The Student Room Group

OCR C4 (not mei) 18th June 2013 revision

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
THAT EXAM SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE THAN AN HOUR AND A HALF! Didn't have time to freaking think! ugh
Original post by Maid Marian
What did people get for the angle BAC or whatever it was?

At first I got 8. something, then I scribbled it out and had a three digit number with a 1 and 7 in it.

I got thirty something... Some people got 171, but that doesn't make sense to me, because it's a triangle :s
Original post by a10
9.33 for the volume :biggrin:

30. something for the Differential Eq :biggrin:

Yes thats whay i got for the volume... glad i know i got something right.
Original post by wandi
THAT EXAM SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE THAN AN HOUR AND A HALF! Didn't have time to freaking think! ugh

Yeah I struggled with the timing on this one. I usually have lots of time left at the end in maths exams, but I didn't today :s-smilie:
Original post by louise_234
i put minimum but not sure, i worked out the gradient a point next to it and the gradient increased :s

PI put point of inflection :frown:

At first I got 8. something, then I scribbled it out and had a three digit number with a 1 and 7 in it.

Yeah I got something like that. 171.3 or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's what I did, but apparently it's not right and I didn't think it could be right either because it was worth 5 marks :s-smilie:

You had to divide it by 2 (dy/dx of 2x)
Original post by Croydon'Stepper
I got thirty something... Some people got 171, but that doesn't make sense to me, because it's a triangle :s

Hmm. Yeah I think 171 was what I got, but exactly how could that be right!

I just don't know ...
Original post by AlesanaWill
No there should be 3. I plotted it on a graphical calculator and there were 3.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I hope you're right. I can't see why there wouldn't be three?

I got 8.something.

You did it again and got the negative. Both are right, because if you think, when two lines meet there is always an obtuse and acute angle. They didn't specify which they wanted, so mark schemes always allow both.

The only problem is which one is used in the volume equation, and I'm not sure about that one
Original post by AlesanaWill
Yeah I got something like that. 171.3 or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Didn't it say acute angle, which would be 180-your answer? I put both down just in case
Original post by ActaNonVerba
You had to divide it by 2 (dy/dx of 2x)

I don't understand that? :frown: I don't understand why you have to divide by 2...
Isnt it slightly unfair people can plot the graphs using theirs calculators during the exam? :| "pay £80 and get a slight advantage. " Meh.
Reply 473
for the tan question my final integral was

2ln(2sec2(x))-2ln(2- sec^2(x))

and I subbed in values wrong for the first part so I ended up with

(2ln2/3)+2ln(6+4root3) (-2 ln 2/3) + -2ln(-6+4root 3)

can someone confirm whether they the -6+4 root 3 part?
Original post by metabalo
for question 8i) i got:
i)50r^0.5 = 9t + 105

anyone else get this or did i completely mess itup?

I got something with r^(3/2) in it.
I can see grade boundaries dropping to about 50 for an A (52 is the lowest it's ever dropped)
Reply 476
Original post by Croydon'Stepper

I got 8.68
Original post by Holz888
I got 8.something.

You did it again and got the negative. Both are right, because if you think, when two lines meet there is always an obtuse and acute angle. They didn't specify which they wanted, so mark schemes always allow both.

The only problem is which one is used in the volume equation, and I'm not sure about that one

Aaaah. So they were both right. I used the 171 for the volume, but I think that's wrong.
Original post by Holz888
I got 8.something.

It's the 171 I think for volume to use the 1/2 ab sin C formula. It helped to draw a diagram.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vip3rgt9
I got something with r^(3/2) in it.

You're right

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending