The Student Room Group

Gcse aqa rs

Is anyone able to help write a model answer for this question?
Its AQA GCSE Christianity Beliefs

The crucifixion is more important to Christians than the resurrection.’ [12 Mark]

Refer to Christian teachings, scriptures and writings

Give 3 developed arguments to support this statement

Give 3 developed arguments to support a different point of view

Reach a justified conclusion
Reply 1
Original post by li4l.3

The crucifixion is more important to Christians than the resurrection.’ [12 Mark]

find out yourself
Reply 2
Original post by li4l.3

I'm not sure exactly how to structure the question, however I would say that the crucifixion is more important than the resurrection for many Christians for multiple reasons. The main reason is it being the act of dying for our sins. The crucifixion represents the sacrifices Jesus made in order to redeem us, which provides basically the basis of Christianity. Furthermore, the crucifixion is a great example of how God humbled Himself and became man. It represents the hardships to which He subjected Himself and many times He had the opportunity to save Himself from this fate, yet He denied these opportunities in order to complete His task out of love for His people. (Luke 23 v 35-37). The resurrection is also very significant as it proved to many that Jesus was the son of God and 'kickstarted' the events in Acts, (Acts 1 v 4-5) in which the ministry is spread by the Apostles. Without the resurrection, it is unlikely Jesus would be deemed as the saviour and would instead be regarded as a prophet or a blasphemous criminal (depending on your point of view). (Luke 24 v 19) (John 18 v 30) However, the crucifixion is often the main focus of services.
This is all my personal belief and interpretation of the scriptures, I am not too well versed, there are probably better examples than the ones I have given, but i am still learning. However I am confident in the knowledge of those around me from whom I have learnt much. Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending