The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I find it really hilarious how, after exams, people put questions up on here to ask things like, "I did it like this, but I missed out that bit, although I did write this bit here... how many marks do you think I'll get for that question?".

It's just.... so silly.
Original post by chocolate102030
If I did everything else completely right but I did the by parts question wrong then used that result in the next question, how many marks would I get out of a total of 10?

Perhaps 5/6
does anyone have how many marks each question was?? or does anyone have the paper that they could upload please?? This was such a horrible exam!!!!!
Everyone on here need to stop with the QQing.

If you did bad on a relatively easy, perhaps average difficulty paper, Then just be thankful you didn't get a hard one.
Reply 1244
Original post by OmegaKaos
Everyone on here need to stop with the QQing.

If you did bad on a relatively easy, perhaps average difficulty paper, Then just be thankful you didn't get a hard one.

Obvious troll is obvious.
Original post by Mdma23
This is the third time I've done C4 and that's the best exam I've ever had, might be due to experience but I'm predicting high grade boundaries

fag
Reply 1246
For the last part of the vector question, was one triangle twice the area of the other or three times the area of the other?
Original post by Crackbes
For the last part of the vector question, was one triangle twice the area of the other or three times the area of the other?

Pretty sure it was three times :smile:
Seems unfair to me that some people get three chances at sitting the paper without having to resit a year and some of us (as it's our final exam) only get the one shot at it. But I suppose that's the advantage of going to a school that lets you do Maths in a year :/
Reply 1249
Just thought I'd share some thoughts on the C4 exam if anyone still cares...

I didn't think it was the easiest paper in the world.

1c was a rather sly question, and it was a bit harsh to put such a thing at the start of the paper.
Vector question wasn't the most horrible I have ever seen, but just takes a big chunk of your time to work out.
I quite liked the binomial expansion question.
Parametric equations question also wasn't so bad.
Question 7 was a bit weird.
Last question was fine, but I am now feeling paranoid that I should have added 3.65 to 4, as apparently 4 was the initial height. Oh well.

In general, I really had to work for the marks, which I never usually found to be the case with Core exams. I had to work as hard as I do in FP2 to get the thing finished in time. I think that was the main aspect, which made the paper seem harder than usual.

No idea how the grade boundaries are going to turn out. But I will bet money that it's not going to be 70 for an A* as one or two on here have suggested.
Reply 1250
Sorry this is a bit off topic, but is anyone doing the S2 paper on thursday?
Does anyone have the mark scheme for the January 2013 paper? Thanks:smile:
Reply 1251
Original post by ABaz
Just thought I'd share some thoughts on the C4 exam if anyone still cares...

I didn't think it was the easiest paper in the world.

1c was a rather sly question, and it was a bit harsh to put such a thing at the start of the paper.
Vector question wasn't the most horrible I have ever seen, but just takes a big chunk of your time to work out.
I quite liked the binomial expansion question.
Parametric equations question also wasn't so bad.
Question 7 was a bit weird.
Last question was fine, but I am now feeling paranoid that I should have added 3.65 to 4, as apparently 4 was the initial height. Oh well.

In general, I really had to work for the marks, which I never usually found to be the case with Core exams. I had to work as hard as I do in FP2 to get the thing finished in time. I think that was the main aspect, which made the paper seem harder than usual.

No idea how the grade boundaries are going to turn out. But I will bet money that it's not going to be 70 for an A* as one or two on here have suggested.

No, you did not need to add 4, 3.65 is the correct answer. :smile:
Reply 1252
Original post by bugsuper
Seems unfair to me that some people get three chances at sitting the paper without having to resit a year and some of us (as it's our final exam) only get the one shot at it. But I suppose that's the advantage of going to a school that lets you do Maths in a year :/

Did not know that. That is kind of bull****!
Original post by jiyongie
Sorry this is a bit off topic, but is anyone doing the S2 paper on thursday?
Does anyone have the mark scheme for the January 2013 paper? Thanks:smile:

I'm doing the s2 paper on thursday :smile:

This is the mark scheme for the Jan 13 paper (s2)
anyone have any ideas what raw mark will be required for about 55UMS? all I really need to guarantee me the A..

do feel like I completely ballsed up this paper though, even though it was much easier than the January one
Original post by Qwob
Did not know that. That is kind of bull****!

I suppose the counter-argument would be that those of us who take Further Maths AS in our Y12 year have the same number of opportunities to resit, should we need to - but I know a lot of people whose university offers require an A*, and the easiest A* for them to get is in ordinary Maths, so this is a preferable exam to have several shots at.

Taking Maths in a year also has the advantage that, if you do really well, you'll definitely get better Uni offers - applying with an A or A* at a-level in hand is pretty good.
also, in the unofficial markscheme, I cant see the question where you had to work out the value of k? was something like x^2y+4x-4y=k ...? something along those lines anyway, and think k was 32?
That sounds about right. That was for the parametric question, with the e^4x and so on powers
Tbh that paper wasn't that hard compared to Jan 13 it just takes longer to do it and it was easier to mess up but that's not fair because most of us had only one shot.. and I think many people did this exam and just cause 100 students on TSR got most of the marks that does not necessarily mean that the others who didnt answer here got it right or wrong..
I am happy for those who did well, I'm sure they worked really hard so they deserve it. I worked hard too but I guess I am not that clever I got around 56-59 I really need 85% or more uff..
But if I have to be honest I hope lots of people didn't do excellent so the grade boundary low I hoped 54 for an A
Reply 1259
Original post by Student Number 4
I'm doing the s2 paper on thursday :smile:

This is the mark scheme for the Jan 13 paper (s2)

How are you feeling for the exam?:biggrin:
And thank you!!

Latest

Trending

Trending