The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS 4 - Corporate Culture Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
Has anyone got a list for 'depends on' points?
Reply 921
looking at CSR now and wondering if anyone had any notes on BP they could share? would be extremely grateful
Reply 922
Is there an example of where new leadership to change a weak culture has failed, making it worse than the original?
Original post by Hunty27
Is there an example of where new leadership to change a weak culture has failed, making it worse than the original?

JC Penny. When Ron Johnson took over, teacher gave me stuff so i imagine it's all accessible online
Reply 924
Original post by rubix1
Has anyone got a list for 'depends on' points?

The list of depends on points are all the other sections in the syllabus, just chuck it in! :smile:
Original post by CGEEZ_95
Can someone please tell me what they've got in terms of notes (Only briefly) on Royal Mail and Moya Green, struggling!!

Original post by rubix1
Me too!

Hopefully this will be of some help, although there isn't much theory here, just research:

-CEO Moya Greene replacing Adam Crozier in 2010.
-Royal Mail chairman Donald Brydon said Ms Greene would bring “energy, clear thinking and a proven leadership track record” to the role.
-The chief executive said she had no plans to leave after privatisation. “I am absolutely proud to lead the Royal Mail and I will stay as long as shareholders think I am contributing something to the company”
-Industrial action - CWU accused Royal Mail of capping benefits to help privatisation plan
-Movement from letters to parcels due to demand (Ansoff's matrix maybe?)
-Increase in operating profit from £152 million to £440 million in 2013
-Move to privatisation is in 2013/14.
-96% of staff voted against privatisation.
Reply 926
Original post by Spencer.G
looking at CSR now and wondering if anyone had any notes on BP they could share? would be extremely grateful

BP Safety culture.doc
Please could someone list the names of the businesses they have used for each bullet point! Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 928
Thx that's a good example :smile:, is it basically he changed the company's external outlook and brand which did not fit the culture. :smile:
Reply 929
Original post by LukeKnights
Hopefully this will be of some help, although there isn't much theory here, just research:

-CEO Moya Greene replacing Adam Crozier in 2010.
-Royal Mail chairman Donald Brydon said Ms Greene would bring “energy, clear thinking and a proven leadership track record” to the role.
-The chief executive said she had no plans to leave after privatisation. “I am absolutely proud to lead the Royal Mail and I will stay as long as shareholders think I am contributing something to the company”
-Industrial action - CWU accused Royal Mail of capping benefits to help privatisation plan
-Movement from letters to parcels due to demand (Ansoff's matrix maybe?)
-Increase in operating profit from £152 million to £440 million in 2013
-Move to privatisation is in 2013/14.
-96% of staff voted against privatisation.

That's great, thanks!
Has anyone got notes on Sony and their culture and all the Hirai hype?

Tah
Reply 931

thats great! thanks so much :smile:
Reply 932
Can somebody say when retrechment had been BAD?

I have Royal mail, Tesco/fresh and easy and Nokia, but they all seem to have benefited from it
Original post by james2557

I have Royal mail, Tesco/fresh and easy and Nokia, but they all seem to have benefited from it

Sony.. wasn't bad but didn't meet targets. Hirai made a promise that within the first year he would make the Consumer Electronics division profitable but didn't after major retrenchment http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/business-studies/comments/strategy-kazou-hirai-and-the-forgone-bonuses
sorry if this has been asked/answered.

Does anyone have an examples of companies which have benefited from corporate planning and those which havent!!!!!

PLEASE HEEEELPPP!!
Original post by shannonsnelling
sorry if this has been asked/answered.

Does anyone have an examples of companies which have benefited from corporate planning and those which havent!!!!!

PLEASE HEEEELPPP!!

I second this question lol, need some application for corporate planning. I know Nokia is an example of where it hasn't gone so well, but would not be able to apply it any further than that.
Original post by james2557

Could anyone help me with why Nokia's retrenchment worked? Like some figures to back it up! tah
Reply 937
Original post by snowster
I'd almost go as far as saying i'm confident now...

Even section b? what and how many examples have you got for it
Original post by LukeKnights
I second this question lol, need some application for corporate planning. I know Nokia is an example of where it hasn't gone so well, but would not be able to apply it any further than that.

What did nokia do?!! I can't find anything anywhere:frown:
Original post by shannonsnelling
What did nokia do?!! I can't find anything anywhere:frown:

Something to do with their 'planning' meant they missed out on the smartphone market, thus losing 20% market share to Apple etc. That's all I'm aware of, so yeah;

​Anyone have ANY research on corporate planning?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending