The Student Room Group

OCR MEI AS Mathematics M1 10/06/2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Help me ahhhh!! ****ing ****ty mechanics driving me ****ing nuts ****ing ****ing ****ing ****!!! :mob:
Reply 41
Can someone explain to me what Q7 part v C) from june 2009 asking for. And how to do it please.
Reply 42
Original post by rohan11
Can someone explain to me what Q7 part v C) from june 2009 asking for. And how to do it please.

Find how long it takes until the sphere is back at point P using g as -9.8 now as the string has broken
Reply 43
Original post by Axion
Find how long it takes until the sphere is back at point P using g as -9.8 now as the string has broken

thanks i got it now:smile:
Reply 44
Original post by JG1027
Hey does anyone know what cpt means on the mark schemes?

cpt = component (vertical or horizontal)
Reply 45
Original post by mathsftww
Can someone please help me, I need help on the june 2008 paper, Q7) iv). Thanks:frown:

Have you tried drawing a triangle with all the forces and angles labelled? The forces in PC and QC are T1 and T2 respectively, you know the resultant force downwards is 8g N and the horizontal force is 10N (as the box is in equilibrium) :smile:
Reply 46
I just did a paper and went to mark it, if I've used a different method than stated, but one thats still valid and got the correct answer would I still achieve all the marks?
Reply 47
Original post by Kbatch
I just did a paper and went to mark it, if I've used a different method than stated, but one thats still valid and got the correct answer would I still achieve all the marks?

yep
Reply 48
Sorry for being rude, but I am genuinely ****TING myself. Not doing well in mocks though :frown:
Reply 49
Have no Idea how to do Question 7i on june 2010. It doesn't seem to make any sense, I have checked an explanation on the last page but it does not seem to make work, surely when t=0 is only one point on the curve?

http://www.mei.org.uk/files/papers/m110ju_lmkm.pdf

would be grateful if someone could take a look!
Reply 50
Original post by CWE
Have no Idea how to do Question 7i on june 2010. It doesn't seem to make any sense, I have checked an explanation on the last page but it does not seem to make work, surely when t=0 is only one point on the curve?

http://www.mei.org.uk/files/papers/m110ju_lmkm.pdf

would be grateful if someone could take a look!

Lol, Kbatch asked me the same question earlier. Here was my PM

Ok its a displacement time graph. I.e. distance time graph that deals with positives and negatives. The y axis is metres up the string so you can visualize that over the course of four seconds, the object moves up a little from its 12m high starting place, then moves down to below the middle and then reaches the origin where y =0

A) greatest displacement ABOVE. It starts at 12m high and reaches a maximum height of 16m (at 1 second), hence the greatest displacement above is 4m

B) Greatest distance of P from 12m. This is just the lowest point reached in this case. The lowest point reached is -4m. Therefore the greatest distance is 16m

C) It's moving downwards when the y values (or height) starts moving downwards. This occurs between 1 second < t < 3.5 seconds

D) It's at rest when the gradient = zero. This occurs at t = 1 and t = 3.5
can anyone help with the qs that I've posted on this threaad?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=43051970&highlight=

thank you! I will rep!
does anyone have the Jan 2013 paper for M1? I forgot to get it off my teacher!
Original post by TheBeesKnees
does anyone have the Jan 2013 paper for M1? I forgot to get it off my teacher!

it's horrible (imo), you may not want to look at it tonight lol
Reply 54
Good luck everyone tomorrow by the way :smile:

Who is AS level and who is A2 Level?
Original post by aishamarie
it's horrible (imo), you may not want to look at it tonight lol

Thank you so much!! and I know, I've done it already and did terribly hence why I am retaking this module now ahaha :smile:
Original post by TheBeesKnees
Thank you so much!! and I know, I've done it already and did terribly hence why I am retaking this module now ahaha :smile:

haha omg sorry, good luck tomorrow! :smile:
& btw, I love your blog, will defo follow after tomorrow is over! :biggrin:
Reply 57
Original post by Axion
Good luck everyone tomorrow by the way :smile:

Who is AS level and who is A2 Level?

AS Level, either cashed in with my AS Maths or AS Further Maths :smile:

Good luck to everyone who's got it tomorrow! :smile:
Reply 58
can some1 help me with the last question on jan 2013 paper I need help on the last part i think its Q7vi)
Reply 59
Original post by rohan11
can some1 help me with the last question on jan 2013 paper I need help on the last part i think its Q7vi)

it hangs vertically downwards with the 2.3m length slack. you can get the tensions from that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending