The Student Room Group

Law Unit 4 14th June 2013 (AQA)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by kmackenzz
Do you think it too risky just learning those 2?

I personally do. If it wad AS level I would say go for it but I assume lots of peoples uni places depends on this exam so I would say learn 3.
I really hope that fault comes up :smile: I know that it was on the last exam but the other essays we have done are law & morality and judicial creativity which I find boring..

Does anyone else know of any predictions from teachers about which essays will come up and if fault is very likely to do so? I think that it had only came up once before and that was last year.
Reply 42
I need 50 ums for a B that is equivalent to a D right?
Reply 43
Original post by xxm
I need 50 ums for a B that is equivalent to a D right?

Correct, I assume you need 80 US for an A then? I need 58 UMS for a B.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by lankan-gurl
I really hope that fault comes up :smile: I know that it was on the last exam but the other essays we have done are law & morality and judicial creativity which I find boring..

Does anyone else know of any predictions from teachers about which essays will come up and if fault is very likely to do so? I think that it had only came up once before and that was last year.

my teacher refuses to do predictions haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by seana39223
my teacher refuses to do predictions haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmm same with my teacher :/ but what do you reckon or want to come up?
Reply 46
Original post by lankan-gurl
Hmmm same with my teacher :/ but what do you reckon or want to come up?

I'm praying Law and morals comes up to be honest.
I'm praying Law and morals comes up to be honest.

Hmmm.. I don't mind that one there is quite a lot of content to remember for that one in terms of the philosophers and their theories. I'm praying that fault will come up.
Reply 48
Correct, I assume you need 80 US for an A then? I need 58 UMS for a B.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No i need 90 for an A which is annoying, so probably won't happen but I'm happy with a B :smile:

Currently on 230 ums exactly!
Reply 49
Hiii! exam is approaching and its quite hard to fit in revision for every subject -.- i really hope morals will come up this year i hate fault i have to admit its boring, justice wouldn't be too bad.

i need 50 UMS to get an A but am aiming for 90 UMS (highly unlikely)

good luck though :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by Tubis
Hiii! exam is approaching and its quite hard to fit in revision for every subject -.- i really hope morals will come up this year i hate fault i have to admit its boring, justice wouldn't be too bad.

i need 50 UMS to get an A but am aiming for 90 UMS (highly unlikely)

good luck though :smile:

Wow that's brilliant good luck with the A*
Reply 51
Wow that's brilliant good luck with the A*

thank you! good luck to you too :smile:
Reply 52
Oh were doing very similar things for A I'm doing the same as you (offences against the property) and for section B I'm doing: law and morals, law and justice and fault :smile:

Omg I am doing the exact same thing, what text book are you using for Section C: Concepts of law? :cool:
Reply 53
Original post by Markg125
Omg I am doing the exact same thing, what text book are you using for Section C: Concepts of law? :cool:

I'm using 3 different text books : Nelson Thrones AQA endorsed one, AQA Law Guide by Currer and Darwent and AQA Law for A2 by Horder Education
Reply 54
I'm using 3 different text books : Nelson Thrones AQA endorsed one, AQA Law Guide by Currer and Darwent and AQA Law for A2 by Horder Education

Ah, good. I got the second and third one. You definitely need more than that AQA law for A2 book, in section C that is so lacking it's unbelievable AQA put themselves on it. I really need 59 UMS for a B overall , but I've neglected law so much not sure if I will get it. :frown: wbu?
Reply 55
Original post by Markg125
Ah, good. I got the second and third one. You definitely need more than that AQA law for A2 book, in section C that is so lacking it's unbelievable AQA put themselves on it. I really need 59 UMS for a B overall , but I've neglected law so much not sure if I will get it. :frown: wbu?

I'm sure you will be fine. and I agree completely, the AQA endorsed one is the most in depth out of the three imo.
Reply 56
Please please will someone send me law and morality?
Reply 57
Original post by kmackenzz
Please please will someone send me law and morality?

Hi,

Sorry I took a while. Here are my notes and a sample essay which has a few examples and ideas not included in the notes
Reply 58
Original post by ed-
Hi,

Sorry I took a while. Here are my notes and a sample essay which has a few examples and ideas not included in the notes

These are brilliant, thank you!
Reply 59
Original post by ed-
Hi,

Love you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending