the mark as long as its justified , the common response is usually do not ignore as the baby may be premature and therefore legitimately have a lower weight

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tempz

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's not 4sf?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by juniorx
generally it was one of the easier papers, although i know many people quoting it as ****ing easy (but i wouldn't go that far!!)

Haha, grade boundaries gonna be high then!
Thank god! I wrote the premature reason :bigsmile:
For the box plot question, i got lower quartile 25/4 and upper quartile 3*25/4 but the upper quartile was greater than the max value so i didnt know how to draw the scale
Reply 494
I hated the box plot question, cheeky b*****ds didnt even provide graph paper so I was doing my lines all wonky lol.
Original post by zangorou
I definitely lost 3 on the last Q, maybe 4. So maybe 66/65, hopefully! :biggrin:

You?

I lost 2 on q 2 ii but I think the rest should be fine maybe 70/69 :smile:
I did 4C3x5/12^3x7/12^1 + 4C4x5/12^4x5/12^0
Reply 497
Im hoping for 68/69, messed up q2 part 2 but thats it I think.
Reply 498
Original post by Mo_maths
for 2 ii) I did (5/12 x 5/12 x 5/12 x 7/12) + ( 5/12 x 5/12 x 5/12 x 5/12) = 0.0723
im pretty confident with that so who has made the error

I hate to break it to you but s/he is right as they've multiplied (5/12 x 5/12 x 5/12 x 7/12) by 4C3 because there a 4C3 ways in which you can order 4 items in which 3 are the same
Reply 499
Original post by tempz

Posted from TSR Mobile

I rounded up to 0.006, will I still get method marks?

Latest

Trending

Trending