The Student Room Group

A-level Philosophy Study Group 2023-2024

:hello: Welcome to the A-level Philosophy Study Group! :hello:

This is where you can chat with other students studying the same subjects as you and support each other as you head towards your exams :grouphugs:

You can post any useful tips and resources that you come across, offer support to others, share your successes, or just have moan when it gets tough! :yes:

Just remember, it’s against the site rules to ask for or offer any copyrighted papers, or to take conversations off-site to do these things. Posts that break these rules will be removed.

A few possible ice breaker questions are:

What exam board are you with?
What do you enjoy most about this subject/ course?
What area do you struggle with in this subject/ course?

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yeah:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hey I got an A*, i used the notes from this website :smile:, if anyone needs help let me know

https://www.stuvia.com/doc/2751386/applied-ethics-exam-bundle
Reply 2
Original post by medictutor
hey I got an A*, i used the notes from this website :smile:, if anyone needs help let me know

are you in your second year?
Reply 3

Thank you! <3
Reply 4
Original post by Anisa2025
are you in your second year?

finished alevels and are nw in uni
Reply 5

hi there, it's my first year studying philosophy a level, im struggling with the innatism and kants deontoligics and how to evaluate in essays properly. i would be so grateful if you could give any advice or help!
Original post by ricky.s

hi there, it's my first year studying philosophy a level, im struggling with the innatism and kants deontoligics and how to evaluate in essays properly. i would be so grateful if you could give any advice or help!

which exam board are you?
Reply 7
Original post by funny-liquid
which exam board are you?

aqa and you?
Original post by ricky.s

aqa and you?

eduqas! very random one and i hate the exam board itself but the essays are great ngl
Reply 9
Original post by ricky.s

ahh no problem, dm me I can send some of my essays for you!!
Does anyone have any examples of how their teachers mark their work- I've been getting A*s in MOCKs, and so have a few other people in my class, but when I look at my college's % of how many got A and above in the real thing last year the number is quite low and makes me think my teachers overmark. I want to cross reference how my teacher marks with someone else- thanks!
Exam Board- AQA
Philosophy
Original post by flabbycasper
Does anyone have any examples of how their teachers mark their work- I've been getting A*s in MOCKs, and so have a few other people in my class, but when I look at my college's % of how many got A and above in the real thing last year the number is quite low and makes me think my teachers overmark. I want to cross reference how my teacher marks with someone else- thanks!
Exam Board- AQA
Philosophy
This is exactly the same thing with my school I do eduqas eventhough I do well in RS hardly anyone every gets an A* in the real thing I don't understand why , perhaps the examiners are strict or subjective?Now I'm stressing that teachers are lenient markers or there is something I'm missing
ahh no problem, dm me I can send some of my essays for you!!
Is its possible if I can get some of of your essays aswell ? Thank you
I do eduqas
Original post by Melissa6789#
This is exactly the same thing with my school I do eduqas eventhough I do well in RS hardly anyone every gets an A* in the real thing I don't understand why , perhaps the examiners are strict or subjective?Now I'm stressing that teachers are lenient markers or there is something I'm missing

me too! i do eduqas and i thought the exams were really easy, but it seems like maybe the markers are a bit more lenient at school. to be fair though, a lot of my class does badly because it’s seen as an easy alevel, so perhaps when it gets to the real thing, people just don’t try so there are a lower proportion of people getting a*s
Is its possible if I can get some of of your essays aswell ? Thank you
I do eduqas

im pretty sure aqa has pretty different exams to eduqas, so i could send you some of mine if you like
me too! i do eduqas and i thought the exams were really easy, but it seems like maybe the markers are a bit more lenient at school. to be fair though, a lot of my class does badly because it’s seen as an easy alevel, so perhaps when it gets to the real thing, people just don’t try so there are a lower proportion of people getting a*s
I literally i remember ny RS teachers gloating about how happy they were with the islam and philosophy questions in 2023 and only 1 person got an A* after getting it remarked. Im trying to find resources for eduqas and this exam Board isn't the best I can't seem to find model answers from past A* students . Your probably right most people see RS as an easy subject and this was the reason I picked it because I need something lighter to balance out bio and chem . The grade boundaries are also really high to be fair so that maybe is another reason .
Good Luck with ur exams
im pretty sure aqa has pretty different exams to eduqas, so i could send you some of mine if you like
Yeah that would be great . THANK U SO MUCH!
I literally i remember ny RS teachers gloating about how happy they were with the islam and philosophy questions in 2023 and only 1 person got an A* after getting it remarked. Im trying to find resources for eduqas and this exam Board isn't the best I can't seem to find model answers from past A* students . Your probably right most people see RS as an easy subject and this was the reason I picked it because I need something lighter to balance out bio and chem . The grade boundaries are also really high to be fair so that maybe is another reason .
Good Luck with ur exams

we had one a* last year, but also one E, so that doesn’t provide much in terms of whether people did well or not 🤷 most people got bs, and i think my class at the moment is either a or b, so i can’t tell whether that means we are getting higher marks than we should be
Hi I am doing ALEVEL RS and currently in y13 I am doing AQA Rs and wanted to ask does anyone know how to structure the essays or does anyone have any exemplar essays that I can have a look at. I like revising the content but my structure of my essays aren’t always great and would appreciate if anyone has any tips on structuring essays
Thank you
Reply 19
Any predicitions for paper 1 25 marker?
Epistemology: one in the perception topic i think
Moral philosophy: not sure since they have all been done

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending