The Student Room Group

AQA Law Unit 3 - 7/6/2013

Hi :smile:

I haven't seen any threads yet for Law03 in June so thought i'd start one.

I did the exam in January and was really confident for it (or so i thought), sadly I did really badly and need an A overall so had no choice but to retake it in June!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by sophiech
Hi :smile:

I haven't seen any threads yet for Law03 in June so thought i'd start one.

I did the exam in January and was really confident for it (or so i thought), sadly I did really badly and need an A overall so had no choice but to retake it in June!

Same here! lol
I was confident... got a C :/ What did you get? if you don't mind me asking.
Reply 2
Original post by Rupesh94
Same here! lol
I was confident... got a C :/ What did you get? if you don't mind me asking.

I got a C, was really disappointed and surprised by it as revised really hard! but I ordered a photocopy of my exam back from AQA and could see silly little mistakes I'd made... really annoyed me as well, the examiner who marked my paper had originally given me a B but then my exam had been randomly re-marked by a chief examiner and was marked down to a C :frown: just unfortunate I guess! I'm hoping this time it will go better.

How are you feeling this time round?
Reply 3
I feel so sorry for you guys. If I had to retake this unit it would be a nightmare :frown: good luck!
Reply 4
I got a C, was really disappointed and surprised by it as revised really hard! but I ordered a photocopy of my exam back from AQA and could see silly little mistakes I'd made... really annoyed me as well, the examiner who marked my paper had originally given me a B but then my exam had been randomly re-marked by a chief examiner and was marked down to a C :frown: just unfortunate I guess! I'm hoping this time it will go better.

I revised hard for it as well!! What were the little mistakes? No doubt I probably made the same ones :/ Ahh, that was really unlucky! I'm feeling alright at the moment, bit worried about unit 4 mostly!
How about you?
Reply 5
I'm taking this exam also.... does anyone have any ideas of what is likely to come up for the evaluation question!?
Reply 6
I am redoing this exam well!
my teacher said that its not worth stressing about two defences as it came up in jan, she thinks non fatal is most likely to come up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Halleb9
I am redoing this exam well!
my teacher said that its not worth stressing about two defences as it came up in jan, she thinks non fatal is most likely to come up

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I agree! Non-fatals have come up every June exam...

Are you going to diregard reform on defences altogether?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Rupesh94
Yeah I agree! Non-fatals have come up every June exam...

Are you going to diregard reform on defences altogether?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm focusing on Non-Fatals and slight on murder and voluntary... I think it's highly unlikely defences will come up again so I've completely ruled it out. If it does come up I'll depend on the knowledge I had from the last time I took it!
Reply 9
Original post by BeccaMH
I'm focusing on Non-Fatals and slight on murder and voluntary... I think it's highly unlikely defences will come up again so I've completely ruled it out. If it does come up I'll depend on the knowledge I had from the last time I took it!

Ohh okay. Sounds good! I can't remember reform on defences at all..so might just remember some points just in case lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got my marks back for the exam and it showed that I got over 20 for both Non-Fatal Offences and The Criticism/Reform of Defences but 9 for Murder/Manslaughter.

One section stopped it being a B/A

I've worked out in order to get the A I need, I need 97 UMS on both Units 3 and 4. So basically an A*......

Not looking good :frown:
Reply 11
Original post by BeccaMH
I'm taking this exam also.... does anyone have any ideas of what is likely to come up for the evaluation question!?

my teacher has said she has a sneaky feeling it'll be murder and voluntary manslaughter as it barely comes up and non fatals comes up every June, i'm mainly focusing on that and non fatals as defences came up in January :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by BeccaMH

Yeah that is what I am going to do as well! Are you going to learn a full model essay beforehand?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Halleb9
Yeah that is what I am going to do as well! Are you going to learn a full model essay beforehand?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeap... I've already learnt a model Non-Fatal answer! I'm going find one for Murder and voluntary now too... I think it's the best/easiest way!
Reply 14
Original post by BeccaMH
Yeap... I've already learnt a model Non-Fatal answer! I'm going find one for Murder and voluntary now too... I think it's the best/easiest way!

Same definitely the quickest as well, ok thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BeccaMH

Really sorry to bother you but Im so confused. I thought we had to apply defences to all the questions?
Original post by qwertyuiopp
Really sorry to bother you but Im so confused. I thought we had to apply defences to all the questions?

I believe they are discussing the Critisism/Reform essay. It's either going to be on Non-fatal offences, Murder/Manslaughter or Defences, and since Defences came up last time it seems like its a reasonable assumption its not going to come up again.
Original post by Gallifreyan95
I believe they are discussing the Critisism/Reform essay. It's either going to be on Non-fatal offences, Murder/Manslaughter or Defences, and since Defences came up last time it seems like its a reasonable assumption its not going to come up again.

Lol that makes more sense! thank you! At least defences are one less thing to focus on then :smile: Good luck!
Reply 18
Original post by qwertyuiopp

Yeah you do! We're discussing the reform/evaluation question! :-)
Hi I've literally just this minute joined the student room because I'm stressing so much!:frown:

I'm really confused as to when transferred malice comes into something or whether it's causation i need to be discussing, I've done several past papers, all very similar when it comes to it but some of the mark schemes say i need to talk about transferred malice but some say causation...

I know what they both are I just don't understand what the indicators are of when I should use either of them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending