The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Biology B4B5B6 - 10/06/13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by BP_Tranquility
This is what it says in the specification but it doesn't specify how much detail we need to know it to... :tongue:
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1370710456.388433.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly. :smile:
Original post by andersson
Exactly. :smile:

So...I guess you're both right lol :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is what it says in the specification but it doesn't specify how much detail we need to know it to... :tongue:
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1370710456.388433.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah that's it, but the thing is often the exam get the knowledge you know out of you in ways you're not used to, it's all about applying what you've learnt to a particular question, so best bet is just to write everything you know about that area of the syllabus and refer to the question :smile:
Haha, we probably do...unless...the decider is- do you take WJEC geography GCSE? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I don't :frown: geography has got to be the worst subject ever
Original post by BrokenS0ulz

Interesting- I enjoyed doing geography gcse (especially the physical aspects) but I won't be doing it at a level... :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 445
Original post by NatashaG
yeah that's it, but the thing is often the exam get the knowledge you know out of you in ways you're not used to, it's all about applying what you've learnt to a particular question, so best bet is just to write everything you know about that area of the syllabus and refer to the question :smile:

Yeah true, but I don't think they'd go that far away from the syllabus to do that. :tongue: In the other exam we had to know about X and Y chromosomes but they asked about chromosomes in grasshoppers, for example.
Reply 446

I agree so much. It's going to be the one grade that's really bad for me. :mad:
Yeah true, but I don't think they'd go that far away from the syllabus to do that. :tongue: In the other exam we had to know about X and Y chromosomes but they asked about chromosomes in grasshoppers, for example.

Yeah tbh I got that question from Lonsdale practice workbook and it's mostly alright but sometimes their answers use terms found nowhere in the syllabus and I swear some of the answers are actually wrong for example they labelled the AVN as causing atria contract and SAN as causing ventricles to contract when it's the other way around!
I agree so much. It's going to be the one grade that's really bad for me. :mad:

I didn't actually take geography for gcse, but from my year 7-9 experiences I learnt that it's horrible :frown:
So today, I revised B4+B5 :biggrin: I'll do B6 tomorrow? And do the specimen paper maybe...

Then concentrate on my S1 exam. Finish that, and revise before the biology exam seeing as I'll be stranded after my other exam :smile:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
So today, I revised B4+B5 :biggrin: I'll do B6 tomorrow? And do the specimen paper maybe...

Then concentrate on my S1 exam. Finish that, and revise before the biology exam seeing as I'll be stranded after my other exam :smile:

What's an S1?
What's an S1?

Statistics 1 A Level Mathematics Module :smile:
Statistics 1 A Level Mathematics Module :smile:

I'm intrigued and impressed that you and Ryan were both given the choice to do a level maths early :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm intrigued and impressed that you and Ryan were both given the choice to do a level maths early :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't remember how many modules Ryan has done? C1/2 and M1... Anything else?

Biology is starting to sink in fine...
Reply 454
I'm really annoyed about geography since AQA decided to make some questions hidden so I didn't see them.. That's 4 easy marks down the drain *sigh* and I thought geography was one of the subjects I would get A* in ... Don't know now :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can't remember how many modules Ryan has done? C1/2 and M1... Anything else?

Biology is starting to sink in fine...

Not sure, but he'll probably see this and reply :tongue:

Yeah, I've been revising b4 today, as I revised b5/b6 for the past 2 days...will be going over certain topics tomorrow along with the specimen paper...good luck in your exams! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not sure, but he'll probably see this and reply :tongue:

Yeah, I've been revising b4 today, as I revised b5/b6 for the past 2 days...will be going over certain topics tomorrow along with the specimen paper...good luck in your exams! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! I hate menstrual cycle :frown:
Thanks! I hate menstrual cycle :frown:

Not as much as girls (Y)
Original post by NatashaG
Not as much as girls (Y)

:lol: I can see why after learning about that stuff :wink:
Reply 459
Question and answer again people? :smile:

Explain why an amoeba has a contractile vacuole.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending