The Student Room Group

Law Unit 4 14th June 2013 (AQA)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Original post by freakchild
What does law mean?

John austin defined it to be a command issued by sovereign power to inferior and enforced by coersion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 521
Good luck everyone! Anyone else doing concepts first?
Reply 522
MORALS! How did everyone find it!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 523
So so glad morals came up! It was the only one I had revised.

Messed up so bad on property though :frown: :frown: :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 524
Original post by Zvxcb
So so glad morals came up! It was the only one I had revised.

Messed up so bad on property though :frown: :frown: :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! I had zero time so I was like stuff cases this is being made up.. But most of my class thought the same, oh well, 16 page novel later and law is done for me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 525
Original post by lharto
Same! I had zero time so I was like stuff cases this is being made up.. But most of my class thought the same, oh well, 16 page novel later and law is done for me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I wrote the right offences in the first place- doubted myself changed them and got them wrong! The scenarios were quite difficult compared to mocks I've done :frown: damn it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 526
For the second scenario 1st question I got theft, robbery, burglary, duress and 2nd question theft, fraud and obtaining services. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 527
Not a bad paper! I told you AQA is quite fair. Love you, AQA.

As predicted by many of us; morals, JC and (thankfully) fault came up!

Original post by lharto
For the second scenario 1st question I got theft, robbery, burglary, duress and 2nd question theft, fraud and obtaining services. :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

I also did the same questions and got the same points - but I'm sure I mentioned Criminal Damage.
Reply 528
Original post by Cryl

I also did the same questions and got the same points - but I'm sure I mentioned Criminal Damage.

Ahahah almost forgot! Yes I got CD from the bricks cracking

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 529
I thought that was a good exam.
Reply 530
Original post by lharto

Posted from TSR Mobile

Theft of what

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 531
Anyone do scenario one?
Reply 532
did u say he intended or was reckless to the CD
Reply 533
Original post by book worm
did u say he intended or was reckless to the CD

I said reckless. o.O
Reply 534
Original post by xxm
Anyone do scenario one?

I skimmed it but thought there was so little to write about it, as I could only identify one offence in the first paragraph: Blackmail! What did you find in it?
Reply 535
same here and did u say that he could not use duress
Reply 536
Original post by book worm
same here and did u say that he could not use duress

Yeah, how much detail did you go into duress? I briefly/ half-detailed mentioned the Graham test and concluded with Hassan and Sharp's decision that he could not (edit) get it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 537
Original post by Cryl
I skimmed it but thought there was so little to write about it, as I could only identify one offence in the first paragraph: Blackmail! What did you find in it?

There was loads! Theft of the letter, possible defence of intoxication and blackmail.

The second one I wrote about Burglary, Fraud- False rep and briefly Robbery

How did you find the exam?
Reply 538
Original post by xxm
There was loads! Theft of the letter, possible defence of intoxication and blackmail.

The second one I wrote about Burglary, Fraud- False rep and briefly Robbery

How did you find the exam?

Oooh. I see! I didn't really revise intox. so I steered clear, and I stopped reading it after the first paragraph. :tongue:

I liked it! The second scenario was great. Although, I feel pity for the examiner marking my exam - I started off with fault, so my hands started aching by the time I got to the scenario questions, so my writing became really messy and rushed. And some parts may confuse the examiner as I added stuff later on! E.g. I mentioned the AR and then the MR, and then I remembered something about the AR mentioned it.:facepalm: And to make matters worse, I had a wobbly table. (I did write a little apology note at the end :tongue:)
Reply 539
Original post by Cryl
Oooh. I see! I didn't really revise intox. so I steered clear, and I stopped reading it after the first paragraph. :tongue:

I liked it! The second scenario was great. Although, I feel pity for the examiner marking my exam - I started off with fault, so my hands started aching by the time I got to the scenario questions, so my writing became really messy and rushed. And some parts may confuse the examiner as I added stuff later on! E.g. I mentioned the AR and then the MR, and then I remembered something about the AR mentioned it.:facepalm: And to make matters worse, I had a wobbly table. (I did write a little apology note at the end :tongue:)

:tongue: I mentioned intoxication in just one sentence no need to go into detail. Overall though I was happy!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending