The Student Room Group

OCR A-level Religious Studies Paper 3 (Christianity) - 20th June 2024 [Exam Chat]

OCR A-level Religious Studies Paper 3: Developments in Christian Thought (H573/03) - 20th June 2024 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam.
Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 20th June 2024 AM
Length: 2h

Good luck!
Click here to find exam discussions for other A-level subjects

Hi, I'm flowersinmyhair! I'm aiming for an A in RS. The Christianity side of the course has had some of my favourite debates in the course - especially about secularism.
Hey does anyone know what the questions for RS were last year?
Reply 3
Original post by poopoopooopoo
Hey does anyone know what the questions for RS were last year?

Yes but I would not try to predict topics if I were you. I remember one year they repeated 3 of the same topics from the previous year! OCR are unpredictable imo.
Reply 4
Original post by flowersinmyhair
Hi, I'm flowersinmyhair! I'm aiming for an A in RS. The Christianity side of the course has had some of my favourite debates in the course - especially about secularism.
Hi I’m really struggling at DCT I don’t have teachers to put me through and I’m really struggling to plan essays and all what do you think I can do since you love the course more
I’m only manageable at
Augustine
Knowledge of God
Pluralism and theology
But the rest I’m quite weak
Reply 5

I’m aiming for an A too but I don’t even have knowledge of a C can u write a model paragraph on an essay on secularism???
Original post by Feivur
Hi I’m really struggling at DCT I don’t have teachers to put me through and I’m really struggling to plan essays and all what do you think I can do since you love the course more
I’m only manageable at
Augustine
Knowledge of God
Pluralism and theology
But the rest I’m quite weak
The paper isn't until 20th June so you still have time to work on your weaker areas. I personally find the Oxford A level Religious Studies for OCR revision guide very useful so it may be worth looking at getting that.
I usually revise through making mind maps and then turning the mind maps into flashcards which I can revise from.
If you are going to skip revising one topic I would say skip Christian Moral Action as it is very wordy, and you need to remember a lot of historical context as well.
If you have any more questions please ask me :smile:
Reply 7
The paper isn't until 20th June so you still have time to work on your weaker areas. I personally find the Oxford A level Religious Studies for OCR revision guide very useful so it may be worth looking at getting that.
I usually revise through making mind maps and then turning the mind maps into flashcards which I can revise from.
If you are going to skip revising one topic I would say skip Christian Moral Action as it is very wordy, and you need to remember a lot of historical context as well.
If you have any more questions please ask me :smile:

Historical context is not so important for bonhoeffer - you really get marks for evaluating his theological ideas ! (views on relationship between church & state / cheap vs costly grace / knowing God's will).

Personally I wouldn't skip anything. It's not a crazy idea - but overall it's not a good one.

This is because - what if the topic you skipped comes up - but also a hard question or one you don't like comes up for another topic...? You could just learn all the other ones really well - but then you are doing MORE work on the other topics to save for the work you haven't done by skipping a topic...? That doesn't work out well overall since there are many other topics!

I remade my summary notes for Bonhoeffer recently - in full essay paragraph format - which is also how revision should be focused: https://alevelphilosophyandreligion.com/ocr-religious-studies/ocr-christianity/christian-moral-action/bonhoeffer-summary-notes/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending