The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS 4 - Corporate Culture Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
Original post by nadster
Hmm strategies, missions, aims and objectives, impact of technological changes, legislation, government intervention etc (:
Don't just name drop, make sure you include facts and figures and properly apply any examples you include. That way you'll max your app marks

competitive environment?
Reply 901
Original post by iggyDash
competitive environment?

I don't entirely understand what people mean when they say competitive environment... Are you referring to saturated markets? Ways of differentiating from competition?
Original post by CubePL
I disagree with you. I think that that the leadership approach Jobs used is lassez-faire/democratic. Even though, yes, decision-making was centralised, the workers in the company had some freedom and innovation was encouraged.

i would say that of course Apple has an innovative culture but untimately it is a task culture according to handy right?! because the employees were encouraged to try things and create products but at the end of the day it all just led back to Steve Jobs and his senior execs
Reply 903
Original post by jenny135jj
i would say that of course Apple has an innovative culture but untimately it is a task culture according to handy right?! because the employees were encouraged to try things and create products but at the end of the day it all just led back to Steve Jobs and his senior execs

i mean..
assessing the effects of changes in competitive
structure
evaluating responses of businesses to a changing competitive environment.
Reply 904
examples of corporate social responsibility
Reply 905
Original post by nadster
Me too!!! Tutor2u have a lot of awesome research stuff on retrenchment

Yupp if no one has used Tutor2u then your missing out on amazing examples and ways to get a high grade in business unit 4. Ive started my revision yesterday and tutor2u has been a revelation; an answer to my prayers haha :biggrin:
For Section A its says we need to include "two examples" from the case study to maximise application, does this mean two separate paragraphs or do we just include it in our answers?
Reply 907
Original post by zeb123
Starbucks and Tesco are showing that retrenchment is the best strategy to use

Nokia to an extent is the same however you can say technological firms such as Nokia should develop new products instead of cutting too much, Nokia new Lumia is having good sales so its improving

Sony are cutting back and changing their business strategy and focus, they have developed the new PS4 which has had good pre-orders and is expected to have good sales so you can argue, yes retrenchment may work however they should also develop new ideas and change the culture, strategy to still be successful

I dont know if it would get you any additional marks for adding that Nokia are so behind that they only sold 1 million in their first quarter whereas Samsung sold 10 million Galaxy S4's in first month and Apple sold 5 million units in 3 days
Original post by iggyDash
i mean..
assessing the effects of changes in competitive
structure
evaluating responses of businesses to a changing competitive environment.

For Section A its says we need to include "two examples" from the case study to maximise application, does this mean two separate paragraphs or do we just include it in our answers?
Original post by peter24601

you don't have to base a point on it, just mention it twice in support
Is 25 case studies too many?? I'm so indecisive I can't cut them down any more!
Original post by GeorgiaS94

How do you have so many?!! :frown: :frown: I'm really worrying, I need to egt 33/40 on each esay to get an A overall in Business :frown:
Original post by GeorgiaS94

definitely! i'd say cut them down to ones you could use in multiple questions.
Reply 913
Original post by peter24601

Noooo don't write two separate paragraphs on the case study! Just refer to it at least twice :smile:
Reply 914
examples of organic growth and external growth. anyone have any usefull links or notes on this please?
Reply 915
Original post by Kemz
examples of corporate social responsibility

M&S and unilever with their project Shakti and long term investment. Co-op group and apple with their supplier audit. Bad corporate social responsibility examples are Nestle and BP & Shell
I'd almost go as far as saying i'm confident now...
Reply 917
Do you guys have any examples of companies which used GOOD contingency planning and avoided losses?
Reply 918
Can someone please tell me what they've got in terms of notes (Only briefly) on Royal Mail and Moya Green, struggling!!
Reply 919
Original post by CGEEZ_95
Can someone please tell me what they've got in terms of notes (Only briefly) on Royal Mail and Moya Green, struggling!!

Me too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending