The Student Room Group

Law Unit 4 14th June 2013 (AQA)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Original post by BrentfordFan
No more law until uni now!!

The Doncaster game was the lowest i've ever felt as Brentford fan!! Wembley was just a good day out with a bad ending (again... 6th time out of 6 we've lost at Wembley).

In terms of Forrester, on his day he will rip any defence apart, Ivanovic couldn't deal with him when we played Chelsea. He ended the season badly though, became too cocky.. Needs to learn when to pass!! His future is being discussed with the management on Monday so we'll know more by then... will be sad to see him leave though!!

Where are you studying? I was going to study at the University of East Anglia (Norwich (ironic I know being an Ipswich fan lol but they wanted AAB) or Bournmouth (ABB) but have now decided to not go, maybe next year and instead try and find an apprenticeship in law or accountancy for a year or so and then apply for next year.

Genuinely felt so gutted for the Brentford fans, such a cruel ending to such a good year. Yeah heard some positive things about Forrester so wouldn't mind signing him up as our midfield especially attacking wise was abysmal last year to say the least. But under super Mick we trust! Had a season ticket for the last three years and have to say under Jewell last year was the worst I've ever seen, played like a league two team so we were lucky not to get relegated!
Original post by BeggyBoy
Where are you studying? I was going to study at the University of East Anglia (Norwich (ironic I know being an Ipswich fan lol but they wanted AAB) or Bournmouth (ABB) but have now decided to not go, maybe next year and instead try and find an apprenticeship in law or accountancy for a year or so and then apply for next year.

Genuinely felt so gutted for the Brentford fans, such a cruel ending to such a good year. Yeah heard some positive things about Forrester so wouldn't mind signing him up as our midfield especially attacking wise was abysmal last year to say the least. But under super Mick we trust! Had a season ticket for the last three years and have to say under Jewell last year was the worst I've ever seen, played like a league two team so we were lucky not to get relegated!

Well my firm is Exeter (AAA) however, my exams didn't go perfectly so I'm not convinced i'll get that as I was kind of hoping for an A* in law but there is no chance of that now. My insurance, ironically, is East Anglia... Shame you're not still intending to go there!!

We'll miss Forrester, although he needs to sort his ego out if he intends to make it in the Championship!! In honesty, when I saw you, you looked abysmal, but the league doesn't lie and you were good enough to stay up!! I'm a Brentford season ticket holder and it was the best year I've had supporting them, just a shame about the ending. Had some great away days that I'd like to do again next year though (Notts, Swindon, Sheff Utd etc.)
Reply 642
Original post by BrentfordFan
Well my firm is Exeter (AAA) however, my exams didn't go perfectly so I'm not convinced i'll get that as I was kind of hoping for an A* in law but there is no chance of that now. My insurance, ironically, is East Anglia... Shame you're not still intending to go there!!

We'll miss Forrester, although he needs to sort his ego out if he intends to make it in the Championship!! In honesty, when I saw you, you looked abysmal, but the league doesn't lie and you were good enough to stay up!! I'm a Brentford season ticket holder and it was the best year I've had supporting them, just a shame about the ending. Had some great away days that I'd like to do again next year though (Notts, Swindon, Sheff Utd etc.)

Well there is still a possibility I will go there next season so I'll have to hit you up on here or facebook :wink:

Not even joking I was ashamed to be an Ipswich fan last year, watching utter rubbish every week, but thankfully, with a sturdy defence and successful transfer market (if we sell cresswell to a prem team for 4 million) we might be able to push for play offs. Well one can only hope :colondollar: Hopefully karma will go your way next year and you'll gain automatic :wink:
Reply 643
Original post by xxm
How did you find it?

I think it would have gone perfectly if I had more time. I dint get to finish my law and morals essay, not didi i get to write about criminal damage basic offence and aggravated criminal damnage in the second question i knew my stuff its just time i needed so not so good really.I hope yours went well
Reply 644
Original post by hyenas.ma
thats funny because i spotted fraud by false rep and burglary and i only spotted criminal damage when i nearly finished completing Burglary

fairplay haha, i spotted that he was being dishonest but had a bit of a brain fart and thought "maybe it's Theft", then read it again and it clicked that it was Fraud :smile:
I thought the questions on this exam were a godsend! I did scenario 2 of tort, (I felt like I was the only law student in my college who actually enjoys tort law haha) and I decided to do the law and morality concepts question which I was almost praying for when waiting to start (if law and fault had come up only out of the 3 I'd studied I'd probably have clawed my eyes with my pen!) in my opinion I really enjoyed it overall :smile:
Reply 646
Where was aggravated criminal damage?
I asked my teacher about scenario 2 and she said :

The first paragraph was duress (normal but consider gangs), burglary 9 (1) (a) and either robbery or 9 (1) (b) burglary in relation to the push on Bob

The second and third paragraphs were criminal damage, lawful excuse and either fraud by false rep/obtaining service dishonestly in relation to the window cleaning :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 647
Not sure if it is relevant to anyone not continuing law but anyone that reads this and needs help with tortious law, I found a really useful website to help with my studies which also had an extremely useful Youtube channel explaining each element such as the OLA 57 which actually really helped understanding different aspects of the law.
The website was www.thelawbank.co.uk and the Youtube channel if you have trouble finding it through the website is available if you just type into Youtube TheLawBank (all as one word)
Hope this helps.
Reply 648
Original post by Zvxcb
Where was aggravated criminal damage?
I asked my teacher about scenario 2 and she said :

The first paragraph was duress (normal but consider gangs), burglary 9 (1) (a) and either robbery or 9 (1) (b) burglary in relation to the push on Bob

The second and third paragraphs were criminal damage, lawful excuse and either fraud by false rep/obtaining service dishonestly in relation to the window cleaning :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quite happy; I put all of that but I mentioned theft as well as I used it to explain robbery.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not sure if it is relevant to anyone not continuing law but anyone that reads this and needs help with tortious law, I found a really useful website to help with my studies which also had an extremely useful Youtube channel explaining each element such as the OLA 57 which actually really helped understanding different aspects of the law.
The website was www.thelawbank.co.uk and the Youtube channel if you have trouble finding it through the website is available if you just type into Youtube TheLawBank (all as one word)
Hope this helps.

Wow I used that youtube channel as well! I sometimes preferred it to the book I had because it broke it down bit by bit, and the way he summarises each topic is really helpful when trying to work out the sequential order of answering a question!
Didn't know he had a website though? I'll have to have a look,
thanks for that :smile:
Reply 650
Original post by MattTuck3r
Wow I used that youtube channel as well! I sometimes preferred it to the book I had because it broke it down bit by bit, and the way he summarises each topic is really helpful when trying to work out the sequential order of answering a question!
Didn't know he had a website though? I'll have to have a look,
thanks for that :smile:

You're welcome Matthew. It was really beneficial to the unit 4 exam as you quite rightly said, the videos helped put the topic in an understandable and attainable way to allow me to answer a question in the right way. Also on the website, he has made powerpoint presentations which are equally as important with the explanation of case law too.
I am glad someone else was able to benefit from this resource too!
You're welcome Matthew. It was really beneficial to the unit 4 exam as you quite rightly said, the videos helped put the topic in an understandable and attainable way to allow me to answer a question in the right way. Also on the website, he has made powerpoint presentations which are equally as important with the explanation of case law too.
I am glad someone else was able to benefit from this resource too!

Ah wow good guess on the name! I found the youtube channel just before the Unit 3 exam in January and used it for a majority of Unit 4, it did really help me as well almost like having an extra lesson a week!

I had a look at the website a few minutes ago, I wish I'd found it much earlier the case law slides would have been great to transfer into flashcards. But they're so extensive!
Reply 652
Hi,

If any of you are looking to study Law in the future or are simply interested in various aspects of it then please do take a look at this!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2395698

Thank you!
How did everyone do? I got a B overall.

95/100 in this exam though :biggrin:
Reply 654
I got an A overall

Same I got 95/100 on the exam too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I needed 96/100 for an A so a bit gutting but it is still brilliant.
Reply 656
I was 1 mark off an A overall sooooo annoying!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by *Sierra*
I was 1 mark off an A overall sooooo annoying!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, got 319.
Got 100 on this one so pretty chuffed :biggrin:
Reply 659
95/100 on this one. A overall too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending