The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS 4 - Corporate Culture Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by yaboy
Im just wondering, are you literally gonna try remember every single one of those points in your head and in the test apply the ones you need to the question we get?

Because there is no way I could ever write that much in the test. Wondering what did you get first time, because that looks like some very good work

That is exactly what I'm trying to do.
I did it in Jan and I was one mark off C.
Hopefully this time I will nail it.
Reply 101
Original post by dan94adibi
That is exactly what I'm trying to do.
I did it in Jan and I was one mark off C.
Hopefully this time I will nail it.

one mark off a C!?!?!? did you flop or would you say you did the same quality you posted on here?
Original post by Infamous12
I might try and use the P.E.E structure because its simple and mirrors the marking scheme

Point- One reason why i think.....
Example- Use your relevant research here (application marks)
Explain- Business theory to back up your point. (analysis marks)

Then, maybe evaluate what you have said after each paragraph.

Is this a good structure to get you the higher marks?

Pretty much the same when answering, but you'll want to use PEEL.

Point- Make a point
Example- Use examples and evidence
Explain- Evaluate
Link- Link back to Question

for your evaluation, you'll want to use AIM.

Answer - Focus the trigger words in the question, make a clear judgement and justify your reasoning.
It Depends - Discuss what the overall issue depends upon. Try to come up with a few issues and explain fully with an example.
Most Important - What is the most important issue when considering the conclusion? Explain why it is most important.

(Taken from the Tutor2U Ultimate Guide to BUSS4 Essay Writing)
Original post by CharlieTT
Pretty much the same when answering, but you'll want to use PEEL.

Point- Make a point
Example- Use examples and evidence
Explain- Evaluate
Link- Link back to Question

for your evaluation, you'll want to use AIM.

Answer - Focus the trigger words in the question, make a clear judgement and justify your reasoning.
It Depends - Discuss what the overall issue depends upon. Try to come up with a few issues and explain fully with an example.
Most Important - What is the most important issue when considering the conclusion? Explain why it is most important.

(Taken from the Tutor2U Ultimate Guide to BUSS4 Essay Writing)

ah, so basically, after you analyse your point, at the end of your paragraph, you do a small summary(evaluate) to show how your answer is relevant to the question in hand?
ah, so basically, after you analyse your point, at the end of your paragraph, you do a small summary(evaluate) to show how your answer is relevant to the question in hand?

Exactly. Always do a mini summary at the end of each paragraph. It's easy evaluation marks and my Business teachers always stress how important it is.
Exactly. Always do a mini summary at the end of each paragraph. It's easy evaluation marks and my Business teachers always stress how important it is.

Thanks for the help!
Reply 106
Original post by yaboy
one mark off a C!?!?!? did you flop or would you say you did the same quality you posted on here?

I think last time round I just didn't understand the exam technique.
Now I'm much more confident answering the questions.
I think last time round I just didn't understand the exam technique.
Now I'm much more confident answering the questions.

Do you have any idea what to research for section B? some topics im thinking of are: Leadership, CSR, Economic cycle. I'm not sure which others.
Reply 108
Am I the only person who hasn't started revising yet? I have four exams before BUSS4 and I have 8 days gap between this exam and the one before it, so I think I should be fine. HOPEFULLY. I know Section A, it is just stuff for Section B I have to go over. :confused:
Reply 109
Do you have any idea what to research for section B? some topics im thinking of are: Leadership, CSR, Economic cycle. I'm not sure which others.

Me myself really have been concentrating on leadership and especially at Nokia.
For section B the only good thing is that as long as you have one example and you use it in a right manner than you should be fine.

Leadership
Nokia.

Culture
This is section A anyway but I would go for Apple for section B

Economic cycle
rough idea of the state of the economy with some facts such as last years economic growth.
Woolworths is my comnpany for this one.

CSR: BP

As long as you cover those I'll guarantee no matter what the question is, you will have an example to use in your answer.
Me myself really have been concentrating on leadership and especially at Nokia.
For section B the only good thing is that as long as you have one example and you use it in a right manner than you should be fine.

Leadership
Nokia.

Culture
This is section A anyway but I would go for Apple for section B

Economic cycle
rough idea of the state of the economy with some facts such as last years economic growth.
Woolworths is my comnpany for this one.

CSR: BP

As long as you cover those I'll guarantee no matter what the question is, you will have an example to use in your answer.

i think you get around 8 application marks in both essays. Im trying not to OVER research so that i can actually remember some detailed research on the day. When constructing your essays, do you use P.E.E.E? I'm Hoping this structure will work well because it mirrors the marking scheme.
Generic Essay structure right here:

Introduction

Definition of topic you will be discussing e.g. CSR, Culture etc.

Setting the scene for what you will be discussing e.g. Relate a business you will be talking about to the topic

Argument

Point 1

Evidence/Example 1

Evaluate 1

Point 2

Evidence/Example 2

Evaluate 2

Link back to question

Counter Argument

Point 1

Evidence/Example 1

Evaluate 1

Point 2

Evidence/Example 2

Evaluate 2

Link back to question

Concluding Paragraph

Answer/Address

It Depends

Most Important

Reply 112
i think you get around 8 application marks in both essays. Im trying not to OVER research so that i can actually remember some detailed research on the day. When constructing your essays, do you use P.E.E.E? I'm Hoping this structure will work well because it mirrors the marking scheme.

Yh I mean P.E.E.E is the best way to do this.
Most marks are with the analysis and the evaluation.
I have feeling for leadership and something to do with the economic conditions.
Just make sure you know those two topics well and I'm sure you will ace it.
Can someone explain what PEEE is? Isnt PEEL better to use?

Also, how come you think Leadership and economic conditions will come up? :smile:
Original post by mushpantsbc
Can someone explain what PEEE is? Isnt PEEL better to use?

Also, how come you think Leadership and economic conditions will come up? :smile:

Its the same technique. Point, example, explain, evaluate. When you evaluate you link it back to the question.

I dont think leadership was in last years paper so there is a chance, but you shouldnt count on it because there is only 3 questions and like 12 chapters so it could really be on ANY of them.
Reply 115
what are the 12 main topics which could come up? :smile:
Anyone has a sample answer of section A on organisational culture, were your using research of businesses.
Original post by cuttifi
what are the 12 main topics which could come up? :smile:

Understanding mission aims and objectives.

The relationship between business and the economic environment.

The relationship between business and the social environment.

The relationship between business and the political and legal environment.

The relationship between business and the technological environment.

The relationship between business and the competitive environment.

Internal causes of change.

Planning for change.

Leadership.

Culture.

Making strategic decisions.

Implementing and managing change.

Original post by gunner4life95
Anyone has a sample answer of section A on organisational culture, were your using research of businesses.

There wouldn't be any Section A examples considering there hasn't been a Section A on Culture before. (I'm pretty sure there hasn't anyway.)

Understanding mission aims and objectives.

The relationship between business and the economic environment.

The relationship between business and the social environment.

The relationship between business and the political and legal environment.

The relationship between business and the technological environment.

The relationship between business and the competitive environment.

Internal causes of change.

Planning for change.

Leadership.

Culture.

Making strategic decisions.

Implementing and managing change.

There wouldn't be any Section A examples considering there hasn't been a Section A on Culture before. (I'm pretty sure there hasn't anyway.)

yh, I just wanted to know if someone done a practice question for revision or homework.
How many examples has everybody revised so far ? I'm worried about mine for section B because If three topics comes up that your research doesn't specifically relate to then your in trouble ? The only thing going in my favour is I only need 44 ums for a B but 84 for an A which would always be nice but I feel very unlikely ! Could anyone help on their ideas about what research is a must for section B , personally I would love a question on CSR as I have a mock answer for it which I got 36/40 on . Any help would be appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending