The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Biology B4B5B6 - 10/06/13

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sunshine333
You have lessons?!?

Yeah, we're 'expected' to go to them but I didn't go last Thursday or Friday and the school doesn't seem to have cared lol :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BP_Tranquility
Yeah, we're 'expected' to go to them but I didn't go last Thursday or Friday and the school doesn't seem to have cared lol :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

omg dont you have study leave? That sucks!
omg dont you have study leave? That sucks!

Yeah, it's annoying (although we did have study leave for 2 weeks) but I'm staying home anyway, and I heard that more people at school are doing the same (I might have somehow influenced them lol ) :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 763
I think someone should look at all the past papers and see what 6 mark questions have been about? :redface:
Original post by andersson
I think someone should look at all the past papers and see what 6 mark questions have been about? :redface:

There haven't been any 6 mark questions in the past papers from the old syllabus :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 765
There haven't been any 6 mark questions in the past papers from the old syllabus :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh that's strange, I thought there's always one for each section?
Yeah, it's annoying (although we did have study leave for 2 weeks) but I'm staying home anyway, and I heard that more people at school are doing the same (I might have somehow influenced them lol ) :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woah! I thought our school was bad! we finished school three weeks ago.... And we never have to have lessons again.. Ever.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh that's strange, I thought there's always one for each section?

Yeah, that was introduced into the new spec and the old spec didn't have it, so were going to be the first people to sit this exam with the 6 markers :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 768
Yeah, that was introduced into the new spec and the old spec didn't have it, so were going to be the first people to sit this exam with the 6 markers :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I see, thanks. :smile:
Woah! I thought our school was bad! we finished school three weeks ago.... And we never have to have lessons again.. Ever.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lucky- maybe your student population at your school is more trustworthy (we have to go to school in case some people misuse their time at home!) :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 770
Motivation people :

Spoiler

Hey guys, how long would you recommend on each section? I have the worst time keeping in the world so your advice would be a blessing! Thanks in advance
Reply 772
Original post by sunshinebeem
Hey guys, how long would you recommend on each section? I have the worst time keeping in the world so your advice would be a blessing! Thanks in advance

About 25 minutes on each module then 10 minutes on the last section.
For the menstual cycle, how would you improve this description?

What happens during negative feedback for the menstrual cycle?
When oestrogen levels levels are high, FSH levels fall. This is detected by the brain which then acts to increase FSH levels, but when the egg isn't fertilised, FSH levels fall and the cycle starts again. :confused:

And what happens to oestrogen and LH during pregnancy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
About 25 minutes on each module then 10 minutes on the last section.

That only leaves me 5 minutes to check:eek: and wouldn't the last section take longer?
Reply 775
section D?! what's section D?!!
Reply 776
Original post by cameron262
section D?! what's section D?!!

Section D is a new 10 mark section which is for data analysis and stuff like that - don't worry it's rather straightforward.
Are we all migrating to the chemistry thread after?
Reply 778
For the menstual cycle, how would you improve this description?

What happens during negative feedback for the menstrual cycle?
When oestrogen levels levels are high, FSH levels fall. This is detected by the brain which then acts to increase FSH levels, but when the egg isn't fertilised, FSH levels fall and the cycle starts again. :confused:

And what happens to oestrogen and LH during pregnancy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure about negative feedback... didn't know it was one.

I would say oestrogen and LH levels are low, since oestrogen repairs the lining (doesn't need to during pregnancy) and LH stimulates the release of eggs (once again not needed in pregnancy).

Also progesterone is needed to maintain the uterus lining, which in turn inhibits LH.
Original post by Knowing
Not sure about negative feedback... didn't know it was one.

I would say oestrogen and LH levels are low, since oestrogen repairs the lining (doesn't need to during pregnancy) and LH stimulates the release of eggs (once again not needed in pregnancy).

Also progesterone is needed to maintain the uterus lining, which in turn inhibits LH.

So high oestrogen inhibits FSH whilst high progesterone inhibits LH?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending