The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Chemistry C4C5C6 - 13/06/13

Scroll to see replies

how did everyone find it?
Original post by jannattulfirdaus
how did everyone find it?

I was dreading it as I just couldn't get my head around ionic equations :/ , but it was such a nice paper in my opinion anyway, i thought C6 was particulary easy and section D was nicer than the section D in biology. Only 1 ionic equations which i manged to do correctly i think ? It was the chlorine andode one ? I put 2Cl minus --> cl2+ 2e minus? did anymore else get this anwser? anyway yeah overall i thought it was a really nice paper,and if others agree probably will mean the grade boundries will be super high compared to last year. :frown: anyway good luck everyone
Didn't think it was too hard though disliked section D
anyone got a link to the physics forum? I can't find it :frown:
Original post by NatashaG
no I got that too!!

I got 0.08 for the concentration too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 506
Original post by vi0laa
I got 0.08 but some of my friends got 0.8.. judging by all of your results I guess we got it wrong :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 0.08 too - I can't actually remember but it sounds about right - just looked back at method and it was right way to do the question so hopefully we got it right :smile:
The precipitate question was quite bad. The boundaries are probably good to be a lot higher

Posted from TSR Mobile
This exam wasn't too bad but when I find an exam easy it usually means I've made simple mistakes lol :tongue:

I don't think the grade boundaries will necessary by high since there must of been people who found it difficult and didn't revise...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Was the precipitate qu a or d
What about for the electrolysis proportion question, I got that 1 and 3 doubled the time taken which doubled the mass, and 2 and 4 the current doubled so the mass also doubled, or something like that.
Reply 511
Does anyone know if you get a mark for saying just You thought precipitate was at group D then extra 2 marks for explnation?
Original post by john712
Does anyone know if you get a mark for saying just You thought precipitate was at group D then extra 2 marks for explnation?

I put D, with a bad explanation. So hopefully it's 1 mark for right letter and 2 for explanation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Grade boundaries predictions for bio/chem so far? :smile:
Original post by BP_Tranquility
Grade boundaries predictions for bio/chem so far? :smile:

Bio: 60 - A*
Chem: 62 - A*
Reply 515
to make things more simple . can any 1 remember all the questions .. and put up the answers .
Reply 516
Original post by vi0laa
Haha that made me laugh:') thank you, hope you do well too!

Ah what a weird coincidence! & good luck, I did mine last June - are you ready for it? & yay, seems as though 0.08 may be the correct answer afterall :smile:

Ready for my grade 5? Yeaaaahhhh, just another exam on another day, lol, no biggie :biggrin: but i was quite happy with the chemistry today!
Original post by Nn_a1
to make things more simple . can any 1 remember all the questions .. and put up the answers .

1. Complete the table [2]
2. Definition of an isotope [1]
3. Why do scientists tell others about their work [2]
4. ?
5. Draw a Chlorine dot and cross model
6. ?
Lol that's as far as I remember now
Reply 518
Where will the physics thread for this group of exams be?
Reply 519
For the dot and cross diagram did you have to transfer sodium to chloride so it got 8 on outershrll? And 2 sodiums to the chloride?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending