The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS 4 - Corporate Culture Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by andyjack94
definitely!

Oh okay. Thanks :biggrin:
What are you (or anyone else) doing about legislation/government questions? :P I'm not confident on those...
Reply 981
Do you need to do any reasech for section B? Or does section A reseach cover that?
Original post by Moj
Oh okay. Thanks :biggrin:
What are you (or anyone else) doing about legislation/government questions? :P I'm not confident on those...

haven't really revised it, so personally would just avoid it and go for another question hahaha
what kind of stuff is everyone revising for globalisation? not really sure what questions could come up about it
Anyone list some good examples for;
Corporate Planning
Leadership
Emerging Markets
what kind of stuff is everyone revising for globalisation? not really sure what questions could come up about it

Ive done for globalisation
Who has benefitted
Who has suffered
Effects on CSR
Original post by YoloPirate
Yep you need 96% I think :smile:

Correct (assuming unit 3 and 4 are both out of 100).

Original post by CubePL
You can't. To get an A* you need 320UMS or above overall with 90UMS on both A2 units. Sorry to destroy your dreams! :biggrin:

Wrong. You need 180 UMS across both A2 units.
Reply 987
Cheers lad! what other examples you got for contingency planning?

BP failure to plan for oil spillage in the Gulf of Mexico in April 2010 which led to loss in share prices and the 'millenium bug' costly hoax which made many firms invest in contingency planning which was not needed (can use this as a point against contingency planning) :biggrin:
Also, what would be flip side of culture as a competitve advantage? Like i would normally explain other competitive advantages but culture brings out those advantages already if you get me...
Also, what would be flip side of culture as a competitve advantage? Like i would normally explain other competitive advantages but culture brings out those advantages already if you get me...

Do you mean the drawbacks of culture? Or what other factors contribute towards a competitive advantage?
Reply 990
Original post by Nilie
could anyone give me an example of a weak culture?? not a bad one (unsuccessful, wasteful etc) but a WEAK one.... thanks

xx

Kodak has a weak culture due to their inconsistent leadership as they changed CEO several times.
Reply 991

Barclays, their sub-culture overcame the business itself and changed the culture completely into being profit-mad which compromised their ethics but made substantial profit in the short-term but ruined their reputation long term and left them with fines of £290M, the loss of customer trust and repayments of billions ( as heard on the PPI adverts)
Original post by LukeKnights
Anyone list some good examples for;
Corporate Planning
Leadership
Emerging Markets

For Leadership use, Vogue - Anna Wintour, RBS - Fred Goodwin, Google - Larry Page or Starbucks - Howard Shultz .. For Emerging Markets - Mothercare in India are a good example

Maybe how a culture can completely bring down an organisation, for example a weak one like Goldman Sachs, incredibly self destructive.

Or how an entrenched culture can stop firms from changing because they think 'the way things work around here' is good enough to last, eg Sony and Nokia. Hope this helps! :smile:
Original post by Oliver1234
Ive done for globalisation
Who has benefitted
Who has suffered
Effects on CSR

would LOVE to see your notes on this?!?! Sound great haha
Reply 995
My main weaknesses is point 1 and point 5
I researched the following
Nokia
Kodak
South West
Barclays
Zappos (breifly)
Apple (Breifly )
Royal Mail

With bullet point 1, i understand factors influencing the organisational culture like objectives of the business ect but i don't have a clue about culture differences ???
Also problems with change the organisational culture 5. Could i say workers dont want to change ect. I dont have a business except barclays for it but i dont know what to say about problems. What has actually changed at barclays apart from his transform programme and extra training. They've cut cost ect and introduced training ? Could you say training is going to add to cost ?

I think i need another business asap, please help
Original post by Superunknown17
Maybe how a culture can completely bring down an organisation, for example a weak one like Goldman Sachs, incredibly self destructive.

Or how an entrenched culture can stop firms from changing because they think 'the way things work around here' is good enough to last, eg Sony and Nokia. Hope this helps! :smile:

Top stuff! Thanks to J_W as well toppa
Reply 997
Do you need to do any reasech for section B? Or does section A reseach cover that?
Reply 998
company examples of cultural differences within an organisation?

so far i have; barclays, tesco and hatfield..

does anyone know anymore?
Original post by Kemz
company examples of cultural differences within an organisation?

so far i have; barclays, tesco and hatfield..

does anyone know anymore?

HSBC, matches local culture in global branches.

I also believe you could say any franchise has cultural differences.... not sure if that is right

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending