The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Implications Paper 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Donovan Is one of the easiest isn't he?

He's basically just religious experience, and intuition.
Reply 41
I always thought Donovan was one of the easiest as well, iBlueBox. I recall writing about intuition and pizza in my mock essay, and getting an A for it... All in all, I'm looking forward to the exam tomorrow, regardless of who comes up. I've not done an awful lot of revision, but for this exam there's not really much to revise. So long as you understand the arguments, the rest is just explaining in depth and thinking up some potential implications.

I'm sure everyone will do just fine. If it turns out I mess it all up, I only want to play drums at university anyway. I'm all set!
Reply 42
Original post by iBlueBox
Donovan Is one of the easiest isn't he?

He's basically just religious experience, and intuition.

Yeah, but he is also one of the longest, so there is a bigger selection of excepts they could choose, and it's harder to link to other texts without sounding like you are going off on a random tangent.
Westphal and Ayer are smaller and follow more of a clear pathway than Donovan - His text is more of a selections of different experiences stuck together.
Reply 43
Original post by Flib
I always thought Donovan was one of the easiest as well, iBlueBox. I recall writing about intuition and pizza in my mock essay, and getting an A for it... All in all, I'm looking forward to the exam tomorrow, regardless of who comes up. I've not done an awful lot of revision, but for this exam there's not really much to revise. So long as you understand the arguments, the rest is just explaining in depth and thinking up some potential implications.

I'm sure everyone will do just fine. If it turns out I mess it all up, I only want to play drums at university anyway. I'm all set!

I think the key lies in sounding like you know what you are talking about, as well as making sure you answer the actual except, which is a bit harder with Donovan since his text is longer than Ayer's.
Reply 44
Original post by KOWessex
I think the key lies in sounding like you know what you are talking about, as well as making sure you answer the actual except, which is a bit harder with Donovan since his text is longer than Ayer's.

Yes, without a doubt. Although 'sounding like you know what you are talking about' isn't actually too difficult in philosophy. Throw in a few names, and a couple of smart words, and you'll do just fine. You really just need to be opinionated; that's what I've found, at least.
Reply 45
Original post by Flib
Yes, without a doubt. Although 'sounding like you know what you are talking about' isn't actually too difficult in philosophy. Throw in a few names, and a couple of smart words, and you'll do just fine. You really just need to be opinionated; that's what I've found, at least.

Although not so much on the opinions in part a! I read the examiners report and they were talking about how many people tried to mix mix them together and they didn't seem to like it much!
Reply 46
Original post by KOWessex
Although not so much on the opinions in part a! I read the examiners report and they were talking about how many people tried to mix mix them together and they didn't seem to like it much!

Yes, sorry for not being more specific! Having opinions is definitely beneficial for the part b, is what I was getting at!
Reply 47
The day is here, the hour is upon us...almost.

On a scale of 1-10, how f*cked are you?
Reply 48
Original post by remrod
The day is here, the hour is upon us...almost.

On a scale of 1-10, how f*cked are you?

Reply 49
**** yeah.

That is all.
Reply 50
So how do we think we done? Personally, I think I kicked that exam's arse. It was Ayer, and the design argument was the key bit of the passage I thought. Wrote about nine sides all in all, finished just in time, think I got the proportions of part a and b and the conclusion perfectly. Very happy, should easily get my c, think I'll have hit well into b

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last exam is done, 3 months of freedom
(edited 10 years ago)
Aren't we not meant to not talk about this yet?
Original post by Sherlockedd
Aren't we not meant to not talk about this yet?

Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't there like a thing with edexcel where you can only talk about the paper a set amount of time after it? Or is that a different board? :L
Reply 55
Yeah, no discussion of the exam yet, on pain of a dissaproving look from Edexcel.
For Edexcel: for morning exams, please wait until midnight (UK time) before starting any discussions. For afternoon exams, wait until 4:30 am (UK time).

From the exam guideline thing of TSR
Isn't there like a thing with edexcel where you can only talk about the paper a set amount of time after it? Or is that a different board? :L

Ooh that's interesting and odd! I thought they wouldn't care!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Jackhayes74
Oh Jesus.. just edited my post, I thought that all exam boards didn't care once the exam was finished. Lets just say I'm happier about finishing my exams than I thought I would be this morning... That may just be due to the fact that I've spent all afternoon in the pub spending my pay cheque!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I read through the exammy things before writing anything in Jan. And I've still got two exams left :/
Yeah I read through the exammy things before writing anything in Jan. And I've still got two exams left :/

This is the first exam period I've been on TSR, I only joined to get help from others for the exam today! And aw no! What exams are they?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending